Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello, new user here
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 09:08 

Hi. I'm Elky

I've had for a long time a dual 19 inch monitor setup with extended desktop and ultramon. But actually never played accros the both of them. Didn't knew how. Just recently bought a 6970 and 3 x 24 inch monitors and was blown away by the
Eyefinity functionality. So actually just started gaming accross all the monitors. So far only game that wouldn't let me was Tropico 4. And now ..... Skyrim
That's one of the main reasons I ended up here. I've been following the thread and I'm lucky to find a such a dedicated community. So tought I'd sign up

I wish I could help out with the programming but I don't know anything about it. I'm better at building stuff. Have built my own customized desk and desk chair. Have no pictures of the new setup, mainly it's not entirely finished yet
Because I built it specificly to fit the old setup and had to change everything around for the new monitors. I will post some photo's if there's interest for them, Maybe for the people that would want build their own monitor mounts.

»»───(knee)───►

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 12:01 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to WSGF, please post the pics, cheers.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 14:59 
Administrators
Administrators

Greetings and welcome to WSGF :welcome :) :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

Post subject: Hey thanks for the warm
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:54 

Hey thanks for the warm welcome

So here some pics of the desk in the old configuration

Most of the building itself done, just some painting and finishing touches

Top view of the desk surface, left of the raised section integrated 4-port usb hub and at the back left a power socket. Right side convenient storage compartiment
The table stands on the 2 old 19 inch monitors are located underneath the raised section

A bigger view picture. My selfmade deskchair, built from some salvaged parts. A reupholstered '74 chevrolet chevelle bucket seat and a rotating base modified with legs and wheels.

The whole consists of 4 parts. Left side rack, right side leg, top desk and raised section that sits loose on the desk surface. (oh Yeah and a Ikea drawer storage unit :p )

Now with the new setup it didn't work out so I have to do some modifications to it. What I already made is monitor stand for the 3 monitors It just slides in at the back of the desk and has a horizontal bar (with the ends angled towards me) on which the monitors hang.
Sadly enough I made a measuring mistake and I'm 0.5 cm too low to slide the raised section underneath the monitors. So I have to rework the mounts on the monitors themselves so that they sit higher. The other thing I still have to do is the left stand/rack. The top section where the case sits has to be lowered so the bottom of the left monitor clears the top of my case. Now my case sits on the ground. But just haven't had the courage yet to tear the whole thing apart again and drag it downstairs to work on it. Will do that soon.

Would have wanted to put up a picture of the setup as it currently is, but don't seem to find my camera. When I tear it apart and build it up again I will take some pictures.
That's it so far, will keep you guys updated

»»───(knee)───►

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 21:30 
Editors
Editors

Welcome.

Nice Table! And you did ALL yourself? From cutting the wodden panel to weld the the steel construction to paint it all? Nice. You seem to have a good workshop.
I'm sure it was a whole lot of work to design it first, draw it, and then make it. Lots of hours ^^