Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 19:13 

susahamat wrote:
@neyshinoda15 : use fov trainer http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997

@mike1304 : did you installed cheat engine before using cheat engine table ? yeah this is memory manipulation some AV has always being detected virus . Just add to the ignore list btw it's a false positive

Then Calibrate by yourself using cheat engine table as i mentioned before , increase FOV with hotkey ] until its fit in your screen when in-gameplay then write the value if you make permanent in HxD. Tiny Menu is Issue right now in higher AR than >21:9, you can decrease view with hotkey [ using fov changer or cheat engine table http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997

Hi, sorry that I'm so stupid, but I don't get it to work:

First problem (Trainer-File from your link): I deactivated Windows Defender. Now I can open the "Ace7Game_FOVChanger.EXE" (=the file I got after unpacking the trainer-file). After that I start the game. But in-game nothing changes. Problem might be that I have a german keyboard and there are no keys for "[" and "]" (your hotkeys). Instead I have to press the "AltGr"-key and the "8"-key together to get the "["-sign. If I press 9 instead of 8 I get the "]".
Could this be the problem, so that I have no effect in-game? What effect should I excpect? That the FOV changes in real-time while I press your hotkeys? Do you have any ideas?

EDIT: My second problem: Cheat engine table: Now I got it. I had to install a programm called "Cheat engine" first. It wasn't included in your link so therefore I didn't know what to do first. Okay, I installed the "Cheat engine" software, but now I'm not so sure what I should do now. Can you please tell me exactly what I should do? The sense of this cheat-engine is to correct the FOV in the menus (which are so tiny in my case), correct?

I tried to start "cheat engine". After that I started "Ace Combat 7". After that I switched back to cheat engine with Alt+Tab. There I clicked on "open process" and selected the "Ace Combat 7"-process. Then I clicked on "open cheat table" and selected your ".CT"-file: I got a line "FOV Changer" in the lower part of the screen of the Cheat Engine, but it's not "Active".
Don't know what to do now. I think I have to enter a value in the field "Value" and then click on "First Scan" but I don't know which value I should type in.
Maybe I'm totally wrong with what I did, but I have no experience with this Cheat Engine-Software. I hope you can help me again...

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 19:59 

BraveTitan wrote:
Got the 48:9 FOV working but game is still displaying on only one monitor. I've tried running in windowed mode and changing UserSettings but with no luck unfortunately.

Did you change the resolution in-game? For me the 48:9 FOV is working and I use all my three monitors by changing resolution in graphics menu from 1920x1080 to 5980x1080). My problem though is that the main menu is sooooo tiny that I can't see anything. I can't read the options, so it's unusable for me. The game itself would be perfect (perfect FOV over three monitors while flying) but the menu is so tiny...

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 20:22 

susahamat wrote:

I gave it a go, I can disable the shaders which renders the UI - but I'm not sure I can adjust the width or position of the canvas the HUD is being rendered to/on. I could be wrong, I didn't pay the closest attention in Shader class all those years ago.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 21:24 

@Aure: nice progress man hopefully you can figure out transformation to apply to offset the output , for now i didn't have knowledge with that but i'll learn.

Mike1304 wrote:
susahamat wrote:
@neyshinoda15 : use fov trainer http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997

@mike1304 : did you installed cheat engine before using cheat engine table ? yeah this is memory manipulation some AV has always being detected virus . Just add to the ignore list btw it's a false positive

Then Calibrate by yourself using cheat engine table as i mentioned before , increase FOV with hotkey ] until its fit in your screen when in-gameplay then write the value if you make permanent in HxD. Tiny Menu is Issue right now in higher AR than >21:9, you can decrease view with hotkey [ using fov changer or cheat engine table http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997

First problem (Trainer-File from your link): I deactivated Windows Defender. Now I can open the "Ace7Game_FOVChanger.EXE" (=the file I got after unpacking the trainer-file). After that I start the game. But in-game nothing changes. Problem might be that I have a german keyboard and there are no keys for "[" and "]" (your hotkeys). Instead I have to press the "AltGr"-key and the "8"-key together to get the "["-sign. If I press 9 instead of 8 I get the "]".
Could this be the problem, so that I have no effect in-game? What effect should I excpect? That the FOV changes in real-time while I press your hotkeys? Do you have any ideas?

EDIT: My second problem: Cheat engine table: Now I got it. I had to install a programm called "Cheat engine" first. It wasn't included in your link so therefore I didn't know what to do first. Okay, I installed the "Cheat engine" software, but now I'm not so sure what I should do now. Can you please tell me exactly what I should do? The sense of this cheat-engine is to correct the FOV in the menus (which are so tiny in my case), correct?

I tried to start "cheat engine". After that I started "Ace Combat 7". After that I switched back to cheat engine with Alt+Tab. There I clicked on "open process" and selected the "Ace Combat 7"-process. Then I clicked on "open cheat table" and selected your ".CT"-file: I got a line "FOV Changer" in the lower part of the screen of the Cheat Engine, but it's not "Active".
Don't know what to do now. I think I have to enter a value in the field "Value" and then click on "First Scan" but I don't know which value I should type in.
Maybe I'm totally wrong with what I did, but I have no experience with this Cheat Engine-Software. I hope you can help me again...

sorry i don't know the german has different layout . here i've made fov changer v2 http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997 , i changed the hotkeys to F10,F11 this should be works. alright here the value to fit 48x9

Main Menu: 0.01382663846
In-Gameplay : 0.017026633

Attachments:
Ace7Game_2019_02_04_03_13_30_901.png
Ace7Game_2019_02_04_03_13_30_901.png [ 958.85 KiB | Viewed 27015 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 21:51 

Mike1304 wrote:
BraveTitan wrote:
Got the 48:9 FOV working but game is still displaying on only one monitor. I've tried running in windowed mode and changing UserSettings but with no luck unfortunately.

