Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 17:28 
Insiders
Insiders

What it does:

[Surround/Eyefinity]
- Centres the UI for Surround/Eyefinity users (Monitor count >=2)
- Removes the Cinematic Black borders in Surround/Eyefinity.
- Videos and Concept Art and etc confined to the centre screen.
- Swap between centred UI and default UI by pressing F11 (is enabled by default).

[All Resolutions]
- Tweaks the Vignette so is not visible. (Just removing it, creates a colour inversion bug).
- Removes the Blackbars in cinematics. (I believe it should work at 21:9 aspect ratios as well).

What it doesn't do:
- It doesn't change the UI at 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9 resolutions.
- It doesn't change the Rendering Viewport. Meaning, if you get black bars at 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratios, you still get them! The whole game was made for 16:9 based resolutions.

- DirectX11 ONLY!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/GamePatches ... L_2_UI.rar

- Copy the content next to RE2.exe.
- For Surround/Eyefinity apply the HEX EDIT for FOV by Jackfuste:
"or using Hex-editor replace the following bytes in re2.exe:
FD FF A7 3F 00 00 00 00 => FD FF A7 40 00 00 00 00"

Done using 3DMigoto wrapper:https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto

Enjoy!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 19:58 

thanks helifax . sorry out of topic , could you fix hud for ace combat 7 ?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 20:17 

helifax wrote:

What it does:

[Surround/Eyefinity]
- Swap between centred UI and default UI by pressing F11 (is enabled by default).

[All Resolutions]
- Tweaks the Vignette so is not visible. (Just removing it, creates a colour inversion bug).
- Removes the Blackbars in cinematics. (I believe it should work at 21:9 aspect ratios as well).

What it doesn't do:
- It doesn't change the Rendering Viewport. Meaning, if you get black bars at 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratios, you still get them! The whole game was made for 16:9 based resolutions.

- DirectX11 ONLY!

Enjoy!

Hmz ... I guess this doesn't work with my ReShade config, am I right? If I put it in my RE2 folder with my ReShade, the game won't start anymore. If I use the d3d11.dll, I get your fixed, but not the ReShade, if I use the dxgi.dll from ReShade I get that, but not your fixes. Is it possible the get both? I disabled sharpening and use adaptive lumasharpen which looks way better.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 22:15 
Insiders
Insiders

gr3y5had0w wrote:
helifax wrote:

What it does:

[Surround/Eyefinity]

[All Resolutions]

What it doesn't do:

- DirectX11 ONLY!

Enjoy!

Hmz ... I guess this doesn't work with my ReShade config, am I right? If I put it in my RE2 folder with my ReShade, the game won't start anymore. If I use the d3d11.dll, I get your fixed, but not the ReShade, if I use the dxgi.dll from ReShade I get that, but not your fixes. Is it possible the get both? I disabled sharpening and use adaptive lumasharpen which looks way better.

What reshade version are you using?
If you rename the Reshade d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll both should work!

Can you please paste a link to your Reshade, so I can investigate? :)
Many thanks!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:30 

I'm having a similar issue with using this with ReShade, where if both the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll are in the same folder the game just crashes immediately at launch...

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:33 

Alden wrote:
TheWitcher wrote:
Abbie Doobie wrote:
Capcom has done a fantastic job supporting ultrawide, but I'd love to get this little bit of extra customizability :)

Are you kidding? For them to support ultra-wide is one of the easiest things they could do in-engine. The thing that actually mattered - removing pillarboxing - they lazied out on and the hardworking people here did something about it. Capcom did zilch.

:lol: :wave: :lol: So true TheWitcher, maybe the dude was being sarcastic?

Nah, not being sarcastic. The primary target for this title was console, so for the game to (mostly) properly support ultrawide was a huge surprise to me. No HUD or UI stretching, and no workarounds required to run the game in oddball resolutions. Black bars are present during cinematics, as well as 24/7 on taller ratios like 4:3 or 16:10, but with atmosphere and presentation being key it makes sense that they want to focus your view... but still I want to disable the black bars personally :P

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:34 

Thank for fixing the issue with vignette T_T

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Are you guys using the latest version of Reshade? or an older version?
I haven't checked it with Reshade yet, but I can do that, if I only know what to check against :)

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:46 

Helifax,

This is a quality fix. Donated.

If I can nitpick, exactly like the monster hunter fix: "some UI elements when they touch the edges of the middle monitor will stretch for a brief moment."

Is this a Capcom thing?

Anyway, if you are able to sort this, it might be two birds with one stone, RE2 and MHW. I would donate again for these two, I find this bug very distracting, and I would love to have a perfect fix or these two games.

Meanwhile, to get around the bug in RE2, I have mapped F11 to some of the buttons on my gamepad. That way, I can center the interface to use the map, and then explore the world with no UI stretching. It's not perfect though, certainly fiddly.

Also, I'm sure i'm in the minority here, but for triple wide, if there was a version with no cutscene fix, I would appreciate it. The reason is, the scenes are not formally choreographed outside of 16:9, so there can be distracting bugs there. For example, the first cutscene when Leon meets Jill, he is holding his gun, but as his hands would be offscreen on 16:9, the gun is simply floating near his hands. Another example are characters that pop into the side screens outside of the 16:9 view. For these reasons, I prefer the cutscenes to remain 16:9 as designed.

Thanks for the fix thus far. I'm using it, but so close to perfect.

I second the request for Ace Combat.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2019, 23:51 

helifax wrote:
Are you guys using the latest version of Reshade? or an older version?
I haven't checked it with Reshade yet, but I can do that, if I only know what to check against :)

I can confirm that I'm using the latest version of ReShade (4.1.1.496).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next