Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 21:57 

*Updated 12/12/2017*
Hello everyone!

Here is the latest version of my FOV & AR trainer!

Hotkeys:

F1 - Overwrites the in-game FOV with the Desired FOV
F2 - Multiplies the in-game FOV by the quotient of the In-Game FOV and the Desired FOV
F3 - Resets the in-game FOV "Default"

F4 - Overwrites the in-game Aspect Ratio with the Desired Aspect Ratio (It needs to be pressed twice if the trainer is run before launching RE7)

------Updated 12/12/2017
*Updated to work with Patch #4

------Updated 11/02/2017
*Fixed an issue where the Aspect Ratio hotkey would not lock the value. The value would revert back between scenes.

------Updated 10/31/2017

*Added Support for the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour
*The trainer now saves your settings to an .ini file and loads the settings when launched. ("TrainerSettings.ini")
*Fixed an error message that would pop up if the user tried to edit the FOV value while 'FOV with Zoom' was selected, with the game not running.

Comparison starts at 0:40 in the video below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the latest trainer download link: *Updated 12/12/2017*
Attachment:
File comment: FOV & AR Trainer for Patch #4
CivilWolf_RE7_Trainer121217.zip [4.11 MiB]
Downloaded 2186 times

ModDB: https://goo.gl/4bkUp6

*The trainer download might trigger Windows Defender but I assure you it is a false-positive*

If the file is deleted immediately by Windows Defender, you can:
    1. Go to your 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' and turn off 'Real-time protection'
    2. Download Trainer

Follow these next steps if you want to turn Windows Defender back on after you turned it off:
    3. In 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' open 'Add or remove exclusions'
    4. Create an exclusion for the trainer file.
    5. In 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' turn on 'Real-time protection'

Older Versions:
11/02/2017 trainer:
Attachment:
File comment: Fixed issue where the Aspect Ratio hotkey would not lock the address.
CivilWolf_RE7_Trainer110217.zip [4.06 MiB]
Downloaded 514 times

Old trainer download link: from 08/25/2017
https://goo.gl/Q7nZ8B

*!!!Only lock FOV during gameplay NOT in the menus!!!*

Last edited by CivilWolf on 13 Dec 2017, 02:56, edited 33 times in total.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 03:17 

I tried the one you published on August 20 and it had no effect whatsoever.
I am using this game with VorpX in order to run in VR, and the biggest (only) problem right now is forcing the FOV, for which this tool would come in useful.

I'll try again with your August 23 version and let you know if it does anything.

PS: Does it require DLC? Why a strange requirement like such? (Does one DLC expose control over the FOV?)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 04:06 

Tested with VorpX in VR... thank you for having updated this because now it works like an absolute delight!

I've tweaked the VorpX adjustments to work with the FOV on the F6 key if I'm not mistaken. One thing I'd appreciate is a way to tell what FOV we're setting to, like just writing it within the app's window like you once had done. I was hoping FOV lock would prevent aim down sights from shifting, but it doesn't... however it should come in handy for them cutscenes in VR, which originally felt like having your head shoved in a telephoto lens.

I was going to assume they'd have done this for performance reasons, but the increased FOV causes absolutely no problems.

Thanks for this awesome tool.

PS: 4:3 and 5:4 aspects would also definitely help for the VorpX VR users.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 01:52 

I've made a tutorial video for those wishing to use the FOV Trainer with VorpX, giving in-game settings that cooperate well with the F6/FOV10 (120 degree I believe) option.

CivilWolf if you're interested I included footage of an issue with the FOV lock, where for the purposes of VR, the "tug of war" between the game and the FOV lock causes a quick zoom in & out that is pretty stiff on the senses. 4:3 and 5:4 AR's would help, but I wonder if the black bars can be made to completely go away. At this point I just bow to the game's insistance on 16:9.

Thanks for updating this! It's going to make a whole lot of VR users happy!

