Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello world!
PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 21:21 

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I've popped in a bit over the years but time to say hello. I'm from South East England so hello to all you UK'ers out there.

What I would like to do is to have a thread which I will aim to keep up to date with all the most interesting and viable DIY projects that people have done. My aim is for it to be a one stop shop to give people ideas and inspiration for their own build. I'm interested in virtual reality, immersion and interaction, so big 180 degree screens like BHawthorne has done, a racing seat with added extras (needs to be new and exciting, not just look like a car!) and projects like Johnny Lee has done turning something simple like the Wiimote into a device that turns your projector screen into an interactive whiteboard (basically touchscreen!).

So, if someone could tell me where I might put such a thread that would be great. I would ask that once it's up and running people send me links to projects that I can add to the list. All projects would need to be well written or described on a video, preferably with pictures also. I want it to be like a resource where people can come and learn how to make bits for their own project, and then we may learn something new from what they create etc. Sharing as many details as to how we made our builds.

I've got a few to share which I'm working on but progress is a little slow. When I get them done I'll share all!!!

Anywayz, thankyou for your time.

Ben.

Post subject: Re: Hello world!
PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 18:45 
Insiders
Insiders

:welcome

PostPosted: 31 May 2011, 19:07 

:welcome

Thanks for the welcome, something that you guys might be able to help me on is a way to independantly control camera and aim in games. I'm wondering whether something like headtracking software might be the way. I'll try to put some more details up of the project soon so you can see how I want to use the camera/aim feature.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 03:55 
Administrators
Administrators

Hello and welcome!

The multi-monitor forum would probably be the most appropriate, but a moderator can probably clarify that.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 04:32 
Founder
Founder

My best guess at this point would be the "Mods, Skins & Tools" section:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/1068

See how the thread grows, and if we need to move it we can.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 12:06 

My best guess at this point would be the "Mods, Skins & Tools" section:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/1068

See how the thread grows, and if we need to move it we can.

Thanks for that, I'll see what I can get going!!!

Are there any restrictions I should know about? I'd like to keep the opening post constantly edited and well presented including pictures etc, some forums I've been on have restrictions of like 5 images per post so I'd need to reserve posts if I wanted to add pictures at a later date to the start of the thread rather than inbetween all the chat. As I said, I want it to be a useful resource so I'd like to do it as well as possible.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 13:39 

Ok, I've posted it, just a couple of projects to start with but I'll add more as time goes. If people have the time to do a quick summary of their own projects or of others then that would help to fill the thread up more quickly.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 00:31 
Administrators
Administrators

Nice one, look forward to checking it out!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 07:55 

Ok, I've posted it, just a couple of projects to start with but I'll add more as time goes. If people have the time to do a quick summary of their own projects or of others then that would help to fill the thread up more quickly.

Thankyou.

Whoops! Complete FAIL!

Meant to post the link:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23591

Check it out!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2011, 21:32 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the welcome, something that you guys might be able to help me on is a way to independantly control camera and aim in games. I'm wondering whether something like headtracking software might be the way. I'll try to put some more details up of the project soon so you can see how I want to use the camera/aim feature.

Mhmm i think that wont work, well maybe... but most games have Sight fixed on Aim. Just some Space Games like Freelancer or Black Prophecy have Aim and Sight different...

But if you're looking for a controler, OCZ NIA might be a way, i got one here 8) but never mastered it :oops: