Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 04:05 
I Donated
I Donated

Is there an enterprising individual who can figure a way to remove the vignetting?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 05:46 

JustaPlacebo wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:
FFguigui wrote:
Don't work for me :( the game launch 1920*1080 and i Edit in 3440*1440

EDIT 2: Well, I had spaces in between every letter and < > / in the config file for some weird reason, that was the problem and I got it working. Thanks to the community for the fix!

Same issue here. Did you manually remove all the spaces? I'm not sure why the formatting is the way it is.

I too had this issue - but I opened it in Wordpad first - closed it and tried using notepad instead and had no spaces etc :}

Had to finally join to say thanks for the work with the hex edit folks - even with the black fog on the sides its soooo much better :}

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2016, 22:17 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Is there an enterprising individual who can figure a way to remove the vignetting?

Do you notice how the vignetting disappears for a moment when you quit the game or fast travel from a bonfire. It is rather annoying that there is no disable vignette menu option. This shows that the game can render without this.

At the start of Undead settlement you can see the vignetting is gone/much better and you can enjoy glorious triple screen as it is meant to be.

However in most other areas the black shadowing on 1/2 of the peripheral screens are terrible...

Anyone has any ideas to resolve this issue please?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 11:00 

Is there a way to push the HUD to the sides of the screen?

Edit: Not sure if that matters, but I'm on 2560x1080.

Attachments:
File comment: Kinda like this.
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 2765 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 15:06 

Vinny wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Do you notice how the vignetting disappears for a moment when you quit the game or fast travel from a bonfire. It is rather annoying that there is no disable vignette menu option. This shows that the game can render without this.

At the start of Undead settlement you can see the vignetting is gone/much better and you can enjoy glorious triple screen as it is meant to be.

However in most other areas the black shadowing on 1/2 of the peripheral screens are terrible...

As noted before, the Vignetting is some kind of "effect" they use in most of the game but its not there always.

I just made it to an area that doesnt have it AT ALL, and the game looks glorious, what a shame.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 15:09 

ccv123 wrote:
Is there a way to push the HUD to the sides of the screen?

Edit: Not sure if that matters, but I'm on 2560x1080.

I think this might be able to do it but im not sure:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =663922936

Need to set:
HUDResX
HudResY
HUDOffsetX
HUDOffsetY

Accordingly. I have not tried, not sure if it works...

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 15:41 

I already tried that fix from steam and it worked, but here is the issue:
I use Reshade / Sweetfx in all of my games to change their look and this fix requires me to overrite some of the files from Reshade.
And for me Reshade >> HUD Fix

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 16:13 
I Donated
I Donated

CY:G wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

As noted before, the Vignetting is some kind of "effect" they use in most of the game but its not there always.

I just made it to an area that doesnt have it AT ALL, and the game looks glorious, what a shame.

Yeah, it makes the game look like a 21:9 monitor as times, with cutting off almost 1/2 of my side screens like mentioned.

I'm not an expert on editing game files, but it was mentioned that the effect is probably being controlled by a shader. Maybe someone would have to find exactly how the game's shaders are managed, and then remove it from there?

Here's hoping. :nudgenudge:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:09 

I just tried the fix for 21:9/3440x1440 posted on page 12, launched the game, and everything worked perfectly. Such a simple solution, such heartening results. I am even more excited to continue to play this game now. Thanks to all those who put forth effort in finding a workaround! I really appreciate it. Now, on to more Souls...

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 05:04 

ccv123 wrote:
I already tried that fix from steam and it worked, but here is the issue:
I use Reshade / Sweetfx in all of my games to change their look and this fix requires me to overrite some of the files from Reshade.
And for me Reshade >> HUD Fix

That should be a non-issue. As with all my mods, you can chain multiple DLLs. Newer versions of Special K allow up to 16 custom DLLs.

Add this to dxgi.ini

Code:
[Import.ReShade64]
Architecture=x64
Filename=ReShade64.dll
Role=dxgi
When=Early

And rename ReShade's DLL to ReShade64.dll.

You could just as easily rename its DLL to d3d11.dll, but what's the fun in that? You don't get to edit any config files that way :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next