Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 05:11 

I looked around the net and others posted similar bleed issues...so I'm going to say for now it's a model issue.
Some speculate it's the bezel and that it is too tight in the corners, which I believe was a similar issue on the non-curved model, 34um95.

I love the curved idea and looks and down the road, I may try a curved TV as a monitor. However, the add'l premium for the LG curved TV's is too much right now. Samsung also has curved TV's, but they don't seem to support 4:4:4 4k@60hz very well based on various AVS forums posts and threads.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 12:37 
Editors
Editors

Holy......
That bleeding looks horrible!

It's sad that a lot of new monitors have such heavy problems on their first production run.
*looks back at the eizo foris he once had*

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 07:25 

Yeah, I was as equally surprised once I powered it on. I've been through more monitors than I care to share, but without a doubt the curved LG was the first monitor I've ever experienced that had bleed and not even a little but a LOT!!

I would definitely wait for their next rev if you want to go curved and make sure you buy it from a place with a no questions asked return policy.