Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Warlords Battlecry III
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 03:27 

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the forums here, so please let me know if I'm leaving any info out or any such thing.

I'm no expert at game modification or going through all the multitudinous ways of changing a game's resolution, I will admit that up front. However, because I have a widescreen monitor that runs in 1680x1050, I've had to become a fair hand at finding and making use of different programs or tweaking files to be able to run a game at that resolution. I recently downloaded Warlords Battlecry III from Impulse, as I hadn't played it in several years, and I remember it to be a great and engaging game. However, try as I might, I cannot find anyone who's created a method of implementing new resolutions for it, and I cannot find any files that would allow me to edit the resolution myself. A number of game files have a .xcr file extension, which seems to be unique to the game (or to the series), and if I try opening them with a text editor such as Notepad or WordPad, all I get is a bunch of gibberish in WordPad's case, and Notepad won't open it at all.

If there is anyone here on the forums that has any ideas about implementing new resolutions for Warlords Battlecry III, whatever methods they may be, I'd greatly appreciate input on the subject. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 03:37 
Editors
Editors

I found some info , its quite old stuff, but may work at 1680x1050.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1794

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 12:13 

Thanks for the link, now I just have to find what the Enable Overscan Compensation tweak is.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 12:20 

I wonder, in the post, when he says it's a reg tweak, does he mean that it has to be done under regedit? Because I cannot find anything relating to overscan compensation under the regedit.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 12:21 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the link, now I just have to find what the Enable Overscan Compensation tweak is.

I uploaded it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?xdunye52ghe - , but dont blame me if it doesnt work or screw up anything in your setup. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 12:31 

Well thanks for the download, and it hasn't screwed anything up, but I can't say it's really done anything either. I'm guessing it's supposed to help with compensation for overscan, but that doesn't seem to help me change the resolution, so I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm missing something here.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 12:33 
Editors
Editors

Well thanks for the download, and it hasn't screwed anything up, but I can't say it's really done anything either. I'm guessing it's supposed to help with compensation for overscan, but that doesn't seem to help me change the resolution, so I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Well, i dont have this game, maybe you have to use this tweak and force the game to run at 1680x1050 using a config file.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2009, 13:15 

Alright, thanks again for the help, I'll give it a try before I go to work.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 16:35 

Same issue here. I was looking forward to seeing the effects of the download and I feel like I just have wasted space on my system.