Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dishonored 2
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 17:23 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - Dishonored 2

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized Empress Emily Kaldwin’s throne, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As Emily or Corvo, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca, the once-dazzling coastal city that holds the keys to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the Mark of the Outsider and powerful new abilities, track down your enemies and take back what’s rightfully yours.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 04 Jan 2017, 11:51, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: Dishonored 2
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 23:02 
Editors
Editors

There's an issue I didn't report but is getting obvious after a couple game sessions: object culling. In Multi-Mon, some props only pop into view when you're very close. (Can you spot the missing object on the DR's gameplay comparison ?) :shh:

Just need a bit of time to gather evidence and contact support.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 12:08 
Editors
Editors

I submitted this comparison shots to Bethesda Support Center.

As you can see some objects that are visible in widescreen have not yet "materialized" in Surround: speaker above the lamp on the wall, hanging lamp near the window, and more shockingly the whole ornate screen beside the sofas. I'd move forward a couple more steps and these missing props would appear out of nowhere. If I move back and they vanish again...

Another way of revealing missing objects is to zoom in with the spyglass:

Notice the ceiling fan, wire lamps hanging from the ceiling, objects on the coffee table at the other end of the room ?

Yeah, they don't exist...

OR DO THEY

It's a bit of a letdown for a game that's supposed to have Nvidia-endorsed Surround support, but the story doesn't end here. Arkane are good guys. Kindly send your own screenshots to official support and give this issue some traction !

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2016, 20:11 

I have a problem with the game even launching in the first place when trying to run Eyefinity. Every other game works fine but this one will get the first loading screen, with Corvo's and Emily's faces split in the middle, the loading bar completes, then the screens all go black and never make it to the white screens with like developer / studio logos and what not... Just freezes and I have to CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to get to task manager and close the game...

Trying to play on a :triplewide: set up, Windows 10. Any ideas how I can fix that?

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2017, 21:24 
Editors
Editors

That's a very vague issue - you'll get more help by going through official support.
Anyway disable Eyefinity, run the game, set everything to Low, see if that changes anything. Also do yourself a favor and grab the replacement logo videos from PCGW ;)

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2017, 09:34 

Stealthstrike42 wrote:
I have a problem with the game even launching in the first place when trying to run Eyefinity. Every other game works fine but this one will get the first loading screen, with Corvo's and Emily's faces split in the middle, the loading bar completes, then the screens all go black and never make it to the white screens with like developer / studio logos and what not... Just freezes and I have to CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to get to task manager and close the game...

Trying to play on a :triplewide: set up, Windows 10. Any ideas how I can fix that?

I had this exact same issue tonight. Going to troubleshoot tomorrow, but would love to hear if you were able to fix this and what you did.

FYI: I am doing NVSurround with NVIDIA cards. So the issue must be more the triple wide vs specific to AMD or NVIDIA cards.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 04:37 

bkc6j wrote:
Stealthstrike42 wrote:

I had this exact same issue tonight. Going to troubleshoot tomorrow, but would love to hear if you were able to fix this and what you did.

FYI: I am doing NVSurround with NVIDIA cards. So the issue must be more the triple wide vs specific to AMD or NVIDIA cards.

Installed the game just a few hours ago and ran into the same situation. Tried 13 different AMD drivers, going back to March of 2016, uninstalled all VC++ redistributables, removing all updates the .NET, editing the config, etc.

Eventually, ran the game without Eyefinity and set it to borderless window mode. Enabled Eyefinity, changed to full screen mode and then set resolution to 5760x1080 and now its working.
:triplewide:

Try the configs below to see if they help, if not run the game without Eyefinity/Surround following the steps above.

Here is the config after changing it to borderless window mode
Code:
r_skipCameraMotionBlur "1"
g_lookStickSensitivityY "1"
g_lookStickSensitivityX "1"
g_mouseSensitivity "1"
g_mouseClamp "360"
r_shadowsBloodflies "0"
r_shadowsRats "0"
r_maxDynamicDecalsPreset "2"
r_textureDetailsPreset "2"
r_viewDistPreset "2"
r_modelsQualityPreset "2"
r_oceanQualityPreset "2"
r_shadowQualityPreset "2"
ark_player_autoaim_strength_mouse "1"
ark_player_autoaim_strength_pad "1"
rs_FPSTargeted "60"
r_skipGodRays "1"
r_skipLightScattering "1"
r_gamma "2"
r_renderQualityPresets "6"
r_windowHeight "1080"
r_windowWidth "1920"
r_fullscreen "2"
r_mode "10"
r_d3dAdapterId "040070"
r_skipLensFlares "1"
r_skipBloom "1"
r_skipDOF "1"
r_skipGodRaysUnderWater "1"
s_Video_Gain "100"
s_Voices_Gain "100"
s_SFX_Gain "100"
s_Music_Gain "100"
s_MasterBus_Gain "100"

Here is the config after changing it back to full screen, and increasing some of the quality
Code:
r_skipCameraMotionBlur "1"
g_lookStickSensitivityY "1"
g_lookStickSensitivityX "1"
g_mouseSensitivity "1"
g_mouseClamp "360"
r_maxDynamicDecalsPreset "2"
r_textureDetailsPreset "2"
r_viewDistPreset "2"
r_modelsQualityPreset "2"
r_oceanQualityPreset "2"
r_shadowQualityPreset "2"
ark_player_autoaim_strength_mouse "1"
ark_player_autoaim_strength_pad "1"
rs_FPSTargeted "60"
r_gamma "2"
r_renderQualityPresets "6"
r_windowHeight "1080"
r_windowWidth "5760"
r_mode "10"
r_d3dAdapterId "040070"
r_TAAAmount "12"
r_skipLensFlares "1"
r_skipBloom "1"
s_Video_Gain "100"
s_Voices_Gain "100"
s_SFX_Gain "100"
s_Music_Gain "100"
s_MasterBus_Gain "100"

The game still does not like Crossfire, just might be my two R9-290X might be showing their age but reports from all over sound like this game doesn't support multiple video cards.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2018, 07:43 

Attachment:
D2_FOVChanger.jpg
D2_FOVChanger.jpg [ 24.2 KiB | Viewed 10784 times ]

This FOV Changer to remove FOV limit on 110 . Enjoy for unlimited FOV!

v1.77.9.0
Attachment:
D2_FOVChanger.rar [3.84 MiB]
Downloaded 480 times

How To ?
1.Make Sure The Game On Latest Update > Extract .rar > Open D2_FOVChanger > play a game
2.Press Hotkey :
] for increase FOV,
[ for decrease FOV

Known Issue
1. Detected as Virus
Just add to the ignore list, it's a false positive, or anti-virus vendors are just retards. Again, if you're too scared to run it, then don't.

Attachments:
Dishonored2_2018_11_28_13_34_19_816.jpg
Dishonored2_2018_11_28_13_34_19_816.jpg [ 768.23 KiB | Viewed 10803 times ]

Last edited by susahamat on 23 Dec 2018, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2018, 12:18 

Nice one man!

I'm getting a virus arnt I?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2018, 15:17 

rocksteady wrote:
Nice one man!

I'm getting a virus arnt I?

Most trainers are based on memory hacking.