Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 01:54 

Hi another first poster here. :) I'm running the game in surround mode in (bezel compensated) 6048*1200. Everything seems fine so far, except for one issue. The intro with all the cutscenes was ok, only my center monitor was used (not a big issue), but after really getting into the game, the cutscenes are stretched extremely. The game still renders the cutscenes for one monitor, but stretches it across all three.

Do you guys have any idea what might cause this? It seems I'm the only one with this issue so far?

I tried disabling the Origin overlays, but that made no difference.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 10:13 

Hallo Together,

is there any possibility to get the "Main Menu" and the other "Menus" to 21:9 ??

Is really annoying to see the cutscenes in 16:9 so at least it would be great if we could see the menus in 21:9 ...also in DA: Origin it was possible - why not in DA: I????

a little step backward?!

Also what is really annoying that you can move your character only by mouse - you always have to use W A S D - wtf?!?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 10:29 

I love the Bioware compatibility with Windows and Windowed mode. :clap:
I thought i would have more fun with the console version so i bought both PC & Xbox ONE editions just to satisfy my curiosity. Then i realized i could output this game on the PC in 3K widescreen.

So first I set all the graphics to their max settings while in boring 16:9 1080p, then after i finished i closed the game, went into Documents>Bioware>Dragon Age Inquisition>Save>Profile Options profile. By then the game had created the profile settings ini, i typed in my own custom combined resolution of 3648 x 1152 instead of 1920 x 1080. When i fired up the game again Windowed, it spanned across one 24" monitor in portrait mode, another 40" HDTV in PC mode at the center, then another 24" monitor attached to the other side in portrait mode... Surround wont work with my config, so i had to use full windowed mode and click hold and drag it to fit. The cut scenes are still in 16:9, but the gameplay fills all 3 screens!

Say what you will about the lack of 3D support for this game, but a 4K Widescreen game this definitely is! Oh, and i had to turn off the anti-aliasing to get my 60 fps back, everything else though is set at Ultra...

To ice the cake, I discovered my brand new Xbox ONE controller plugs into my gaming rig via mini USB, a quick driver install and you can use it to play DA:I on your own kick ass gaming rig and actually be able to "walk" instead of running everywhere using Xpadder or mouse & keyboard. It works better than the Xbox 360 controller for Windows (never thought i'd admit that)...
Liking this game more and more as the first few hours of gameplay roll by!
Below are some of my humble screenshots:

http://www.wsgf.org/gallery/3648-x-1152 ... creenshots

Last edited by Gungoose360 on 26 Nov 2014, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 15:52 

I have this problem with lateral black bars at the menus playing at 21:9, anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 01:21 

Hi
Your problem used to happen to me when playing Mass Effect 3 with Soft TH and WS Fixer, i had to set the HUD to 1920 x 1080, and have all else 3648 x 1152.
Are you using Soft TH to output the game across your monitors or do you just have one 4K Monitor?
Pls post your system specs and any 3rd party applications you are using for the WS output. :think:
Maybe try using windowed mode and stretch to fit your screen? That is what i was forced to do.
Here is my output at 3648 x 1152:

Last edited by Gungoose360 on 27 Nov 2014, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2014, 03:57 

I've just started playing on a 3-monitor widescreen 5760x1980 Eyefinity, but the HUD is still off to the sides. Normally Widescreen Fixer or Flawless Widescreen take care of that, but don't see any setting, an .ini, or fixes in one of these programs. Solution anyone?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2014, 02:52 

Hello
Could you post your image screenshot URL showing your issue?
Have you tried running the game in windowed mode and dragging the window to fit your combined resolution?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2014, 03:13 

The FOV is horrid in my opinion.
In the game files it says 70, but it feels more like 60..

It's making me nauseous & zooming out does not help one bit :(

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 03:22 

Dragging a windowed version doesn't help
Can't seem to get the image to show here.

https://flic.kr/p/pWc2FT

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 06:39 

Quote:
Hi another first poster here. :) I'm running the game in surround mode in (bezel compensated) 6048*1200. Everything seems fine so far, except for one issue. The intro with all the cutscenes was ok, only my center monitor was used (not a big issue), but after really getting into the game, the cutscenes are stretched extremely. The game still renders the cutscenes for one monitor, but stretches it across all three.

Do you guys have any idea what might cause this? It seems I'm the only one with this issue so far?

Im doing well accept I have this issue also, The cut scene is one monitor image stretched to cover 3, This is my only real problem. I had to turn vsync back on as I was getting a ton of tearing etc.

This stuff is all fixable, The game by the way looks and plays amazing, Once all issues are fixed this game is going to take a lot of my time in the coming months :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next