Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2013, 22:23 

ODaly wrote:
euge82 wrote:
Hi, it's possible to have a c3.exe file for 1280x800 resolution?

Thank you in advance

I'd like to second this request, or some instructions on how to do it myself. Thanks.

Yes. The method of doing it oneself would be appreciated, because I'd really like a 1366x768 version for my laptop.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 23:01 

Hi every body.
I search since a little moment if there is an executable of Caesar III with the resolution of 1280x1024.
I know there are a lot in another resolutions but not in 1280x1024.
Can you help me, please ...

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 19:13 

Hello everyone. I am having trouble installing the widescreen patch for Zeus. Whenever I extract the 1680x1050 files to the Zeus gamefolder using 7zip, I'm getting numerous errors saying it cannot delete the output file. This includes the zeus.exe. I've also tried extracting other resolutions with the same results. Can anyone help with my problem?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013, 21:52 

I figured out my problem. I had to run 7zip as administrator. Thanks for making this widescreen patch available :).

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 02:03 

I dug out my old Caesar 3 CD and installed, dropped the patched file in the install directory and ran it with no success... :cry: So I went to GOG, bought it there, tried again, and no success either. Tried running as administrator, tried running in compatibility mode for XP, tried renaming the files... nothing has worked. I'm super-excited to try this out, but has anyone had any similar experiences? The game runs just fine, it just doesn't run with the enhanced resolution.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 23:08 

I dug out my old Caesar 3 CD and installed, dropped the patched file in the install directory and ran it with no success... :cry: So I went to GOG, bought it there, tried again, and no success either. Tried running as administrator, tried running in compatibility mode for XP, tried renaming the files... nothing has worked. I'm super-excited to try this out, but has anyone had any similar experiences? The game runs just fine, it just doesn't run with the enhanced resolution.[/quote]

Hah, turns out you have to set to 1024x768 for it to work. Makes sense, since he replaced values in the game, but I just assumed my game was running at the highest available already. Anyway, this is sweet!

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 19:43 

Hi all,

First, thanks Jack for the amazing job you've done. It's pretty impressive to see that these good old games can be freshen up a little bit to be played in good conditions on our modern large screens. And your work at patching EXE is truly amazing.
Sadly, I have a bad new... I'm trying to play Zeus v2.1 (aka Poseidon patched) on 1920x1080. But your patched files don't work properly. Very probably because I have bought a localized (french) version of the game, with diacritics (ê, à, É, ï and so on...). So I have two choices:
    - either play the original legacy EXE, with the correct texts, but with a limited resolution of 1024x768;
    - or play with your version for 1920x1080. In that case, the resolution is correct, but the text is not good. All the letters with diacritics are not properly positioned (they are one line higher that their correct position) ; the long texts and paragraphs are truncated (because basically their start position is the same as for the english version, but the text itself if longer, ergo an issue ; and some of the panels are black (the date on the top right of the screen for example).

I tried to modify myself the file the same way you did, learning by doing some hexa-diffs between some couple of your files for various resolutions. I think I managed to grasp most of the modifications you did, but still there are also some kind of random modifications I just cannot understand...

So would it be possible for you either to directly patch and modify the EXE (see the link at the bottom of the post), or explain how you did to find where and what to modify (because simply replacing the couple of hexa values (0004, 0003) by (8007, 3804) at the right spots is not enough, apparently :-().

Thanks all!

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 07:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Quote:
Sadly, I have a bad new... I'm trying to play Zeus v2.1 (aka Poseidon patched) on 1920x1080. But your patched files don't work properly. Very probably because I have bought a localized (french) version of the game, with diacritics (ê, à, É, ï and so on...).

Test please this exe - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)
It's for 1440x900, but I am wondering diacritics displayed correctly or not?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 09:22 

Hi Jack, and thanks a lot for trying :-).

I just tried to launch Zeus with your file. Sadly, it does not really changes anything :-( (excepted for the resolution, of course).
The letter with diacritics are still somehow one line higher that their correct position (see the screenshots). And the long text are still badly positioned (see for example the second screenshot, the 'Commencer le scénario' button). Plus, strangely, every letter 'à' is replaced by 'ò' (see for example in the first screenshot the bottom-left button).
The only good news is that the panel seems to bi fixed now (no longer black, neither with a strangely distorted texture)

I took some screenshots for you to see what I mean.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2013, 12:25 

What i must do to have Caesar III in 144x0900, how do I change you change the exe? Or already exists an exe changed to 1440x900?

thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 44  Next