Did you change the resolution in-game? For me the 48:9 FOV is working and I use all my three monitors by changing resolution in graphics menu from 1920x1080 to 5980x1080). My problem though is that the main menu is sooooo tiny that I can't see anything. I can't read the options, so it's unusable for me. The game itself would be perfect (perfect FOV over three monitors while flying) but the menu is so tiny...

I hadn't tried changing anything in mainmenu yet because it has been so tiny as you pointed out. I have been using the FOV Tool to change in and out to see the menu easier. If the resolution shows up in the graphics menu that will be awesome.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 23:52 

susahamat wrote:
@Aure: nice progress man hopefully you can figure out transformation to apply to offset the output , for now i didn't have knowledge with that but i'll learn.

Mike1304 wrote:
susahamat wrote:

sorry i don't know the german has different layout . here i've made fov changer v2 http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32997 , i changed the hotkeys to F10,F11 this should be works. alright here the value to fit 48x9

Main Menu: 0.01382663846
In-Gameplay : 0.017026633

Thank you man! Will try it tomorrow. Here it’s late night but I‘ll try to stay awake and watch the Super Bowl... ;-)
Can you please tell me where I can enter the values and how I can enter different values for gameplay and main menu. I think only the menu has a problem because it’s so tiny, whereas the gameplay seems to have correct FOV with 48x9...
Thank you so much!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 04:37 

WARNING: THIS IS OUTDATED, GO HERE FOR THE CURRENT FIX, ITS MUCH BETTER AND ACTUALLY WORKS: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 13#p176013

--- BELOW TEXT IS JUST FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES, DO NOT USE IT ---

Update: I took down the comment for a short period because I got a report of it not working (suspected it only worked on my PC, shaders can be weird sometimes), as it turns out the problem was just that the shader fix file was accidentally misspelled (be careful that it ends in .txt and not .txt.txt!)

Update 2: Make sure that you have Windows Explorer configured to show file extensions (Open Explorer -> "View" tab at the top -> File name extensions).

Update 3: I found out you can set how gist files should be called when downloaded so I changed the install so you only have to save the shader, hopefully this will prevent more people from having file name related issues.

Hey everyone, I spent the last couple hours on Discord with DarkStarSword, one of the amazing devs of 3DMigoto and he helped me create a preliminary fix for the HUD position issue.

Instructions:

Part 0: Install (automatically or manually) susahamat's fix.

Part 1:

- Download 3Dmigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases (ordering is weird, latest is "3Dmigoto-1.3.14.zip").

Edit: To get reshade compatibility, download version 1.2.73 instead (install process is the same otherwise), the developers are working on a fix though: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/tag/1.2.73

- Unzip the file

- Open the extracted folder and go into the "x64" subfolder.

- Select everything inside it and press Ctrl + C to copy it

- Go to "[your steam library location]\steamapps\common\ACE COMBAT 7\"

- Paste the files so that d3d11.dll is next to Ace7Game.exe

Part 2:

- Open "d3dx.ini" with your preferred text editor (don't use Word or WordPad, Notepad++/Sublime Text is preferred but normal Notepad works as well)

- Search (Usually Ctrl + F) for "hunting=1" and change the "=1" to "=0"

Part 3:

- Go to https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mart ... eplace.txt

- Save the file (Ctrl+S) to the "ShaderFixes" folder in the game directory which got copied alongside 3Dmigoto. (Note: Verify the file is called "9958a636cbef5557-ps_replace.txt", make sure Explorer is set to show file extensions)

Part 4:

Launch the game, it should stretch the HUD to any resolution.

---

Bugs and Issues:

- Original aspect ratio but centered HUD would be preferable

- The background for the map does it's own thing for some reason and doesn't stretch

There may be other bugs but from the very limited testing I did it didn't seem to add any bugs over the usual ultrawide issues.

---

It's pretty late over here and I have other stuff to do tomorrow so I just decided to release it now, the fix is pretty rough at the moment but at least it makes the game finally properly playable. I will definitely keep trying to improve the fix but if there are any 3Dmigoto magicians around here, feel free to do your thing.

I really hope that we can get the game very soon up to almost native ultrawide standards.

By the way, regardless of ultrawide fixes, I highly suggest checking out 3Dmigoto, the software can do some incredible things with 3D graphics that I can't even attempt to all explain here, just be aware that it has a crazy learning curve and documentation could be better.

Attachments:
20190203215652_1.jpg
20190203215652_1.jpg [ 805.48 KiB | Viewed 26829 times ]

Last edited by Winkelmann on 17 Apr 2019, 21:48, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 05:30 

Oh, very promising progress. Please keep it up. And don't forget your triple wide friends along the way please!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 06:47 

Many Thanks , that look so goood !!!

Attachments:
20190204164057_1.jpg
20190204164057_1.jpg [ 643.55 KiB | Viewed 26610 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 17:03 

Winkelmann wrote:
- Create a new file named "9958a636cbef5557-ps_replace.txt" (THIS HAS TO BE CORRECT!) and open it.

By the way, regardless of ultrawide fixes, I highly suggest checking out 3Dmigoto, the software can do some incredible things with 3D graphics that I can't even attempt to all explain here, just be aware that it has a crazy learning curve and documentation could be better.

Hey good job man, reviewing the code of that... yea I definitely didn't pay enough attention in Shader class. Do you remember what you had to change in there, out of curiosity?

I've been watching the the guild <Method> try to get world first on some boss in world of warcraft, the boss has some AoE blizzard that obfuscates the play field, bet that 3Dmigoto could really help negate that ^_^.

P.S. I did figure out how to modify the HUD to be pink, if anyone's interested in that. :wtf:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next