Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 21:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Galaxy Rep
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 21:01 

Hello to everyone on the WSGF forums!

My name's Fischer, and I'd like to introduce myself as your official rep for Galaxy, manufacturer of performance graphics cards. I've been visiting widescreengamingforums.com for quite some time, ever since I needed help getting Half-Life and Age of Mythology working on my first widescreen TV nearly 6 years ago. Now that I have my dream job of working in the graphics card industry, it's only fair that I give back by contributing and assisting in the forums however I can as an official rep.

This applies especially to help with our MDT series cards, which are a unique world's-first solution from Galaxy for surround gaming on a single GeForce graphics card. Having extensively used every MDT card myself, I've picked up quite a few tricks and am always happy to share. If anyone has any questions, needs any help, or just wants an honest opinion about anything graphics or PC gaming related, please feel free to send me a PM. I'll do whatever I can to help out with product or service issues, and I'm always up for any good tech discussion.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Cheers,

Andrew Fischer
-Official Galaxy Rep

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter: GalaxyUS / Facebook: GalaxyUS

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 21:58 
Administrators
Administrators

Greetings Andrew, :welcome

Nice to see you here and I look forward to your presence.

I am Delphium, one of the few admins of WSGF who help to keep this place ticking, if there is anything we can do to help, feel free to let us know and we shall try our best to assist you as best as we can ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay here. :cheers

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 21:00 

Nice to meet you, Delphium. Thanks for the warm welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter: GalaxyUS / Facebook: GalaxyUS

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 21:53 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi and welcome Andrew! It's always good to have someone from a hardware company be interested in helping their customers after they have already spent their money, very few companies do this. I look forward to seeing how the MDT technology evolves and would love to add it to the Red vs Green vs Blue article which compares the different solutions. I already noticed a few things from a video I have seen online about the MDT that are noteworthy.

Welcome and look forward to seeing you on the forums.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 22:17 
Editors
Editors

Hi Sam

Cool to have official Support from Galaxy! Heard some rumours about that Gforce but haven't seen an Review yet. Not even on wsgf ;)

Greetings
Haldi

Post subject: (No subject)
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 02:29 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

Post subject: Welcome! WSGF is a good
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 04:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Welcome! WSGF is a good resource for vendors to get feedback. I hope you use WSGF to gain insight into MDT and what might be wanted in future versions of the spanning technology. 2x1L ability on the NVIDIA side of the fence is a very big thing. MDT covers that oversight by NVIDIA and I'm happy to see it exist. I'm hoping in the future Galaxy would leverage HDMI 1.4a or DP 1.2 port bandwidth on a future MDT 2.0 to get around some of the higher resolution shortcomings MDT 1.0 has. I'd like to see MDT be capable of 5760x1080 @ 60hz in the future. I think that would be a big step in gaining more acceptance and market share.

Post subject: Awesome, with the strong
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 06:35 
Editors
Editors

Awesome, with the strong presence of reps we can definitely work together to achieve some great things.

Don't hesitate to contact for assistance or with questions that you may have.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 21:22 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to the forum; I hope to see you active around the forum. ;)

Welcome! WSGF is a good resource for vendors to get feedback. I hope you use WSGF to gain insight into MDT and what might be wanted in future versions of the spanning technology. 2x1L ability on the NVIDIA side of the fence is a very big thing. MDT covers that oversight by NVIDIA and I'm happy to see it exist. I'm hoping in the future Galaxy would leverage HDMI 1.4a or DP 1.2 port bandwidth on a future MDT 2.0 to get around some of the higher resolution shortcomings MDT 1.0 has. I'd like to see MDT be capable of 5760x1080 @ 60hz in the future. I think that would be a big step in gaining more acceptance and market share.

Pretty much this.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 22:47 
Editors
Editors

Pretty good video about MDT - I would be willing to switch to Nvidia once MDT hits the compatibility eyefinity has.

http://youtu.be/RWG8smZzT90

The 50hz limitation sucks but should be easy to remedy in the future via faster connections like DP or HDMI.

Need to make sure it has things like bezel compensation, and we would be rocking and rolling.