Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 02:24 

If any of you are experiencing crashes after the first demon on triple screen what worked for me was disabling ambient occlusion I am not sure why but after that not a single crash.

Hope it helps

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 03:11 

Space Cadet wrote:
Dragging a windowed version doesn't help
Can't seem to get the image to show here.

https://flic.kr/p/pWc2FT

Hey Cadet
sorry i took so long
the image of your setup looks fine, my HUD is the same, it is off to one side or another.
I just deal with it and am happy. do you have a crosshair that is not centered? Oh right, DAI doesnt have a crosshair. No i think your display is quite good looking. I prefer windowed mode to avoid stretching cut scenes. here is a shot of my HUD, compare and lemme know what you think. :)
Oh, btw you have to right click on an image you posted somewhere on the internet, copy image url, then paste in btw the brackets here after clicking on Img and the image will be in your post...
Magnificent resolution of yours!
-thomas

here is the link too: http://www.wsgf.org/gallery/3648-x-1152 ... creenshots

16G DDR3 RAM, Dual GTX 980s, Intel 6-Core 990X CPU @3.75 Ghz (OC), Sony 43 inch 4KTV (center display in Landscape mode) two 1280p 24" monitors (attached to center display in Portrait mode), Windows 7 64-Bit on 2TB Western Digital Black HD, Windows 10 64-Bit on WD 1.5TB Green. PDP Stealth Xbox ONE Wired Controller for decreased latency.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2014, 02:04 

Thanks Thomas, but for most games I've played in the past this HUD centering issue gets resolved to make it more playable. Sigh. Just have to wait for a patch I guess. Love the game!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 10:16 

I like this game so much i am getting a new graphics card to support the multi-monitor resolution! My old faithful GTX 660 ti AMP stalls out at 15-21 fps and as low as 6 in a boss fight.
Apparently the only card that can really handle this game in 4K or multi-monitor at 60+ fps with all settings on Ultra is the GE-Force GTX 980 series. See this article, kinda interesting...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/11/dragon ... rformance/

Yeah i wish Bioware would make a patch for us WS gamers, even if Soft TH or another WS App team created a .dll fix i dont think i could use it unless it was 100% made for and compatible with DX-11. I mean, we have Direct-X 12 on the way!
I wish i knew how to mod or create the .dll fixes needed. :oops:
Happy gaming!

16G DDR3 RAM, Dual GTX 980s, Intel 6-Core 990X CPU @3.75 Ghz (OC), Sony 43 inch 4KTV (center display in Landscape mode) two 1280p 24" monitors (attached to center display in Portrait mode), Windows 7 64-Bit on 2TB Western Digital Black HD, Windows 10 64-Bit on WD 1.5TB Green. PDP Stealth Xbox ONE Wired Controller for decreased latency.

Last edited by Gungoose360 on 23 Dec 2014, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 17:38 

For the love of god someone fix the behaviors screen! The game is almost unplayable without being able to change the settings on this screen on 21:9 displays!:(

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2014, 19:00 

I had quite a few issues with the game, but finally got it to work. Sadly, I am unable to play it across three monitors. :( I hate the feeling of blinkers, but I can't get the game to run stable with surround vision on. I thought it was windows 8.1 as I just upgraded it. The whole game would freeze in-game or right after loading a save file. It would load, but all I could see is a black screen with sound. Then the sound cuts out and nothing. Alt-Tab froze the whole computer. But after hours of testing, I finally found the solution, running the game on one monitor. Does anyone have a solution for this?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 01:19 

LOWao wrote:
I had quite a few issues with the game, but finally got it to work. Sadly, I am unable to play it across three monitors. :( I hate the feeling of blinkers, but I can't get the game to run stable with surround vision on. I thought it was windows 8.1 as I just upgraded it. The whole game would freeze in-game or right after loading a save file. It would load, but all I could see is a black screen with sound. Then the sound cuts out and nothing. Alt-Tab froze the whole computer. But after hours of testing, I finally found the solution, running the game on one monitor. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Maybe download flawless widescreen, the gurus at HelixMod just finished version 3 of a 3D fix and also created a FWS profile for the game, decent support for multi monitors too. see info here:
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/12/dr ... 11-3d.html

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2014, 17:12 

LOWao wrote:

I was having issues as well on Nvidia surround and Windows 8.1, I was able to get it to run but then It would not update via Origin and my other games would so I was left unable to play due to being unable to update the game. Grrrr So I got to thinking there was one other game that I was having issue's with after a recent install. That was Battlefield 4. The only 2 games I could not get to run stable and both using the Frostbite engine. LOL yes I am like a Sherlock Holmes detective. :D

Soooo, I just also happen to have Windows 7 home here and I backed up my important stuff and made the switch. Now Im not saying it was Windows 8.1 but both games now run quite well on multi monitor. My Windows 8.1 install was a year or 2 old so there are many things that could have interfered with the Frostbite engine or the game. As my old programs and App's go back on little by little I keep testing to make sure the 2 games are still chugging before going forward.

