Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2019, 23:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Darktalon wrote:
Is there a way to disable head bob while sprinting? I've been having to scroll through my weapons to prevent it when I sprint, otherwise I want to barf.

lol it's a pretty jarring head-bob isn't it. So jerky it makes it feel like the framerate is bad.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 00:21 

Sinbad wrote:
jackfuste's fix works for 3440x1440 (21:9). It's Vert+ now.

Side question, are you running reshade or something? Your game looks really colourful

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 02:02 
Insiders
Insiders

fallenshinobi wrote:
Side question, are you running reshade or something? Your game looks really colourful

An easy way to do this on Nvidia and AMD GPUs in direct in their driver software:

For Nvidia crank the Digital vibrance to 80%

Attachment:
File comment: Nvidia - crank the Digital vibrance
Nvidia_color_juice.png
Nvidia_color_juice.png [ 99.09 KiB | Viewed 7791 times ]

I am not on my AMD dev box right now but I am pretty sure it is under the Color settings and they call it [ Color Saturation ] it works exactly the same way. Juice it to like 150% that is = to Nvidia's 80% if I remember correctly. Both of them own if you need the color boost, it is pretty rad actually.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 02:50 

Quote:

Good eye, yes. I discovered ReShade last year and I use it as much as I can. It makes a huge difference in visual quality. In Borderlands, the colors look more rich and vivid and the textures look sharper and more gritty.

The filters I used for Borderlands are DPX, LumaSharpen, Colourfulness, AdaptiveSharpen, Clarity, FXAA, and Vibrance. It has been my experience that filters that work well in one game tend to work well in most other games. It's not a foregone conclusion, but it's usually true. You have to experiment.

I also removed the border around everything using the same trick from the original Borderlands. In Windows 10:

1. Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Borderlands Game of the Year\WillowGame\Config

2. Open WillowEngine.ini

3. Find DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.WillowScenePostProcess

4. Change to DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.ScenePostProcess

Last edited by Sinbad on 05 Apr 2019, 16:26, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 03:01 
Insiders
Insiders

32:9 looking fine. Thanks jackfuste!

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 16:20 
Editors
Editors

Darktalon wrote:
Is there a way to disable head bob while sprinting? I've been having to scroll through my weapons to prevent it when I sprint, otherwise I want to barf.

Yeah....
Is it any better with a wider FoV? or does it get worse.
I've realized there was head bobbiing and was like "please no.... make it stop"

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 19:47 

Sinbad wrote:
Quote:

Good eye, yes. I discovered ReShade last year and I use it as much as I can. It makes a huge difference in visual quality. In Borderlands, the colors look more rich and vivid and the textures look sharper and more gritty.

The filters I used for Borderlands are DPX, LumaSharpen, Colourfulness, AdaptiveSharpen, Clarity, FXAA, and Vibrance. It has been my experience that filters that work well in one game tend to work well in most other games. It's not a foregone conclusion, but it's usually true. You have to experiment.

I also removed the border around everything using the same trick from the original Borderlands. In Windows 10:

1. Go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Borderlands Game of the Year\WillowGame\Config

2. Open WillowEngine.ini

3. Find DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.WillowScenePostProcess

4. Change to DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.ScenePostProcess

Thanks for the tip friend, it's much appreciated ^^

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 19:56 

Love the effort this community puts into eyefinity support! The .exe patch looks great, for some reason though my left screen is mirroring the wire frame image of the right screen; all ghostly like...strange I know. Anyone having similar issues?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 22:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Darktalon wrote:

Replace BorderlandsGOTY.exe in the game folder - BorderlandsGOTY_no_shake.7z

• Camera shake is disabled at sprinting
Wyrdmacht wrote:
Love the effort this community puts into eyefinity support! The .exe patch looks great, for some reason though my left screen is mirroring the wire frame image of the right screen; all ghostly like...strange I know. Anyone having similar issues?

Disable in-game FXAA, use FXAA in the driver or ReShade.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2019, 22:57 

jackfuste wrote:
Darktalon wrote:

Replace BorderlandsGOTY.exe in the game folder - BorderlandsGOTY_no_shake.7z

• Camera shake is disabled at sprinting
Wyrdmacht wrote:

Disable in-game FXAA, use FXAA in the driver or ReShade.

You are so incredible, thank you so much for all the time and effort you dedicate to others. You are such a blessing!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next