Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New to WSGF
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 15:12 

New to the site and wanted to say HELLO...

Just built this rig:

i5-2500k
Hyper 212+ HS
ASUS Sabertooth P67
8GB Ram
GTX 570 OC
OCZ 120GB SSD
Samsung F3 1TB HDD
Asus Optical
HAF 932 Case
Gigabyte Aivia keyboard
Logitech G9X Mouse
Klipsch/THX 2.1 speaker system

I currently game on an i-INC iH282 28" monitor which I really like but after hanging out at Anandtech and now finding this site, I am VERY tempted to get another 570GTX and 2 more monitors like I have now for surround gaming...

My ONLY concern is getting past the bezels...is it that hard to do?

Post subject: Re: New to WSGF
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 16:18 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome :D

At first it takes a little getting used to with the bezels, but it dont take long, now I hardly notice them much, you tend to focus on the central screen the vast majority of the time, and the addiontal screens fill your periferial vision so I dont tend to find that they become much of an issue.

Games are still much more immersive than they are on a single screen even with the bezels! :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 16:30 

:welcome :D

At first it takes a little getting used to with the bezels, but it dont take long, now I hardly notice them much, you tend to focus on the central screen the vast majority of the time, and the addiontal screens fill your periferial vision so I dont tend to find that they become much of an issue.

Games are still much more immersive than they are on a single screen even with the bezels! :)

Thanks...wish I knew somewhere I could try it out! LOL!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 17:18 
Administrators
Administrators

Physicly trying it out might be tricky of cause but you have come to the right place, we have a huge list of game reviews (known as detailed reports - DR's for short) which show information about how a game performs on multiple screens and if it requires any special tweaks to get them working or not.

I would suggest you check out some of the DR's and media here for some pics and videos of other users setups and experiences.

Failing that, get your self to the next CES or similar event if you can and be prepaired to be WOW'ed at all the tech around the place :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 17:54 

Physicly trying it out might be tricky of cause but you have come to the right place, we have a huge list of game reviews (known as detailed reports - DR's for short) which show information about how a game performs on multiple screens and if it requires any special tweaks to get them working or not.

I would suggest you check out some of the DR's and media here for some pics and videos of other users setups and experiences.

Failing that, get your self to the next CES or similar event if you can and be prepaired to be WOW'ed at all the tech around the place :)

I'll check out some stuff here...thanks!

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 11:17 
Editors
Editors

Bezels are something that most of the naysayers harp on about - "I couldn't play games with a break in the screen...!" but in all honesty, you focus on the centre of the middle screen - just like you focus on the crosshairs on screen when using a single display. The monitors on the side are there for immersion... and it works.

It took me about a day to forget they were even there. It's different on the desktop, but then I'm looking at the whole thing. Triplewide is the biggest upgrade to my gaming experience I've had since I bought a Voodoo 1 card. :)