Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 17:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Forgot to mention but:

I've developed a Fix for Cinematic Modes for Surround.
Instead of Forcing the cinematics to render on the center screen with huge black bars (side monitors), now you can view them on 3 Screens:)
The fix is part of Flawless Widescreen (if you didn't notice it already;)) ^_^ ).

Should work for 21:9 as well.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2014, 08:04 

helifax wrote:
Forgot to mention but:

I've developed a Fix for Cinematic Modes for Surround.
Instead of Forcing the cinematics to render on the center screen with huge black bars (side monitors), now you can view them on 3 Screens:)
The fix is part of Flawless Widescreen (if you didn't notice it already;)) ^_^ ).

Should work for 21:9 as well.

I did notice the 3 screen cinematic sequences and I gotta tell you that is awesome, there is nothing that brings you out of the game faster than when the cinematic's drop to one screen. Many many thanks :twothumb:

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 00:17 

First time poster here. Just bought an LG 34um95 and LOVE it. I too share the same problem that many have at 21:9 aspect ratio with the behavior screen. I've found a post on the EA technical forum where a few others share our problem. If we can get more visibility on the issue, maybe they'll up the priority in fixing it?

Here's the link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inq ... -p/4016261

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 03:35 
Founder
Founder

I've just played the game long enough to get initial screen shots. How big of an issue is the behavior screen on 21:9?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 05:50 

Changing AI behaviors has a huge effect to party viability, especially in harder difficulties. AI controlled characters cast different spells based off of percentage of resources, use items based of percentage of resource, and have different targetting behaviors. The ability to change them allows players to organize their party as best as possible. In 21:9 resolutions, players can't see the percentage amount unless they change resolutions.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 16:18 
Founder
Founder

defac wrote:
Changing AI behaviors has a huge effect to party viability, especially in harder difficulties. AI controlled characters cast different spells based off of percentage of resources, use items based of percentage of resource, and have different targetting behaviors. The ability to change them allows players to organize their party as best as possible. In 21:9 resolutions, players can't see the percentage amount unless they change resolutions.

Thanks for that response. Was this fixed with Flawless?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015, 08:04 

No, unfortunately not unless I'm using the software incorrectly. I applied the fix and ran the game and encountered the same issue.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 17:17 

Hi guys,

I'm new with the surround configuration and I have a few questions about the game while running it in 5760 x 1080 (3x 24'' monitors) please :

- When I try to run the game with everything maxed (Texture at "Fade touched"), the game opens in a window on my left screen. I figured out that if I choose "Ultra" instead of "Fade touched" then the game opens correctly in surround style. For the detail, I use Flawless Widescreen.
Now you might say that this is because my PC is not powerful enough, but here are its specs :

Core i7 4790k
SLI GTX 970 Gaming 4go
Kingston DDR3 2x8 go

So correct me if I'm wrong but that should be at least enough to open the game on my 3 monitors right? :D

- My second question : do you guys have some problems with flickering textures in-game, especially right after a cinematic? I read that the game had this issue a few months ago but since I have the latest Nvidia drivers available I thought that the problem was solved...

- Now my last question is more general but concerns the game as well : when playing the game, the image on my two side monitors is... stretched, as if I was looking through a fish eye lens. This is very annoying since for example when an NPC or an object is near the exterior border of one of my peripheral screens, it appears ZOOMED .
Actually I have this problem in every game I launch in surround...I tried different FOV in different games but the problem remains so maybe this is normal, I don't know... :|

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 16:00 

rogerb77 wrote:
Im not running 3D or 4K im at 5760 x 1080 which is a big reason my frames are higher, Im running my settings on a mix of high and Ultra, Multi sample AA is "off" and both Post Pprocessing are on high and Ultra, It's the Geforce Experience "optimal" settings all except for the resolution which they want at 3840 x 720.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... 7d870d.jpg
My system is SLI yes :) I just copied the specs from my sig in another forum for you, It's not the fastest but It keeps me happy. LOL

My monitors are 3 Asus 27" VN279, they are 1920 x 1080 , As you can see I am an Over clocker also, mostly just the CPU though with some mild clocks on the GPU's, I don't play with voltages much on the GPU's.

Intel I5-3570 @4.6 GHZ
ASrock Z77 OC Formula
16GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600 DDR 3
(2) Gigabyte G1-Gaming GTX 970 4GB SLI
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
(2) WD 1TB Caviar Black 7200 64mg cache
Nvidia Surround triple monitor setup
Pioneer Internal BD Writer (BDR-207DBK)
Corsair Hydro H100i AIO CPU cooler
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU
Corsair 650D Mid Tower

How did you get the HUD to be centered? Are you using (or did use) Flawless Widescreen? If so can u post your display detection override coordinates? Or take a screenshot and post it here? I can get the game to span all my displays, and cut scenes span as well, but the HUD is NOT centered...

Attachment:
File comment: Gameplay rendering
ScreenshotWin32_0066_Final.jpg
ScreenshotWin32_0066_Final.jpg [ 1018.55 KiB | Viewed 3372 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Cut scene spanning all 3 displays with FWS injection...
ScreenshotWin32_0063_Final.jpg
ScreenshotWin32_0063_Final.jpg [ 813.34 KiB | Viewed 3355 times ]

16G DDR3 RAM, Dual GTX 980s, Intel 6-Core 990X CPU @3.75 Ghz (OC), Sony 43 inch 4KTV (center display in Landscape mode) two 1280p 24" monitors (attached to center display in Portrait mode), Windows 7 64-Bit on 2TB Western Digital Black HD, Windows 10 64-Bit on WD 1.5TB Green. PDP Stealth Xbox ONE Wired Controller for decreased latency.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 03:28 
Insiders
Insiders

You need to be sure the game is running in fullscreen now window or borderless mode;)
The fix is only for the Cinematics Aspect Ratio;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next