Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 18:59 

Hello!
I have been replaying Assassin's Creed II while using the Black Bars fix located here on WSGF (I have a 32'' 2560X1080 monitor). However, I realized I do not have access to my UPlay content as a result of this mod (such as the club rewards). Is there any way to get Uplay to communicate with the game with this black bars fix? I tried moving the save over the version without blackbars fix, get the content, and then move the save back - but that just did not work. I'm at a loss here.

Regards.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2018, 21:58 

OK, so I actually got it working!

This is how I did it:
I took UbisoftGameLauncher.exe
UbisoftGameLauncher64.exe
ubiorbitapi_r2.dll
uborbitapi_r264.dll
overlay.dll
overlay64.dll

from C:\Program Files (X86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

I then pasted them into [GAME DIRECTORY]\Assassin's Creed 2\UL

(UL folder being from the mod). This causes the new version of UPlay to run with the mod, meaning it can communicate with the servers. I now have may Uplay items in AC2 this way :).

This makes the game read from it's actual save-file folder, not the mod's save folder - while still preserving the Black Bar fixes. So your actual save file would be in

C:\Program Files (X86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Unique Profile ID]\4.

If you want to use saves you've already started with the Black Bar Fix mod, all you have to do is disable cloud saves for AC2 in Uplay, and then copy the saves from [GAME DIRECTORY]\Assassin's Creed 2\UL\Storage\Skidrow\4 and paste them into C:\Program Files (X86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Unique Profile ID]\4

then launch the game as you would normally, and you'll be up and running! This should also mean you can use older save files with the Black Bars fix too.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 16:45 

thx man for the wonderful tip