Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New to forum
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2010, 17:40 

Hey guys, just wanted my first post to be a "Hello".

I got turned on to Eyefinity and had this forum recommended to me by one of the members over in the XIM forums. Last time I was a pc gamer was back when Max Payne was released. So it's been awhile. I've been a console gamer since then, but as I mainly stick to fps's I've always had to deal with those horrible thumbsticks.

Then a few years ago I came across the XIM. That allowed me to use a kb/m on the 360 and ps3. All was well and good but I just got to the point where I was so tired dealing with the vast amount immaturity and racism on LIVE and PSN. So I figured there was no time better to jump back in to pc gaming than now.

I just finished building a new rig within the past week. This is what I'm currently running.

I5 750
Gigabyte P55-USB3
8 gig Corsair XMS3
XFX 587x HD
Kingston 128 gig SSD
W.D. 640 gig
Asus Xonar D2X
Corsair TX 750 p.s.
Win 7 Pro 64bit
3 Samsung P2450's

I'm still on the hunt for a tri-monitor stand and a new desk. I'm a bit cramped for space with these 3 monitors.

My first game, using Eyefinity, was Bad Company 2. Man was that a bit weird at first with the 3 monitors. But I'm really loving it now. Of course there's a whole new hurdle I need to over come now, and that's getting my @$$ handed to me by all the veteran pc gamers.

Post subject: Re: New to forum
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2010, 03:33 
Insiders
Insiders

:welcome