Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Area 51
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 13:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Area 51

Area 51 is a first person shooter, played from the perspective of the protagonist, Ethan Cole. The game does feature some operable machinery, including plasma turrets, besides the player's inventory of weapons. The player begins with a team of three other HAZMAT soldiers, who cannot be killed by the game world, unless it is scripted into the story.

The Game is free now see Link --> https://web.archive.org/web/20120409193223/http://extcamp.doublefusion.com/US_Air_Force/Game_Download_Sponsored_by_Air_Force.htm

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by czarman on 23 Aug 2016, 13:44, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: Area 51
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 17:26 

Thanks for the fix. I just finished the game, I played at 1080p resolution and used the FOV 1.6 fix. Unfortunately there are a ton of short unnecessary cut-scenes in the game and several of them mess up the fov and make it very low. Luckily when a new level is started or when you reload a save it resets it back, so you wont have to play in low fov for more than 3-5 minutes at a time. The game takes around 8(+/-1) hours to finish and low fov will take up 10-15 minutes of that. I wrote down when this happens, maybe it will help someone remember when to reload and fix the fov:

Level 1 - Welcome to Dreamland
- End of the level after you kill the first(and only) enemy -> There is no shooting after and level ends after few minutes.

Level 3 - The Hot Spot
- End of the level after you contact the HQ -> Enemies will launch a final short attack and you will have to play for a minute with a low fov, then the level ends.

Level 6 - The Last Stand
- Middle of level when you meet with the Delta team -> After some fighting you will have to fix some power cables. When you find the tools the game will be saved, so you can reload and the fov will be reset to your original setting.

Level 9 - Life or death
- Right at the beginning dr. Cray will contact you and mess up the fov -> You will have to fight in the next room with industrial catwalk. Once you clean it up and go through the double door the game will save, so you can reload and the fov will be fixed.
- At the end of level dr. Cray will again contact you and mess up the fov -> Luckily the game is saved right after, so you can reload and the fov will be fixed, so you don't have to fight the next catwalk area in low fov again.

Level 15 - Now boarding
- At the end of the level when the boss appears -> You will have to fight the boss in low fov, the level then ends.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 21:39 

Hi, thank you for your hack, very appreciated!

Can i ask how can you found the right value of FOV?
I ask to you because 1 week ago i tried to find with Cheat engine this value, and i had found
the following value in succeeding the picture.

But I think as the problem it's the incoorrect value because if i change that, the image it's deformed.

Can you explain me with a mini tutorial please? I'm very newbee but i want understand, because
i have more problem to play with a strict FOV in every FPS.

Thank you anyway!

You are BIG! :)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 11:07 
Insiders
Insiders

I am a newbee too - still strugeling sometimes to find the right Pointer in CheatEngine.... i did it via CheatEngine - once i found the FOV Value i looked what kind of String(Text) has this Value.
Then i opend HxD (Hexeditor) and looked for this Text Value and BOOM there it was.
Attachment:
Area.51 - FOV - 92 0A 86 3F - 49 05 03 40.JPG
Area.51 - FOV - 92 0A 86 3F - 49 05 03 40.JPG [ 57.47 KiB | Viewed 2935 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 12:02 

Thank you for reply,
how you find the exact value with cheat engine? Maybe with Memory viewer --> Dissect tool --> Reference string?
Or What?
Sorry but i want understand please!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 12:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Zoom in and Out with a weapon....--> http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewto ... 347f906d66

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 12:32 

Ok, i know this method but for some games have not have Zoom system in gameplay. like NERO nothing ever remains obscure, The guest, ecc..
How can find exact value of FOV with this games?

I did some hack fix for a few games, you can view in this steam forum Thread http://steamcommunity.com/app/417880/di ... 993641219/
but for some games not work! :(