Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 09:27 

I just loaded up Dying Light to test run and great news on the Ultrawide screen front. It has proper 21:9 resolution support and all menus adjust accordingly. The only issue is the game has some pre-render movies it plays at the beginning and those are in 16:9 per usual. Here are some screen shots including a screenshot of the FOV slider option. I will report back if I find anything out the ordinary but so far so good.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 09:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Cool, I can play on my rig it keeps crashing I wonder what my issue is :( ?

The logo load up then it crashes with a small windows pop up box what the hell?

Verified cache it was corrupt so I am re downloading those bad files looks like that may have been it.

[UPDATE] it was the file cache everything is fine, man this game has 100% perfect multi screen support!!!!! :rockout:

AMAZING! 5760x1080 is perfect in every way I am so happy :)

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 18:43 

I am honestly shocked that this has no major issues with 21:9 aside from the cinematics. I pre-ordered this and wondered the whole time if it was going to be a mess upon release for multi-mon and widescreen displays. It is quite a wonderful surprise that is works with relatively little in the way of issues. I'm going to be enjoying the crap out of this game.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 02:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Ryukan wrote:
I am honestly shocked that this has no major issues with 21:9 aside from the cinematics. I pre-ordered this and wondered the whole time if it was going to be a mess upon release for multi-mon and widescreen displays. It is quite a wonderful surprise that is works with relatively little in the way of issues. I'm going to be enjoying the crap out of this game.

Crazy hey, there is still hope, this is a very good start I hope others follow.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2015, 03:25 

It's a first title on the newest chrome engine six right?
Pretty nice, but hungry for memory. The game utilizes all 8Gb on R9 295x2 with 5760x1080 and "view distance" set only on half (antialiasing off, motion blur off)
Anyway how much I hate all those new-fashioned zombie apocalypse games, but this one is really different and keeps me in game with its fresh idea (at least for me) of parkour over zombies which also has been nicely realized in open world environment.
But what's really outstanding is co-op mode with two mates over the in-game night!
It's fawkin awesome!
:shock: :o

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2015, 02:25 

Thanks for those snaps! I am using my trusty old U2711 but am however awaiting the arrival of Dell U3415W. I just hope my 780 SC can run this beast if not I might have to look at alternatives. I enjoy the game. Spent about 2 hours so far.