Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Monitor stand options
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018, 04:59 
Hello!

I am primarily a flight simulator enthusiast and play civilian sims (FSX, X-Plane) about 1% of the time and combat flight sims 9,999% For a very long time, I was gaming with a 24" center monitor and two smaller 19" monitors and have had to use SoftTH. I've just upgraded my setup to finally have identical monitors. I now have 3 27" monitors and a fourth touchscreen monitor for my flight sim use.

Since I "fly" more than other type of gaming, I do not have a traditional computer table. I have a flight sim cockpit that I've built myself out of MDF and timber and I've just built myself a big platform for my new screens.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on POV), I got approval to modify the cockpit table as well so now I am looking for better monitor stands for my 3 screens. I immediately get hit with the fact that most monitor mounts will only support up to 24" and there is very little choice for users of bigger screens. I'm glad I didn't go with 3x29" widescreens!

What are my monitor stand options considering my screen size? I know this site has links with Ergotech but even they need "mods" to really accommodate 27" screens. According to one review video (Linus Tech Tips), the Ergotech mount **barely** accommodates the 27" and I don't like the idea of the side mounts hanging off the edge of the arms as well. I think that would also limit the extent at which I can angle the side monitors towards me, right?

I'm also not sure about the non-clamp stand. I like the big footprint, but I'd like to overkill on the security factor (kids in house, so, yeah) and have both secure stand + clamp. Since my new cockpit plans calls for the monitor table being able to slide forward/backward to facilitate cockpit access, the clamp is now a necessity.

Any help appreciatedhttp://www.wsgf.org/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=97

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 21:06 

Hello
Well, I've bought 2 full 32 curves this year and it's great, but I do not think it's enough.
I made my desk with MDF, but I'm not too comfortable. I'm tired to play, and I do not know how to buy a standard table.
I am very pleased with my monitor, especially its curvature