Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: mmm Fresh meat! XD
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 00:56 

Oh I hate intro's, blah, but oh well. here it goes!

Been a nerd -all- of my life, lurked these forums for about 2 years or so... uhh, not sure what else to say.

Woo! Good to be here!

Post subject: Re: mmm Fresh meat! XD
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 11:07 
Editors
Editors

There's no such thing as an ex-nerd, anyway.

Welcome ! :)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 11:11 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 11:24 

let me explain the nerd thing a bit better.

My real name is Paul, i was named after Paul Atreides from Frank Herbert's Dune.

Im a second generation IRC junkie.

My physical penmanship is some of the worst you'll ever see, due to using a computer nearly exclusively from about 3rd grade on.

I'm currently writting this reply in my living room on my droid 2 while i remote into my computer. (seriously guys, if you have a phone that can do it, taking control of your computer anywhere you go is single handedly the coolest thing since the Voodoo 5 6000).

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 13:07 
Editors
Editors

I'm currently writting this reply in my living room on my droid 2 while i remote into my computer. (seriously guys, if you have a phone that can do it, taking control of your computer anywhere you go is single handedly the coolest thing since the Voodoo 5 6000).

Agreed. My kids get a kick out of the living room TV changing music/shows/movies while Daddy is down the hall or in the bathroom. ;)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2010, 13:17 

[quote]I'm currently writting this reply in my living room on my droid 2 while i remote into my computer. (seriously guys, if you have a phone that can do it, taking control of your computer anywhere you go is single handedly the coolest thing since the Voodoo 5 6000).

Agreed. My kids get a kick out of the living room TV changing music/shows/movies while Daddy is down the hall or in the bathroom. ;)

with everything, roadside service, insurance, i pay around 120 a month for my service on verizon.

I wont lie, Id pay 120 a month fr a device that could -only- remote into my PC from practically anywhere.

actually, when i needed clarification on a bill from verizon, they specifically told me i had to use a computer and not my droid, and that they cant print break downs of charges.

Busted out my phone, logged in, pulled up the bill...

"How'd you do that?"

hahahaha tech FTW