Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 10:22 

Am I the only one having issues? I'm playing on triple screen 7680x1440 and all is well until I try and get into the game play and it just crashes to desk top. Title screen works and spreads across all screens and loading screen looks fine across all 3 screens, it just drops me to desk top when the game play starts.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 21:03 

stormster wrote:
Am I the only one having issues? I'm playing on triple screen 7680x1440 and all is well until I try and get into the game play and it just crashes to desk top. Title screen works and spreads across all screens and loading screen looks fine across all 3 screens, it just drops me to desk top when the game play starts.

I only had two or three crashes in game. But only after some hours of playing.
Do you have something running in the background while playing?
Or are some settings too high for your hardware to handle?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 14:11 

Fiddleford McGucket wrote:
stormster wrote:

I only had two or three crashes in game. But only after some hours of playing.
Do you have something running in the background while playing?
Or are some settings too high for your hardware to handle?

I'm a bit of a spanner when it comes to hardware/software setting, but my rig is high end (running 2 x 1080tis and some sort of maxxed out i7) and I don't have any issues with playing any games on max settings. I tried turning all settings to minimum and still kicks me out

Nothing other than Steam running in the background

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 14:26 

I've read about people having Problems with SLI setups. Did you try using just one Graphics card?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 22:10 

I am so happy to hear this! Maybe big AAA game studios are going to start paying attention to us. I'm having to play Metal Gear Solid 5 THe Phantom Pain now with the old familiar black bars on each side. Sucks. Feels like the game isn't complete this way.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2017, 23:27 
I Donated
I Donated

So the issue with the UI being spanned to the side displays is still present. Playing that way can really strain my concentration. Anyone willing to try to fix it?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2017, 09:24 

ubisoft releasing patch 1.05 today included
[PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 17:40 

Fiddleford McGucket wrote:
I've read about people having Problems with SLI setups. Did you try using just one Graphics card?

Many thanks! Starnge all other AC games worked with my set up. I had to actually remove one of the graphics cards and run all 3 screens on just 1 card and it worked fine, well not quite smooth with settings on max, but playable anyway. Appreciate the feedback, I wouldn't have thought to do that!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2017, 00:16 

So i play that game on a trtipe screen setup. 5844* 1080 (bezel on).
First problem is that i have 2 side black bars.
Second one is that the aiming is shifted probably 40 pixels from the visible aiming cross.
I play the game in full screen with native settings (resolution etc...)
Though i can live with the side bars, the aiming is inaccurate and really annoying.
Any idea how to fix this ?