LOWao, not sure what you mean by "blinkers" the only thing comes to mind is the blinking taking place on Dragon Age when screen trearing occurs when VSYNC is disabled ?? anyway using the Flawless Widescreen (get this) and using The Geforce Experience app and there "Optimal settings" I am running a good 120-140 FPS with VSYNC turned off. I only turn it off to check the FPS and then put it back on to stop screen tearing issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2014, 14:27 

rogerb77 wrote:
LOWao wrote:

I was having issues as well on Nvidia surround and Windows 8.1, I was able to get it to run but then It would not update via Origin and my other games would so I was left unable to play due to being unable to update the game. Grrrr So I got to thinking there was one other game that I was having issue's with after a recent install. That was Battlefield 4. The only 2 games I could not get to run stable and both using the Frostbite engine. LOL yes I am like a Sherlock Holmes detective. :D

Soooo, I just also happen to have Windows 7 home here and I backed up my important stuff and made the switch. Now Im not saying it was Windows 8.1 but both games now run quite well on multi monitor. My Windows 8.1 install was a year or 2 old so there are many things that could have interfered with the Frostbite engine or the game. As my old programs and App's go back on little by little I keep testing to make sure the 2 games are still chugging before going forward.

LOWao, not sure what you mean by "blinkers" the only thing comes to mind is the blinking taking place on Dragon Age when screen trearing occurs when VSYNC is disabled ?? anyway using the Flawless Widescreen (get this) and using The Geforce Experience app and there "Optimal settings" I am running a good 120-140 FPS with VSYNC turned off. I only turn it off to check the FPS and then put it back on to stop screen tearing issues.

120 fps?? OMG WOW!
Yeah i have heard this game does not like Windows 8 at all. I have W7 64 bit (thank the maker), but i know eventually i will have to upgrade to W8... :roll:
What is your setup? I having been trying to play this in 3D on my 120hz Asus VG248QE 24" Monitor in 3D Vision (now that the HelixMod v3 fix has been perfected!)
using a single GTX 980 SC Dual Fan version by EVGA, but i cant get more than 20 fps with all settings on Ultra except post processing (on low) and not using either anti-aliasing options (turned off). You must have SLI right? I have heard that is the only way to deal with the Frostbite 3 engine in 3D or 4K.
Your screenshots are awesome!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 04:27 

blubberduck86 wrote:
rogerb77 wrote:
LOWao wrote:

120 fps?? OMG WOW!
Yeah i have heard this game does not like Windows 8 at all. I have W7 64 bit (thank the maker), but i know eventually i will have to upgrade to W8... :roll:
What is your setup? I having been trying to play this in 3D on my 120hz Asus VG248QE 24" Monitor in 3D Vision (now that the HelixMod v3 fix has been perfected!)
using a single GTX 980 SC Dual Fan version by EVGA, but i cant get more than 20 fps with all settings on Ultra except post processing (on low) and not using either anti-aliasing options (turned off). You must have SLI right? I have heard that is the only way to deal with the Frostbite 3 engine in 3D or 4K.
Your screenshots are awesome!

Im not running 3D or 4K im at 5760 x 1080 which is a big reason my frames are higher, Im running my settings on a mix of high and Ultra, Multi sample AA is "off" and both Post Pprocessing are on high and Ultra, It's the Geforce Experience "optimal" settings all except for the resolution which they want at 3840 x 720.

My system is SLI yes :) I just copied the specs from my sig in another forum for you, It's not the fastest but It keeps me happy. LOL

My monitors are 3 Asus 27" VN279, they are 1920 x 1080 , As you can see I am an Over clocker also, mostly just the CPU though with some mild clocks on the GPU's, I don't play with voltages much on the GPU's.

Intel I5-3570 @4.6 GHZ
ASrock Z77 OC Formula
16GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600 DDR 3
(2) Gigabyte G1-Gaming GTX 970 4GB SLI
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
(2) WD 1TB Caviar Black 7200 64mg cache
Nvidia Surround triple monitor setup
Pioneer Internal BD Writer (BDR-207DBK)
Corsair Hydro H100i AIO CPU cooler
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU
Corsair 650D Mid Tower

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next