Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 22:54 

Hello everyone, thank you to jackfuste for his vignette removal patch :)
Just wanted to report that as of the Survivors DLC Update February 15 2019, the vignette removal patch no longer works and causes the game to crash to desktop upon startup.
Is it possible for you to update it to work with the new dlc? and thank you guys for your awesome work!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 22:47 

ddave wrote:
Just wanted to report that as of the Survivors DLC Update February 15 2019, the vignette removal patch no longer works and causes the game to crash to desktop upon startup.
Is it possible for you to update it to work with the new dlc? and thank you guys for your awesome work!

use mod framework.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 00:21 

ddave wrote:

Just manually do what Jack said, it works even after the survival update :rockout:

jackfuste wrote:
or using Hex-editor replace the following bytes in re2.exe:
8B 87 3C 01 00 00 89 83 DC 00 00 00 => 31 C0 90 90 90 90 89 83 DC 00 00 00

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 19:36 

Helifax, I am the guy who tagged your fix as causing glitches in the main menu and in-game on the PC Gaming Wiki. I hadn't gotten around to recording them until now so here it is:

Your mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FHCn3AtQKM

Vanilla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZFhAHQGWmg

There are 3 unique glitches present just in these 25 second clips. First one is the main title card having a blink out as the fade in effect draws. Most likely because the fade in effect uses the same shader as vignette. Second glitch comes from the character select screen, as you pick a different one there is a momentary flicker of the real-time rendered background popping in and then disappearing. Last glitch is when choosing difficulty. There is supposed to be a full black background to help highlight the selections. This is completely gone with the mod installed, again because it probably draws upon vignette shader to achieve.

It's a shame because all these problems are really CAPCOM's fault for coding it so poorly, but I doubt there's anything we can do about it. I haven't tested it far in-game but I believe anytime there's a cutscene you get a similar flicker artifact too as the vignette shader briefly changes. If you think there's anything that can be done about this, I'm sure all RE fans will greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 19:39 

KuraiShidosha wrote:
Helifax, I am the guy who tagged your fix as causing glitches in the main menu and in-game on the PC Gaming Wiki. I hadn't gotten around to recording them until now so here it is:

Your mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FHCn3AtQKM

Vanilla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZFhAHQGWmg

There are 3 unique glitches present just in these 25 second clips. First one is the main title card having a blink out as the fade in effect draws. Most likely because the fade in effect uses the same shader as vignette. Second glitch comes from the character select screen, as you pick a different one there is a momentary flicker of the real-time rendered background popping in and then disappearing. Last glitch is when choosing difficulty. There is supposed to be a full black background to help highlight the selections. This is completely gone with the mod installed, again because it probably draws upon vignette shader to achieve.

It's a shame because all these problems are really CAPCOM's fault for coding it so poorly, but I doubt there's anything we can do about it. I haven't tested it far in-game but I believe anytime there's a cutscene you get a similar flicker artifact too as the vignette shader briefly changes. If you think there's anything that can be done about this, I'm sure all RE fans will greatly appreciate it.

No offense..but why does that stuff in the menu really matter? A tiny little flash on a title screen and a background isn't black? I'll trade that for no vignette any day.

I have noticed that the black bars on the side of cutscenes pop in for a split second when the cutscene ends though, and that didn't used to happen with the cutscene fix I used prior to this.

Again though not a big issue.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 19:49 

Because it's not just the menus, it's ingame too with cutscenes like you said with the black bars pop in. And with a game that has you constantly going to the main menu during speedrunning where you mess up a run and reset, it can get annoying. Personally I find it far more disruptive than simply disabling vignette completely with hex editing and having those minor visual oddities from volumetric lighting and the skybox. If you run with volumetric lighting completely off for max performance like I do, then it becomes a non-issue entirely. Besides, I'm just trying to be as complete and transparent about what users should expect when using these things as they might see it and think their computer is artifacting when it's not.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 19:51 

KuraiShidosha wrote:
Because it's not just the menus, it's ingame too with cutscenes like you said with the black bars pop in. And with a game that has you constantly going to the main menu during speedrunning where you mess up a run and reset, it can get annoying. Personally I find it far more disruptive than simply disabling vignette completely with hex editing and having those minor visual oddities from volumetric lighting and the skybox. If you run with volumetric lighting completely off for max performance like I do, then it becomes a non-issue entirely. Besides, I'm just trying to be as complete and transparent about what users should expect when using these things as they might see it and think their computer is artifacting when it's not.

Fair enough I thought from your post that you were just kinda nit picking about the menu. Apologies.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 03:17 

Hi, the black bars during cutscenes are back as of the Ghost Survivors update. I tried re-applying the fix, but it causes the game to crash on startup.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 03:22 

Can anyone update the resolution patch? It doesn't work after 15 February update.
Or give the updated hex values to change in the hex editor. Thanks

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 10:35 

Use Helifax fix . it still does worked in latest update

Attachments:
re2_2019_02_18_16_34_08_037.png
re2_2019_02_18_16_34_08_037.png [ 2.34 MiB | Viewed 4462 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next