Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 01:07 

Ok so i don't know if im doing this right but i tried to change the aspect ratio to 21:9 through hex and it kinda works but i don't know if there is anyway to remove
The letterbox from the game, another thing is that it makes the game thinnier in some aspects, like in the battle for example the models look thinnier but the hud and everything else looks kinda normal,
idk if anyone else has tried to edit this game.

i took some comparison screenshots also the only thing is that it looks like the world map remains the same despite the change.

some help would be appreciated :wave:

and if this game is not possible to do a 21:9 edit, sorry for being a noob and dissapointing the community. :cry: :hide:
:stupid:

And sorry if this is the wrong place to say all of this

Attachments:
city 21 9.jpg
city 21 9.jpg [ 651.89 KiB | Viewed 5960 times ]
city normal.jpg
city normal.jpg [ 632.74 KiB | Viewed 5958 times ]
battle 21 9.jpg
battle 21 9.jpg [ 591.79 KiB | Viewed 5952 times ]
battle normal.jpg
battle normal.jpg [ 660.83 KiB | Viewed 5960 times ]
world 21 9.jpg
world 21 9.jpg [ 372.69 KiB | Viewed 5955 times ]
world normal.jpg
world normal.jpg [ 373.83 KiB | Viewed 5953 times ]
menu 21 9.jpg
menu 21 9.jpg [ 657.87 KiB | Viewed 5953 times ]
menu normal.jpg
menu normal.jpg [ 677.94 KiB | Viewed 5945 times ]

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018, 20:11 

sadly im still stuck and i don't know what to do :( sorry for dissapointing you guys but i don't know what to do at this point. any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 08:20 

Hey there, it looks like you squished the image down to emulate a 21:9 aspect ratio when stretched, but the game still renders black bars. Because of the black bars, I'm not sure if what I'm going to post will work as I think they're part of the image, but they're also there in 16:9 format as well. In any case, DGVoodoo might help, seeing as this is a DX9 game. However, it might not be supported since they could've used a newer shader model that doesn't work properly.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 40#p720044

Once you download them, extract "dgvoodoo.conf" and "dgvoodoocpl.exe" into the main installation folder, where the game is. Next, extract the contents from the folder labelled "MS" and drop them in the same place as the two dgvoodoo things you just put in. Now open "dgvoodoocpl.exe" and:
In the General Tab:
Set "adapters to use" to your current GPU.
Check "full screen" under "apperance".
Under "scaling mode", select "stretched, keep aspect ratio".
In the DirectX Tab:
Make sure "disable and passthru to real directx" is unchecked.
Set "Resolution" to either "Max" or the one your monitor corresponds to.

Now click apply and run the game. If all is good, your game will be stretched to your screen, which should give you proper 21:9 support. If not, well at least you got a bump.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2018, 23:33 

Senior Senpai wrote:
Hey there, it looks like you squished the image down to emulate a 21:9 aspect ratio when stretched, but the game still renders black bars. Because of the black bars, I'm not sure if what I'm going to post will work as I think they're part of the image, but they're also there in 16:9 format as well. In any case, DGVoodoo might help, seeing as this is a DX9 game. However, it might not be supported since they could've used a newer shader model that doesn't work properly.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 40#p720044

Once you download them, extract "dgvoodoo.conf" and "dgvoodoocpl.exe" into the main installation folder, where the game is. Next, extract the contents from the folder labelled "MS" and drop them in the same place as the two dgvoodoo things you just put in. Now open "dgvoodoocpl.exe" and:
In the General Tab:
Set "adapters to use" to your current GPU.
Check "full screen" under "apperance".
Under "scaling mode", select "stretched, keep aspect ratio".
In the DirectX Tab:
Make sure "disable and passthru to real directx" is unchecked.
Set "Resolution" to either "Max" or the one your monitor corresponds to.

Now click apply and run the game. If all is good, your game will be stretched to your screen, which should give you proper 21:9 support. If not, well at least you got a bump.

I did what you said and i tried to start the game but i get an error message that says the following:

TOS.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Symphonia\TOS.exe.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 00:20 

Okay, that's because dgvoodoo doesn't support this game; despite being a 2003 game, they must've decided to use the latest DX9 renderer for it. I'm not sure what other tools you need, but what you need is a way to force the game to stretch to fill your screen.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2018, 23:05 

Hi,
Have you tried the "adjust desktop size and position" in the NVIDIA contorl panel (AMD should have something similar) ?
It allows you to stretch the game to fill the whole screen.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 14:11 

Oldman wrote:
Hi,
Have you tried the "adjust desktop size and position" in the NVIDIA contorl panel (AMD should have something similar) ?
It allows you to stretch the game to fill the whole screen.

nope didn't work at all i already tried every option and i didn't see any changes at all