Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 08:39 

This does work well for to get the game in 3440*1440:

Code:
How to add 21:9 (ultrawide) support.
To have this game run in 21:9 without issue simply open Fallout4Prefs.ini in your documents (C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), and change the following lines to how they are below:

bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=XXXX
iSize W=YYYY

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

Next do the same for the second Fallout4Prefs.ini located in wherever you insalled steam then steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4.

Currently the hud will stretch, but this is a good start and hopefully the hud can be fixed (i'll look into it).

However I get a weird shadow over a big part of the screen most of the time (it goes away if I look up or down enough)
Picture from forum user TheWitcher posted in the multi-monitor gaming sub forum.

If anyone can find a fix to that it would be playable, I dont care too much for the hud stretch

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 08:54 

xmadror wrote:

Code:
To have this game run in 21:9 without issue simply open Fallout4Prefs.ini in your documents (C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), and change the following lines to how they are below:

bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=XXXX
iSize W=YYYY

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

Next do the same for the second Fallout4Prefs.ini located in wherever you insalled steam then steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4.

Currently the hud will stretch, but this is a good start and hopefully the hud can be fixed (i'll look into it).

However I get a weird shadow over a big part of the screen most of the time (it goes away if I look up or down enough)
Picture from forum user TheWitcher posted in the multi-monitor gaming sub forum.

If anyone can find a fix to that it would be playable, I dont care too much for the hud stretch

I am getting this, too. Trying to figure out what's going on, but no luck yet. I have a 780 Ti. I saw that someone else reported an issue with this at 16:9, so I don't think it's a 21:9 issue.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 09:35 

Is there a way to turn of the darker green background color of the hud and popups? If it wasn't for that misplaced background color I wouldn't even realize that it is stretched.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:20 

xmadror wrote:

Code:

bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=XXXX
iSize W=YYYY

I use bTopMostWindow=1 instead of bTopMostWindow=0.

I also applied the fixes for Fallout4Prefs.ini in BOTH these locations:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4

and

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:32 

Goret wrote:

and

bTopMostWindow will keep your game window on top of everything else, so you wont be able to alt tab and bring something else over the game window, like firefox for example. Either setting will work though.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:38 

I'm getting the same shadow glitch as xmadror.

EDIT: Stepped down my resolution to 2560x1080 and the shadow glitch has disappeared.

Last edited by Volkov on 10 Nov 2015, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:40 

xmadror wrote:
Goret wrote:

and

bTopMostWindow will keep your game window on top of everything else, so you wont be able to alt tab and bring something else over the game window, like firefox for example. Either setting will work though.

OK, thank you.

So maybe it's just a matter of changing the settings in all files?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:42 

Same glitch as xmadror. Its usually in dark places as in vault, inside a building or during a night. No problem outside in daylight.

Also i noticed problem with aiming with sniper rifle : http://imgur.com/35mbCVl

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 11:11 

I'm getting the same glitches as those already reported. I'm also having stability issues, crashes quite frequently.
Seems we'll just have to play in 16:9 for now until a fix pops up. It's a shame that F4 seems to have all the same SLI and ultrawide/multimonitor issues that Skyrim and F3 had etc.
I would've thought that this time round they'd have addressed it for us!

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 14:19 

Same glitch here on my ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor.
Hoping for a fix soon...
Running latest Nvidia drivers aswell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3 ... hting_bug/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next