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 18:28 

How to use this trainer with 21:9 AR? I hear sound when pressing SHIFT + numeric / while in the game, but nothing happens.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 17:59 
Editors
Editors

This is working great, thanks a lot CivilWolf. Hope you're ready for December when the last DLC hits and breaks the trainer again :lolno:
If I could just run it in silent mode, and not have to use screenie-grabbing F12 as FOV lock, that'd be ace.
Acekas wrote:
How to use this trainer with 21:9 AR?
Late reply but: you still need to hex-edit the exe first. Maybe the trainer should mention this btw...

Open re7.exe in hex editor, search for 398EE33F, replace with your AR i.e 8EE31840 for 3440x1440 or 26B41740 for 2560x1080.
This removes the black bars once and for all, then you can use the trainer to fix the AR in-game.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 03:28 

Hey folks,

It seems the Hex Edit for 3440x1440 in conjunction with the CE Trainer works, but only when the Re7 client is in borderless windowed mode. If you are running the game in full screen the trainer does not work. Anyone know if there is a way around this? as I loose about 20-30 fps in borderless windowed mode.

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 03:37 

in 21:9 at 3440x1440 FOV 8 seems to be the closest FOV setting to what is standard in the 16:9 default. Correct?

If I'm wrong, which FOV setting is closest to default 16:9?

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 10:16 
Editors
Editors

If I'm not mistaken... Default 16:9 FOV is actually 80, so it should be 96.86 in 43:18. The trainer's "FOV 5" being 95 should be pretty close to a pixel-perfect Hor+ screen change.
Should you consider the baseline for FOV to be 90, then it should be 106.69 in Ultrawide so somewhere between "FOV 7" (105) and "FOV 8" (110).

I have no problem using the trainer in fullscreen mode; it's the "quick" hex edit that has no effect on fullscreen. The "complete" hex edit might be what you need. Check out this post if you dare.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017, 07:03 

Hello everyone!

Here is the latest version of my FOV & AR trainer!

Hotkeys:

F1 - Overwrites the in-game FOV with the Desired FOV
F2 - Multiplies the in-game FOV by the quotient of the In-Game FOV and the Desired FOV
F3 - Resets the in-game FOV "Default"

F4 - Overwrites the in-game Aspect Ratio with the Desired Aspect Ratio (It needs to be pressed twice if the trainer is run before launching RE7)

------Updated 12/12/2017
*Updated to work with Patch #4

------Updated 11/02/2017
*Fixed an issue where the Aspect Ratio hotkey would not lock the value. The value would revert back between scenes.

------Updated 10/31/2017

*Added Support for the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour
*The trainer now saves your settings to an .ini file and loads the settings when launched. ("TrainerSettings.ini")
*Fixed an error message that would pop up if the user tried to edit the FOV value while 'FOV with Zoom' was selected, with the game not running.

Comparison starts at 0:40 in the video below.

**DOWNLOAD LINK**Updated: 12/12/2017
Attachment:
File comment: FOV & AR Trainer for Patch #4
CivilWolf_RE7_Trainer121217.zip [4.11 MiB]
Downloaded 314 times

ModDB: https://goo.gl/4bkUp6

*The trainer download might trigger Windows Defender but I assure you it is a false-positive*

If the file is deleted immediately by Windows Defender, you can:
    1. Go to your 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' and turn off 'Real-time protection'
    2. Download Trainer

Follow these next steps if you want to turn Windows Defender back on after you turned it off:
    3. In 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' open 'Add or remove exclusions'
    4. Create an exclusion for the trainer file.
    5. In 'Windows Defender Security Center->Virus & threat protection settings' turn on 'Real-time protection'

It is still a work in progress. Any feedback would be very helpful! :cheers:

Happy Halloween!

Sorry that it took so long, other projects got in the way. :cry:

Older Version:

11/02/2017:
Attachment:
File comment: Fixed Aspect Ratio hotkey issue.
CivilWolf_RE7_Trainer110217.zip [4.06 MiB]
Downloaded 319 times

Last edited by CivilWolf on 13 Dec 2017, 03:03, edited 12 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next