Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 21:30 

Phoeny wrote:
I have updated it with your values and the Vertical is better now.

but they both shift outward now. When you Mark somthing and move your camera to the left the Marker goes faster to the right than the thing you marked.

i guess i have to fiddle a bit around with it

any vid scrineshot ?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 21:48 

It works now ... when i am using 29 and 12 the marker stays where it should be .

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 21:57 

Yeah, remember that these values are bounds.
You could set them to 63 & 9 (3 * 21/9). it would work.
Your CT is shared to any one that needs it.
Now next time an update is out please share it here.
And if you feel to go further more in ui size i can explain what to look for, for other players.

Remember that we have no idea what valve anti cheat is operating on this title. You may be banned for this memory hack.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 22:24 

About the UI size, if you want to explain what to change and how to find it i think everyone would apprechiate that. I would try to apply those changes aswell.

As far as i understood it i only have to update the memory address in line 91, right? but how to find it?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 23:23 

Well, take a seat and prepare for the funniest part :D

Start your game,load your savegame and then alt+tab to W desktop.
Start Cheat engine.

Look for array of bytes F3 0f 10 8a.
you will probably find several values (28 for me in latest MGS single player).
these bytes are for opcode movss xmm1,[rdx+offset]
The 4 following bytes are for the offset exactly.
Rdx is a cpu register.Offset is the offset applied to that register.

Now go to Edit/settings/debugger options and ensure that "use VEHdebugger" is checked. Otherwise the following operations will terminate the mgo process and obviously the game.

For the first address you have found, right click and choose disassemble this memory region.
Now, to that following opcode line selected hit F5. this will set a breakpoint in game and pause it if the markers functions are called.
CE will ask you to attach debugger to process. Answer yes.
Keep in mind that it will slow down a litlle your CPU as resources are necessary.
Now try to alt+tab back to game. If you can't get back in it, that probably means the markers function has been called and though your game has been halted.

If so, you should see in that memory disassemble a registers state (right part).
Look at rdx value.
Look also at opcode offset
Now open Windows calculator in programmer mode.
Type in the rdx value and add the offset (respect hexadecimal values).
That will give you the adress where the ui size is probably stored.

In the lower part of the window right click and choose "go to adress".
Type in the adress calculated. Now right click again that part of window and "Display type/float".
If you see the value 64, you're probably good.
Try to change that value by double clicking it.
Set it to 86 (for your aspect ratio).

Now, in the upper part of window, remove the break point by selecting the opcode "movss xmm1,...." and by hitting F5 again.
The line color should be back to normal. Hit F9 to resume the game and alt+Tab back to it if necessary.

Looking at markers, if you have found the right position, you should be able to see the difference.

Now remind the value stored previously in rdx register.
Let's say it is 07 30 86 10 and reverse them so that it gives 10 86 30 07.

In the main Cheat engine window, start a new array of bytes search with these bytes reversed.
You should see many results with one particullary that is stored in MGO process adress. That one is easy to notice as it is the only one that should be written in green.

Again, disassemble that memory region and in the sub window check (if not done yet) the "View/Show module adresses".
Now that adress will be the one used to our pointer.

Now, back to main CE window, click the "add adress manually" (middle of window).
In the new popup window check pointer.
Select Type float.
In the offset just below type in whatever the previous offset you found.
Below type in "mgsvmgo.exe+address value previously found" without the quotes.
If you did the previous steps right, you should see in that popup window the UI size value that you've just modified.
Click Ok and then save your cheat table.

It's long and technical and to be honest with you, 2 weeks ago i had now idea how to do that.
But i have to admit i'm a programmer myself though i never program opcodes.
After trying hard i made it.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 23:40 

Thanks ... i ll try that tomorow and report back

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 01:53 

HI I HAVE A 3440X 1440 MONITOR AND SINCE THE NEW PATCH I HAVE BEEN CLUELESS IN REGARDS TO WHAT TO DO. I HAD BEEN USING THE ORIGINAL METHOD ALL THE WAY THROUGH BY JACKFUSTE. ALL I WANT FIXED ARE THE MARKERS FOR SINGLE PLAYER. ANY IDEAS OR HELP/DIRECTION ON GETTING THIS FIXED. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FOLLOW PHEONY AND K4SH, BUT ITS A TAD TECHNICICAL. i KNOW IM A NOOB!! PLEASE HELP SOME1 I CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 10:18 

1. You should turn off caps.
2. i have updated the cheattable for mgo to fix markers a few posts back and k4sh provided the table for mgstpp. You just need to download it. If you have no idea how to do that wait, i will post a steo by step guide in the evening.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 15:04 

thank you so much which post was it?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 15:54 

ok so now I have tried to follow your old posts I am able to fix wind sonar and markers size but for the markers positions they still move around. What on earth am i doing wrong please help much aprreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 87  Next