Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 87  Next
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 10:44 

signed up here solely to register my vote for a flawless fix! heres hoping they get something out for this game given its surely gunna be one of this years most played.

also i registered with konami support and placed a ticket to se if they will provide patch support (given its been implemented via modding it really cant be that hard for developers hey?)

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 21:19 

jackfuste wrote:
karloy wrote:
What is the value for 5985 x 1080? Happy to hex-edit it.

• Calculate your aspect ratio
    For example:
    5985/1080 = 5.541666666666667
  • Convert it to hex value here - http://babbage.cs.qc.cuny.edu/IEEE-754/
    You get - 40 B1 55 55
    Now write bytes from right to left, so it will be 55 55 B1 40
  • Open mgsvtpp.exe in HEX-editor
  • Find value 39 8E E3 3F and change it to 55 55 B1 40
  • Save file
  • Play

This is the best way to fix your version of the game in my opinion. I was using the reconfigured .exe for a while and was loving it. When steam updates the game the .exe can (in my case did) become unusable. I have tried to download what I thought were updates without any luck. The directions from Jackfuste if followed closely is exactly what you need, I would also assume the steps could be followed for other games with the same issue. THANKS JACKFUSTE I created this account just to say that!

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 22:39 

jackfuste wrote:
Update for v. 1.0.4.0

For 4:3 (800x600, 1024x768 etc.)
mgsvtpp.7z

For 5:4 (1280x1024)
mgsvtpp.7z

No idea what happened before, but the latest ones work flawlessly again!
Thank you so much for repeatedly taking the time to update and share with everyone ^______^

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 00:58 

so im new to WSGF and am attempting to get these fixes to work.

ive downloaded the 3 files posted as the latest fixes but im not quite sure how to get the marker fix/fov fix to work. am i editing the .exe file for these as well or what specifically.

im amazed at how detailed all this is and how the community has fixed this problem so well (youd wonder why the devs couldnt do it hey?)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 13:59 

How do you save the changes to CE after you make them?
I save but everytime I load the CT again the values are restored to stock.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 21:19 

Hello,

I've been using this fix for the past month with no issues but as of today October 8th, 2015 whenever I try and start the game in 21:9 it hangs on the first screen and doesn't move.

All is see is the few dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I've tried replacing the file with the same error. The only fix was to validate all files in Steam at which point 1 is found to not validate and fixed. I'm assuming it's this file because the game will run after that but not in 21:9

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Vandleheart

*EDIT*

I downloaded the correct patch version from 1.04 and it's working fine.

thanks for all the support.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 10:12 

callumbolch wrote:
signed up here solely to register my vote for a flawless fix! heres hoping they get something out for this game given its surely gunna be one of this years most played.

also i registered with konami support and placed a ticket to se if they will provide patch support (given its been implemented via modding it really cant be that hard for developers hey?)

Is the ticket private or can it be up voted by other users? Do you know if there is an official place / forum where we could all complain about the lack of ultra wide support ???

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 07:37 

Francesco wrote:
callumbolch wrote:

Is the ticket private or can it be up voted by other users? Do you know if there is an official place / forum where we could all complain about the lack of ultra wide support ???

Ditto on that info request. I'm down to constructively complain about it. I don't know why nVidia would put their "Way It's Meant To Be Played" seal on a game that doesn't recognize Surround resolutions.

Also, does anyone think we're at risk for being labeled as cheaters for using these fixes? I saw them put out a notice the other day at startup saying they'd be cracking down on the cheaters, got me thinking...

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 16:13 

Bani wrote:
Francesco wrote:
callumbolch wrote:

Ditto on that info request. I'm down to constructively complain about it. I don't know why nVidia would put their "Way It's Meant To Be Played" seal on a game that doesn't recognize Surround resolutions.

Also, does anyone think we're at risk for being labeled as cheaters for using these fixes? I saw them put out a notice the other day at startup saying they'd be cracking down on the cheaters, got me thinking...

I seen that notification as well. We could all get screwed up out of nowhere if our modded .exe files and in-game tools are recognized as cheats. I just want to enjoy the damn game on my setup. There's no going back once you've played in triple screen.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 17:43 
Insiders
Insiders

They provide and email address in that notice. Fire off an email and ask.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 87  Next