Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 22:45 

]New toys came in =D

i was hooking it up to test for dead pixels....

just gotta wait for monday when the stand comes in =D

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 00:07 

Monitor stand came in. Hooked everything up and got everything working. I just really need to clean up the wiring, but extremely lazy. Lol. LED lights will be here tomorrow so ill prolly get to that tomorrow evening after I get off work. Here are pics of the set up as it sits.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 08:22 
Editors
Editors

You needed WD40? xD

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 09:39 

lol yea. one of the adjustment knobs for the stand, the one to slide it back and forth on the rail was a bit difficult. Just a touch of wd-40 loosened it up.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2015, 07:20 

LED lights came in. Got them most of the way set up. Will do more. And yes, I know, i need to tidy up my wires. I have to send my MST Hub in for a warranty claims. having some issues with it and it could possibly be because I am on an older firmware version. Kinda stupid how I have to ship it back to them to get a replacement. But waiting on that before I take everything apart and start tidying up the wires.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2015, 15:05 
Editors
Editors

Nice light, but is this also comfortable while gaming?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 09:58 

Yes its comfortable. Plus, the LEDs come with a remote and I can adjust the color or brightness depending on mood/situation/whatever. There are moments I like to game in the darkness and the LEDs give just enough lighting so I can still see things and not knock my beer/drink over, find my vape, etc. So its perfect.

I will be tweaking the LEDs in the weeks to come, but unfortunately, I had to send my MST Hub back in for a firmware update. I bought the club 3d sensevision MST hub which was SUPPOSED to be plug and play, but have had nothing but issues with it. After connecting my monitors, everytime my screens would go to sleep, the hub would "power" itself down and upon bring the monitors back on, the eyefinity arrangement keeps getting out of whack. After different cable combinations and methods, there was no plausible solution. I even tried powering the monitors down individually but it kept throwing everything out of whack and powering down. THe only solution was to reset my computer or power down my PC and then turn it back on to keep my arrangement.

Supposedly, they're suspecting its because the firmware I was sent was a bit outdated, so just shipped it off today and hopefully Ill get a new one back within a week or two, but as of yet, their support system is not the greatest. Response times are extremely slow and respond at the weirdest times. Ive had replies to my emails/forum posts at 8am, but Ive also had them at 3am. Their email response is AT LEAST 24 hours for simply replies.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I went out and purchased the club 3d MST based on this forum and the reviews I read/watched because of this forum featuring it. But so far, am extremely disappointed. Just thought Id throw that out there just in case anyone was interested.

Once I get the new hub, I also ordered a bunch of longer cables and some USB extensions so I can run everything cleanly and will tidy up my wiring and extend the LED light strips. Also, putting some more manly things on the wall and tidying up the place. Theres stuff EVERYWHERE, lol. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015, 08:36 

Alright, MOST of my wire management around the desk and monitor stand is done. Under the desk is a different story. Theres just SO many wires. In hindsight, I should have ran each wire one by one and organized, but I was working on a limited time clock. But I must say, I am mostly pleased with how it came out. Like I said, the wiremanagement under the desk is rough, but I can live with it. Now its just cleaning and organizing the area and putting more manly things around the walls lol

Comments and criticism welcomed