Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 12:21 
Administrators
Administrators

Hello and welcome to the Widescreen Gaming Forum!

Our community works hard to bring you the best and latest information available on gaming in widescreen, and we want to make sure that you get to experience as much of it as you want. Please take a minute to read what our site has to offer, so that you get as much information as easily as possible.

If you want some general information on widescreen, multi-monitor, or 3D gaming, be sure to check out our FAQs. Otherwise, read on!

I want help to fix a game that doesn't work properly in widescreen or multi-monitor so I can play it.

1. The first place to begin is the Master Game List. This is a list of all the games that we have information on, so search for the game you are after and click on the name of the game to open it's Detailed Report. The Master Game List can be accessed via the top menu under Games.
- The Detailed Report (abbreviated as DR) will detail any fixes that are required to play a game in widescreen or multi-monitor, and show pictures of the gameplay with the fixes in place. It will also outline any problems that you may expect to find in the game, and list resolutions that the game has been successfully tested on.
- Some of the terms can be technical, leaving you confused about what is being said. This Visual Explanation thread is a good resource to look at if you would like an explanation on terms.
- Each Detailed Report has a Forum Thread listed for you to ask any questions, if you have read the report and wish to discuss or ask something.

2. If a Detailed Report doesn't exist for a game, do a Site Search (located in the left hand menu) for any forum threads that may help.

3. If nothing exists that helps, go to the Request/Discuss Game Solutions forum and post there.

-----

I want to add some information or a fix that is missing about a game.

1. If you have information or a fix that would be a useful addition to our Detailed Reports, you can choose to Edit our Detailed Report. Think of it like Wikipedia, they are community driven reports to help other members of the community.

2. If you aren't sure about the terms or feeling confident about updating the Detailed Report, go to the Forum Thread listed in the DR and post it there. A more experienced member will be glad to help out.

3. If it's about a game with no Detailed Report, post in the Request/Discuss Game Solutions forum forum and we'll add it in; or even better, add a new Detailed Report and fill out as much as you can. We'll take care of the rest!

-----

I need help with my multi-monitor setup.

The best way to get help with your multi-monitor setup is to post in the forum dedicated to the type of setup you are using, whether it be AMD's Eyefinity, NVIDIA Surround, Matrox's Triplehead2Go, MView, or SoftTH:
Multi-Monitor Gaming forums
Posting in a welcome thread will often get you re-directed to the specific forum, as that is where the most knowledgeable people for your setup hang out.

-----

I need help with my 3D setup.

Head to the 3D forums to help you out, post in the system-specific forum for the best help:
Stereoscopic 3D Gaming forums
Posting in a welcome thread will often get you re-directed to the specific forum, as that is where the most knowledgeable people for your setup hang out.

-----

I need help with some other software or hardware I am trying to use.

Our Hardware and Software Support forums are of most use to you here:
Hardware and Software Support forums

-----

I want to know how a game plays in widescreen or multi-monitor before I buy it.

1. Head to the the Master Game List, the list of all the games that we have information on, search for the game you are after, and click on the name of the game you want information on to open it's Detailed Report. The Master Game List can be accessed via the top menu under Games.
- The Detailed Report (abbreviated as DR) will detail any fixes that are required to play a game in widescreen or multi-monitor, and show pictures of the gameplay with the fixes in place. It will also outline any problems that you may expect to find in the game, and list resolutions that the game has been successfully tested on.
- Some of the terms can be technical, leaving you confused about what is being said. This Visual Explanation thread is a good resource to look at if you would like an explanation on terms.
- Each Detailed Report has a Forum Thread listed for you to ask any questions, if you have read the report and wish to discuss or ask something.

2. Head to Widescreen Gaming Forum's Youtube channel and check out the videos available to see how the game plays in widescreen/surround.

3. In the top menu, select Media > Screenshot Galleries and select a category to view galleries of games that have been uploaded to see how they look in widescreen, multi-monitor, using NTHUSIM, or in 3D.

-----

I want to know about hardware before I buy it.

1. In our top menu, hover over Monitors, GPU, or Hardware and choose from the relevant category to get information on the hardware you're looking to buy. There are some excellent reviews and benchmarks available, as well as monitor details and driver histories.

2. If you want some information on widescreen, multi-monitor, or 3D gaming, be sure to check out our FAQs.

3. Head to the forum that relates to the product you are looking to purchase and post a thread!

-----

I want to talk to other WSGF members about stuff!

1. Post a hello in the Welcome forum!

2. If you want to get involved in WSGF, the best way to get to know people and learn stuff is to join our IRC Chat! You can either connect through our IRC client by clicking Chat in the top menu, or use your own IRC client. Head to the IRC Chat link to get all the details you need and come say hello.