Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 08:23 

Just wanted to say thanks for K4sh/ jackfauste and erkboi? and anyone else for their input that has allowed myself and many others to enjoy this game in ultrawide screen.
I no longer have to play with that constant voice in my head reminding me of the black bars (im on 3440x1440).

You guys are the best and I'll be coming back to WSGF for future games !

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 10:35 

jafanz wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for K4sh/ jackfauste and erkboi? and anyone else for their input that has allowed myself and many others to enjoy this game in ultrawide screen.
I no longer have to play with that constant voice in my head reminding me of the black bars (im on 3440x1440).

You guys are the best and I'll be coming back to WSGF for future games !

Hey Jafanz, do you mean that my latest Cheat table works with latest MGSV update ?
I mean, i cannot test it anymore as i have finished that game a while ago and it's uninstalled.
If so, that's great to see that game's markers routines haven't changed at all.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 21:55 

hey k4sh, as you had mentioned in many posts previously, i just followed erkbois pg 7 tutorial and used your cheat table from pg 70 i think.
I'm assuming the current version is 1.09 and yep, the marker fix works like a charm. I haven't bothered to play with the fov and other things as I still believe in playing the game the way the developers wanted us to (aside from the horrible decision not to support 21:9)

i've only really just started playing the game so i'll keep u guys updated if any future patches render the fixes obsolete.

and haha, didn't u mention that your cheat table was future proof anyway? ;)

edit: for others that might have read this, please bare in mind that i haven't touched MGO and haven't implemented any fixes to test it out. im purely just concentrating on the SP mode

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 22:19 

Well, as i said previously, the cheat table should be futur proof, but no one knows if the game developers are willing one day to rewrite the markers routines.
In that case i leave the following development to any brave one of you.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 21:06 

jafanz wrote:
hey k4sh, as you had mentioned in many posts previously, i just followed erkbois pg 7 tutorial and used your cheat table from pg 70 i think.
I'm assuming the current version is 1.09 and yep, the marker fix works like a charm. I haven't bothered to play with the fov and other things as I still believe in playing the game the way the developers wanted us to (aside from the horrible decision not to support 21:9)

i've only really just started playing the game so i'll keep u guys updated if any future patches render the fixes obsolete.

and haha, didn't u mention that your cheat table was future proof anyway? ;)

edit: for others that might have read this, please bare in mind that i haven't touched MGO and haven't implemented any fixes to test it out. im purely just concentrating on the SP mode

PLEASE HELP!!! I STARTED PLAYING THE GAME AFTER A LONG TIME AND NOW WITH THE NEW UPDATE THE GAME HAS REVERTED BACK TO BLACK BARS ETC. NOW I HAVE USED YOUR GUIDE AND GOT IT TO RETURN BACK TO 21:9 SO I AM NOT A NOOB. HOWEVER THE CHEAT TABLE WHICH YOU SAY WORKS, I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH HOW TO USE THIS PARTICULAR ONE. NORMALLY I JUST CLICK ON THE VALUE AFTER PICKING THE EXE FILE AND SIMPLY CHANGE THE VALUES LETTERS ACCORDINGLY. HOWEVER THIS TIME A ANOTHER POP UP WITH LETTERS AND CODES COME UP. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO GET THE FOV AND MARKERS TO FIX FOR SINGLE PLAYER PLEASE? ANYONE???

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 14:16 

K4sh wrote:
Well, as i said previously, the cheat table should be future proof, but no one knows if the game developers are willing one day to rewrite the markers routines.
In that case i leave the following development to any brave one of you.

The cheat table doesn't work for me, please help.I click on fov and that works fine! however how do i get the markers fix to work. I dont know what to enter onto the script. I have a 21:9 3440 1440p monitor. please help I still haven't finished single player! please a simple instruction on what to do. as I said i simple load the script click on markers fix and it doesnt cross to tell me it is enabled. Also the game has been updates to 0.10 version if that helps. I would greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2016, 00:02 

are you using k4sh's cheat table? I've got the same specced monitor as you (Acer Predator x34) and I'm also on the same game version 1.10 as well.

from what i've gathered you've already patched the exe to force the 21:9 aspect ratio.
after loading up the game, i open up Cheat Engine (ver. 6.5.1) 64bit then I just open the cheat table that k4sh posted up on page 70.

although when i do load up the cheat table some kind of script error does come up but i just close the notification box and just proceed to tick the marker fix and fov fix too

K4sh wrote:
Here is a brand new cheat table that should work with MGS SP with:
- No need to calculate anything (markers fix only).
- Possibility to set custom UI size.
- Possibility to adjust X and Y aspect ratio auto calculated.
- Futur updates (hope so).
- Better efficency.

mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.a.zip

You need to download and install Cheat Engine.
Once the game and save are loaded alt+tab back to windows desktop and open the cheat table in Cheat Engine.
Click the computer icon and select the Metal Gear process.

After this, all you have to do is to check the markers fix script.
If you want to customise the UI size, double click the "New UI Size" value.
If you want to customise the fov, check the box and double click the FOV value that will be available after.
If you want to adjust X and Y aspect ratio calculated, double click the respective values.
If you want to undo all the fixes, simply uncheck the relatives checkboxes.

If you change, for some reason, the resolution, uncheck the markers fix box and check it again to have the game fixed again.

Note :
The calculation have been outsourced to the original function so that it will be as less as possible CPU hungry.
The fix should be more efficient.

Prior to use this cheat table you need to patch your game exe file following erkboi excellent tutorial given in page 7 of this thread.
This cheat table may also work with MGO. You have first to edit the scripts and change "mgsvtpp.exe" (without double quotes) everywhere with "mgsvmgo.exe".

Credits goes to Jackfuste for original fixes.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 04:33 

Also having issues getting the markers to work. I followed this guide as it is really recent,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6d8AOXmKg

Followed to the letter but no luck. Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 23:25 

mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.a.zip works fine for me (5760x1080)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 01:45 

ChoGGi wrote:
mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.a.zip works fine for me (5760x1080)

Hmmm, that's the one I'm using. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 87  Next