Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 19:49 

Hi all,

Name is Kevin and im new to the forum. Just recently upgraded into the triple screen monitor world....I was running a single 47" for the longest time.

Im in the process of reconfiguring my set up to a new location. I have a spare bedroom that I will be converting into an office/gaming/man cave with my computer set up and will be purchasing the WSGF Freedom Ultimate Stand v2. Since everyone always wants pics, I will be posting pictures of the progress since I figure people would want to see what the stand looks like and what not.

As it sits right now, here is my current set up:

:triplewide:

Current Specs:

47" Vizio LCD as Accessory monitor
3x24" Asus VN247H-P in eyefinity

asus maximus hero VI
i7 4770k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 heatsink
XFX AMD 7970 Double D
20gb crucial ram
cooler master storm stryker tower
samsung evo 840 120gb SSD (OS)
WD 2tb HD
WD 500GB HD
WD 320gb HD
Antec 850w PS

in coming weeks, second 7970 will be coming for a crossfire set up along with a new desk and some accent lighting to accompany the relocation of my set up. Currently sits in my master bedroom and gathers many complaints from the girlfriend, lol.

but definitely looking forward to ordering the monitor stand! was looking at the XFX triple monitor stand, but such a huge footprint! the WSGF one looks so much more practical!

*EDIT*

Heres a pic of the work in progress

Last edited by gooky4u on 13 Feb 2015, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2015, 05:28 

So the new desk has been picked up and now sitting in my garage just waiting to be assembled. After much search, I went with the Realspace Magellan Collection Corner L Desk from Office Depot.

In addition, found a steal of a deal on a XFX double D 7970 so thats on its way for my crossfire set up.

Next on the list is the WSGF 3x1 Freedom stand and a 27" monitor.

The eventual layout will be basically 3x1x1. I will be running 3 24" monitors with a 27" accessory monitor and will have a 47" mounted on the wall with an articulating mount next to my desk for netflix/hulu/movies etc.

Should have the desk and setup somewhat put together minus some parts in the coming week and will post pictures of progress! Stayed tuned!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2015, 06:12 
I Donated
I Donated

Nice!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2015, 19:48 

Nice gear, I'm sure it'll be great!

I bought one of those desks with the matching hutch for my wife's office. It's a classy looking desk, but I hated every moment I spent putting it together.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2015, 21:37 

Nillaz wrote:
Nice gear, I'm sure it'll be great!

I bought one of those desks with the matching hutch for my wife's office. It's a classy looking desk, but I hated every moment I spent putting it together.

lol....thats what ive heard. the assembly process is a bit of an investment in time. But of the desks I looked at, this was the one i liked the most and was most functional. being a true corner desk and not just an L shaped desk with the most attractive factor. Because of the footprint of the monitor stands I was looking up are so large, such as the WSGF one or the XFX stand, i wanted something with ample space. Extremely excited to put it all together, but need to find some time. plan to start putting together most if not all of the desk late tonight

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 21:04 

Starting to come together!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 5751 times ]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2015, 12:47 

Heres a pic of the temporary set up. Still a lot of tidying up to do. Still need to purchase some misc. pieces to clean up the look. Probably gonna have to buy some USB extension cords for my keyboard. A bit intense. But in the coming weeks, Ill clean everything up and make it look nice. Still have LED lights and stuff to order and set up as well.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 03:00 

Bump for new pic!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 07:27 

Alright. Just ordered the WSGF Freedom V2 stand and my MST hub along with another monitor for my 5 monitor set up. Now, just gotta wait anxiously for them to arrive in the mail! Next on the list is some LED lights for the stand and desk and some manly decorations for my little get away! stay tuned as everything comes together!

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2015, 21:19 

Looking forward to how this turns out :)