Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 12:58 

WLD13 wrote:
Thanks for the update, do you have contact info for them that I could use to get the ball rolling on my hardware issue or are they wanting to see if it works before they claim it as a fix?

Yeah you might as well get the ball rolling it'll take some time shipping back and fourth to the Netherlands :)

I have been e-mailing them at [email protected]
I tried the online support form on their page but never received a response.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 22:01 

Wow I'm impressed they shipped it two day from the Netherlands.
So we should have an answer by this weekend because it's scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

Tested it again today and it's still repeatable 2 out of 10 reboots lost one monitor.
It is strange that two never go out only one and not always the same one.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2013, 01:51 

I'm impressed with their response time as well! I emailed them and within about an hour they responded. The said they were sending you an updated hub and if it fixes the issue then they would take care of me too. They really seem to want to have a happy customer base. Oliverm3, thanks for the updates and hopefully we'll have good news by the weekend :)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 22:49 

So far so good 50 reboots and in and out of various games with no issue.
Its looking good since it would drop a monitor 2 out of 10 consecutive reboots.

I'll continue to aggressively test over the weekend and post the result but I think they may have solved the issue with the firmware update.
Total cost for the hub trying adapters and shipping back to the Netherlands $320. Don't tell my wife :)
I guess I took one for the team :)

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 02:45 

Day two with the new hub no problems.

To bad the hub doesn't indicate which firmware it's using to distinguish a potential problem hub.
That way people don't drive themselves nuts trying adapters or drivers when the problem is related to the device.

So far so good though played a couple hours of games today and did about 40 reboots just to see if one would drop out.
And it has been problem free not a single monitor drop.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 02:55 

Thanks for the updates, they're encouraging. Hopefully after you've passed it along to club3d they will contact me so I can be as happy as you are :) it's too bad it's not user-updateable firmware.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 15:42 

Crap, Turned the system back on today after breakfast and lost the middle monitor.
Rebooted and it came back and has stayed on but I was hoping that I would not see that again.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 15:58 

3 days since the last one and I lost the middle monitor when going in to Saints Row IV last night. Had to alt+F4 and start the game again since I couldn't see the menus.

Not sure where to go from here.
I hope WLD13 has better luck.

I haven't been aggressively testing so the 3 days was just normal computer use a couple hours a day. I may sit down and do a reboot count to see how often they're going out now with this new firmware.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 16:14 

Waiting on my hub to show up, UPS shows it should be today so I will update this weekend with my results.

Oliverm3, sorry to hear your problem isn't completely gone. Out of curiosity, does your hub get warm? Do you have a mess of cables (like I do) behind the computer case around the hub? Not that I think that would be an issue exactly, just wondering.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 16:24 

I haven't really checked if the hub gets hot. I'll see tonight.
I have a good amount of room around the computer since I keep it on the outside of my desk in the open.

Between the 7990 Devil 13 video card and my overclock intel 4770k it kicks of so much heat I don't want the computer anywhere near me :)

I have lost the monitor on first boot though in the morning so I'm sure it was pretty cool at that point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next