Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gaming and comics
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 21:34 

Hello all.

I am a long time gamer, but new to multiscreen. Once I saw a few videos about it I knew I had to set up my own rig.

This website has been infinitly helpfull in set up, configuration and figuring out what to play on my new rig. I have commited a fair amount of time to studying it and have posted a few times here and there. I see this as being a community that is in-tune with my mindset.

Due to creative needs, I have become mostly a Mac person, but have always maintained a reasonable gaming rig. My new set-up just added in another monitor and of course an upgraded video card. What I have now is my 27" iMac being used as a display port monitor with a 24" screen flanking it on either side.

Pros: You hit CMD-F2 and you can switch the iMac from a computer, to a monitor, very quick swapping.

Cons: Because the side monitors aren't quite as tall as the center, a line that connects smoothly near the bottom of the screen will become marginally disjointed closer to the top. Not that noticible though.

My other main hobby is that I run a webcomic.

It is called "Chamber of the Arcanum" and it is something that almost became a novel for me but then got pushed aside by life, and now it's re-incarnated as a webcomic. It is just a fun hobby but a new one goes up every Friday, and I haven't missed a deadline yet, in the just over a year that it has been live. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think, the link is in my signature.

RL

RL for me is being a Radar Tech for Canada's Navy, living in Victoria, BC on Vancouver island.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 21:26 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi and welcome! Sounds like a good setup you have going there, a few users here are into Macs for work and PCs for gaming. Enjoy the forums. 8)

Post subject: Quote:Feel free to check
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 20:09 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

Feel free to check it

Uhh.... and where do we check your comics ? I like comics.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 20:12 

Http://cofthea.thecomicseries.com

But there is a link in my signature.