Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 19:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: No longer will I lurk...
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 10:25 

Hello Everyone,

I will attempt to make this as short and sweet as possible, completely violating many proper English conventions.

My name is Drew, I'm 24, happily married for 2 years now, and I just recently started my career as a sysadmin. I have a second job as a flash web designer and I just recently became re-addicted to computer components. I used to mod computer cases, I love to overclock computers, I'm currently building a track car, I will be building a new computer next month, and I just recently became a triple monitor user.

Now that that is out of the way...
I found out about WSGF through ...I ...don't remember, but I have known about the site for a while. This site is a great wealth of resources, keep up the good work!

The two things pushed me to get three monitors:
1. This picture (3x Samsung S23A750D - $399; too rich for my blood)
2. Skyrim - Thanks for the poor multi-monitor support Bethesda.

After many countless nights of research (also this) and impressive reviews, I purchased three 23" Dell u2312HMt LED backlit IPS panels on Amazon from some shady company for $260(True 8-Bit LG panels). They arrived last week and I am absolutely stunned by the refresh rate and quality of these panels. As a self-proclaimed computer aficionado, I can honestly say these are up there with some of the best displays (price: performance ratio) outside of OLED panels. If you're interested, they are $90 off until December 7th ($229 + FREE shipping, Coupon code: $F30LDDGR9BML1). I am using two Mini DP to DP cables from Monoprice and one DVI.

Earlier today I removed the bezels from all three monitors and I must say, I am super impressed with the results. I will gladly post my DIY on the forums tomorrow I took many pictures and may have some valuable information that will assist other users as well. Hopefully someone, somewhere, will find use of them.

Thank you for reading,
Drew

Computer: Intel i7-2600k @ 5GHz | Asus Z68 Maximuz Gene-Z/GEN3 | 240GB Corsair Force 3 GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB 30nm Samsung DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Toxic 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 | 3x 23" Dell u2312HMt (LG IPS panels) 5940x1080

Cooling: EK Supreme H

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 14:12 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

mhmmm, wait.... thats not fully correct here right?..... doesn't matter.... congrats on creating an account :D

btw. Looking forward to some more Bezelless pictures :)

Edit: Well.... wanted to make a comment on your avatar... but.... kinda needless someone with a Shana avatar making a comment bout a Lucy avatar xD

Post subject: (No subject)
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 15:06 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 20:03 

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.
After I get some work out the door today I will post my DIY with lots of pictures.

Computer: Intel i7-2600k @ 5GHz | Asus Z68 Maximuz Gene-Z/GEN3 | 240GB Corsair Force 3 GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB 30nm Samsung DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Toxic 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 | 3x 23" Dell u2312HMt (LG IPS panels) 5940x1080

Cooling: EK Supreme H

Post subject: Looking forward to it!
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 17:24 

Looking forward to it!

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."