Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 03:46 

Something else to consider is that due to the nature of soft-bans, it's pretty hard to know at an instant if you've been banned or not. Heck, I'd imagine some go their entire time with a game without realizing that they're being penalized.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 05:27 

The guide that Martin and Armin posted does not work for me, however I did realise there was an update, does this still work for everyone? Or did I manage to mess up?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 05:36 

Solkrieg, it worked for me. I'd check to make sure you're using the correct values.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 05:57 

ColdSun wrote:
Solkrieg, it worked for me. I'd check to make sure you're using the correct values.

Well, I did a refresh reboot and did everything I did before and now it works. Thanks for your help for making me go back and do it all again heh (was going to post pictures to make sure I did everything correctly because I've never hex-edited anything before).

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 06:21 

Martan wrote:
You can try this for 2560 x 1080:

1) HEX
Find this HEX string:
Code:

Change it to:
Code:
000A00003804

Ok, so I don't like stuffing around with more than i have to so i did this step and launched the game and 2560x1080p in borderless mode was now selectable. Chose that and restarted. 21:9 was working. Switched to fullscreen and 21:9 still works.

After repeated testing all you have to do is make the change above once ever and make sure you select window mode 2560x1080p borderless mode before closing the game so next time it launches in borderless mode 2560x1080p then just switch to full screen and done... Or you can just make the above change and set the games config file in app data to read only and not have to worry about exiting the game in bordered mode ever again.

Cheers for figuring this stuff out to everyone that contributed. Much more enjoyable game now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69aqkhk2peajc ... 9.bmp?dl=0

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 10:37 

mick50008, If you prefer to play in FULLSCREEN your best shot is to.

Find your GraphicsConfig.xml (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII)
Make it launch in WINDOW screenmode and also enter your prefered UWD resolution:
Code:
<config><ScreenMode>WINDOW</ScreenMode>
<Resolution-WindowScreenWidth>2560</Resolution-WindowScreenWidth>
<Resolution-WindowScreenHeight>1080</Resolution-WindowScreenHeight>
<Resolution-FullScreenWidth>2560</Resolution-FullScreenWidth>
<Resolution-FullScreenHeight>1080</Resolution-FullScreenHeight>

'Lock' the file using ReadOnly parameter.

Every time you launch the game just go to in-game settings and change to Fullscreen :)

All the credit goes to someone named prouha from Steam. He initially posted what should we look for ;) I just test it for 2560x1080 and posted here, later we find out that it works with this FULLSCREEN trick switch ;)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 10:51 
Insiders
Insiders

ColdSun wrote:
Helixfax, while I too have had 0 issues with widescreenfixer or flawless widescreen in the past, I've heard cases of DS2FIX resulting in quite a few people being put into the cheater-pool via softbans.

Now it could be that quite a few people were in fact cheating and decided to blame DS2Fix, I don't know. What I do know is FromSoftware never refuted the claim and did state that DS2fix was not an approved file.

The only issue with this current fix I can see is the fact that it requires editing the exe and therefore could easily be detected from a simple checksum. But hey, hopefully From Software isn't overly zealous.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/com ... important/

This is what I found about DS2 and soft-bans. Now, modifying your stats and such is considered a CHEAT and I can understand that. Not a big problem for me actually as I hate being invaded over and over again;)) For example last night when I was invaded by 3 guys in the same time around the Cathedral of the Deep;)
I also think that soft-bans are related to your character/save-file and not account-wise. (although people say is account based...)

In any case, as with all MODS, they are and never will be officially supported. But, I've never ever seen a company to ban you for mods that are handling only the renderer (post-processing, rendering details, etc).

It is debatable, but from what I saw so far, there isn't anything to worry about if you play CLEAN and Fair-Play;) Of course this is open for debate;)
I just wanted to share my experience with this:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 11:56 

I'm with Helifax, just play online and viva la vida loca

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 13:38 

I am little capable, someone who is able may publish a guide with pictures and links used program of how to make a video would be nice, thank you to all m i apologize for my lack of ability

or the already modified executable files

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 13:47 

stra1 wrote:
I am little capable, someone who is able may publish a guide with pictures and links used program of how to make a video would be nice, thank you to all m i apologize for my lack of ability

or the already modified executable files

What's your problem ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next