Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 09:56 

I gave up, this is beyond me. I look forward to getting Reys fix for 21:9 :D

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 10:06 

If you followed the instructions in the Fallout guide, you don't have to recompile. As long as your Interface folder exists within your data folder the game should pick it up. Just make sure you edit all the files you need to. It looks like crap, but at least you can see the bottom.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 12:36 

I made the same as Reytag and followed the instructions from here (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/149/?)

To everybody with 21:9 (e.g. 2560x1080) here are some temporary HUD fixes. Just unzip and drop the folder in your Skyrim Special Edition/Data folder and that's it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ufb ... DNRRU9yQmc

Fixing:
Inventory
Map
Magic
Skilltree
Talking
and probably some other things too

P.S.:
If anybody could tell me how to stretch the Bottombar that would be great

Occuring Visual Bugs:
Character Creation Menus -> have to press over the text to change menues
Skilltree: Perknames are wrongly translated
Enchantment menu: wrongly translated

P.P.S.:
Just use this mod and download the ultrawide version :onethumb:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/1970/?

Last edited by AlphaCortex on 01 Nov 2016, 21:01, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 13:23 

lachgame, did you get my PM reply, asking as its my first time using the forum and i did reply but find the message in my outbox instead of sent items which in email terms normally means message not set although I see no way of opening it and hitting send.

Anyway, I wrote:

Hi there, sorry, it was late last night, fell asleep.

As Ganabei mentions a few posts after yours, you do not need to recompile afterwards.
Just drop the modded swf files into the same folder structure withing the skyrim data directory and the game will read those and make them take precedence over the original ones from the bsa's.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 13:25 

AlphaCortex wrote:
I made the same as Reytag and followed the instructions from here (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/149/?)

To everybody with 2560x1080 here are some temporary HUD fixes. Just unzip and drop the folder in your Skyrim Special Edition/Data folder and that's it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ufb ... DNRRU9yQmc

Fixing:
Inventory
Map
Magic
Skilltree
Talking
and probably some other things too

P.S.:
If anybody could tell me how to stretch the Bottombar that would be great

Works perfectly for my 3440x1440 resolution, thank you and everyone who contributed ! :twothumb:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 13:56 

Nice Alpha, yeah, you beat me to posting the files, I did a lot less though, only what I could see was off, the map for example I found did not need altering (that I could see yet).

I'll just post back to my Steam post I started last night.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=790089792

I too would like to know how to alter the bar at the bottom, looking for any clues.

*Edit, I made a guide on Steam so I changed my url to that.

Last edited by Reytag on 30 Oct 2016, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 14:04 

Yeah, after i saw that some things were correct and some weren't I just modified most of the files.

Just as an example: The trainer menu isn't correct in his version 0.1a as he probably didn't see it yet.

And to me these corrections are all I need, there are some "bugs" still left e.g. the names in the skilltree for the perks are still wrongly translated and have to be corrected but even after searching a little bit I couldn't find the parameters for them and so these little things are bearable.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 14:08 

Ah, that's me by the way, Max over on Steam :)

Thanks for pointing that out, will fix it now!

Yup, just wanted to push out an early release so people could at least play, nothing worse than blindly trying to hit keys as you can't see them off the screen. And who wants to play in a 16:9 window on their nice new 21:9 monitor :)

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 14:22 

Ah okay then I want to thank you kindly for making me mod these files myself. I actually tried this Friday but the BAE version(and the alternate version) from the F4 Nexus didn't work for me so I gave up, but after seeing you manage that I searched a little bit and saw a version of BAE uploaded to the SSE Nexus today which worked :twothumb:

But still pretty shitty of Bethesda
:TrueWS:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2016, 14:47 

No problem, its a community effort :)

And yes, really dismayed and disappointed that Bethesda didn't support 21:9 on their own. If we can do a hack job in an hour or so why could they not task somebody as much time to make the hundreds if not thousands of 21:9 owners be able to play at their native resolution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next