Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 23:02 

Whatsup guys!

Now this post is stickied I thought i'd update the OP.

This is a video I made to show you some useful tools for getting your games to work with 21:9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMiYtAWSmqY

I wanted to give back to the guys at WSGF. Due to some awesome members here, i've managed to enjoy some of my favorite games on a super glorious 3440x1440 21:9 resolution. This is a guide to help those get to grips with Flawless Widescreen, Widescreen fixer and some potential work arounds for some occasions (ie using the flawless widescreen fix for the walking dead telltale game for the game of thrones telltale game).

The fixes presented here have worked on every game i've tried except for some Valve competitive titles like CS:go and especially Dota 2.

Hope you guys enjoy! Any feedback or improvements for a Version 2 of the video would be mroe than welcome!

It's intended for those who either currently have an u/w or are curious as to getting and one and wondering what it takes to get games to work properly.

Also the vid is in a widescreen aspect ratio so for those of you with widescreen monitors, full screen and enjoy

Have a chipper day WSGF

Last edited by nanda_panda_tech on 22 Feb 2016, 02:09, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 00:36 

When I click the link it says 404 Not Found.....

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 01:09 

I believe this is the correct video. Good beginner's guide to Ultrawide tinkering.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 11:22 

Amoveo wrote:
I believe this is the correct video. Good beginner's guide to Ultrawide tinkering.

Thanks Amoveo! I must have accidentally posted up the link as the video was processing. I've updated the OP with the correct link :)

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 08:46 

Thanks it was very informative!

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 00:45 

If you want to find out if you could setup your favorite game I can recommend this channel on YT (not mine):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfsK3 ... glWl9LTAYA
https://www.reddit.com/r/WideAsFcuk

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 16:48 

Anyone know how to get 6400x1080p working? I can get the game to stretch on all three but the game only works on my middle monitor at 21:9

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 09:49 

Hi,

Thanks for the video it's great. Unfortunately it didn't tackle my issue.

HELP!

I've just bought a Samsung C34J791 ultrawide curved monitor. The picture is great for movies and general PC work/browsing etc. But so far in the three games I've tried (Battlefield 3, 4 and Rainbow Six Siege) there is huge edge distortion at the left and right edges. It's so bad that an object at the edges of the screen appear more than twice as wide at the edge than they do at the centre of the screen.

I've watched 21:9 videos of game play on line. Most of the videos show no edge distortion and instead clearly show that using a 21:9 monitor the players have gained better peripheral view. Whereas my monitor is clearly displaying 16:9 and stretching the edges.

No amount of messing with the fov settings have been able to make it any better.

Using Flawless Widescreen hasn't made it any better either.

I'm worried it's an issue with curved screens? Like the programmers think that that is how a flat image should be mapped onto a curved screen? yet that means they've forgotten the fact that objects dont appear twice as big out of the corners of our eyes!

I'm currently using a GTX 680 with the HDMI cable that came with the monitor.
In the next couple of days I'll be upgrading to a GTX980 and I'll use a display port cable. This might solve the issue but perhaps not likely seeing as the distortion is in game only.