Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 21:9
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 07:55 

latexyankee wrote:
Best we can do is hope HaYden releases a plugin for flawless widescreen but at this rate I don't really see it happening.

For those who don't know, HaYden already created plugin for Flawless Widesreen. Big thanks to him.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 02:55 

Ok so I'm new to ultrawide gaming and got fallout 4 for christmas, but I'm having serious issues with it. I've tried [the Daisuke fix][/http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/274/?] and flawless widescreen to no avail. Widescreen fix doesn't seem to do anything, and flawless widescreen completely removes all text on screen. I have tried the widescreen fix both manually installed and with NMM. I tried flawless widescreen as the widescreen fix said to have it set. The only fix that actually helped was [Bilago's launcher thing][/http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?]. However, even that gives me issues with framerate. Enabling V-sync drops it to half my monitor's refresh rate (at the '1' setting, '2' drops it even farther), and I can't seem to limit it even in AMD's radeon settings. I don't want to leave it unlimited since the engine is tied to the framerate.

What else can I do?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 05:13 

The only thing you should do is set your resolution in Fallout4Prefs.ini which is located in your documents folder and where the game is installed.

Under [Display]
iSize H=xxxx
iSize W=xxxx

If you're running 3440x1440 then also set bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1 to 0 if you have lighting problems.

If you have a freesync/gsync monitor then iPresentInterval to 0 in both Fallout4Prefs.ini and Fallout4.ini and set the files to read only and cap fps to 60 in drivers. Make sure vsync is turned off.

If you don't and the games default vsync is capping your framerate too low for some reason then set iPresentInterval to 0 and force vsync in drivers.

If you mess with anything else in those .ini files flawlesswidescreen may not work properly.

Last edited by Ci7rus on 08 Jan 2016, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 14:21 

Hey everyone i got some problems as the others in here. I have the LG UM29 21:9 Display before i upgraded my GPU from 750 to 970 the 2560:1080 works just fine, nothing was stretched, after the GPU Upgrade all of the UI began to stretch.
I tried nearly every Fix but non of them worked for me.
Yesterday i saw that there is a Plugin for Flawless Widescreen. I enabled it but nothing changed.
Could anybody confirm that this Fix is working or explain to me how i can use Flawless Widescreen correct.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016, 05:00 

I just picked a Dell U3415W during the recent newegg sale and am having the same issues getting the game to work as the previous 2 posters. I've tried a clean install with nothing more than the exact instructions in the nexusmods widescreen fix including flawless widescreen and no luck. With flawless widescreen running I cannot get any text to display in the UI and without it things are stretched/look terrible. I tried just about every combination of anything I could find for the last 5 hours to no avail :(

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016, 05:54 

This is not a complicated process.

Check your gpu and monitor scaling settings, they should be set to off, 1:1, centered, or to preserve aspect ratio. In other words, don't pick any option that'll stretch the image to 21:9.

Did you properly set your resolution in FalloutPrefs.ini? Did you do it in both your documents folder and where the game is installed?

Is the Fallout 4 plugin loaded properly in FWS? It should look like this:

Spoiler:

Did you check FWS settings to make sure the hotkey to enable/disable isn't something you're accidently hitting in game?

Uninstall all UI mods from Nexus. Widescreen fixes does not play nice with other UI mods, and in its current state I wouldn't recommend using it anyways because everything ends up having different resolutions.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016, 13:53 

I changed the scaling from fullscreen, that was set, to off, checked the ini´s if the right resolution is set and checked that the Plugin is enabled but it changed nothing.
The compass is missing a bar on the left and right, the Power Armor Hud ist compressed. So i think i´ll just wait until the Plugin is no longer in beta to use ist properly or until Bethesda release a Patch with UltraWide support, but i dont think so :D

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016, 21:43 

What do you mean by the compass is missing a bar on the left and right?

Are you talking about your health and ammo? If your health is at 100% then it isn't shown, and if you don't have a weapon drawn then you don't see your ammo count. If that's not it then post a screenshot pls.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2016, 00:24 

We fixed the Power Armor Rainbox display issue...yay! :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7987

Please spread the word as it won't be a much endorsed mod, so the people that need this may not see it.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2016, 08:17 

Ci7rus wrote:
This is not a complicated process.

Check your gpu and monitor scaling settings, they should be set to off, 1:1, centered, or to preserve aspect ratio. In other words, don't pick any option that'll stretch the image to 21:9.

Did you properly set your resolution in FalloutPrefs.ini? Did you do it in both your documents folder and where the game is installed?

Is the Fallout 4 plugin loaded properly in FWS? It should look like this:

Spoiler:

Did you check FWS settings to make sure the hotkey to enable/disable isn't something you're accidently hitting in game?

Uninstall all UI mods from Nexus. Widescreen fixes does not play nice with other UI mods, and in its current state I wouldn't recommend using it anyways because everything ends up having different resolutions.

Indeed, not complicated on that front at all. I did stumble on the source of my problem today and it appears to stem from inaccurate display detection:

Spoiler:

I was able to get my UI to display once again by setting my display parameters manually.

Default display detection:
Spoiler:

Manually set:
Spoiler:

Is this normal or is there something I am doing wrong causing the detection failure? I am running the program with admin rights and have the latest amd crimson drivers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next