Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 05:45 

Screenshots (2560x1080):

I love the Risen series! Shame this newest installment doesn't support ultrawide monitors by default. After a bunch of tinkering, I finally got it working at 2560x1080 problem-free (as far as I can tell so far). Here's how:

1. edit <path-to-game>\data\ini\ConfigDefault.xml and set the following options:
<Window
Top="0"
Right="2560"
RefreshRate="60"
Left="0"
Bottom="1080"
AdapterNumber="1"
>
</Window>
*Note: some folks seem to suggest putting the proper aspect ratio into the "gui" section. For good meaure, I added "<Aspect21x9 VirtalWidth="2560" VirtalHeight="1080" EnableDrawScale="True">
</Aspect21x9>", although I'm not sure if that would work for other resolutions

2. Edit %APPDATA%\Local\Risen3\Config\ConfigUser.xml, search for "FullScreen", and set it to:
FullScreen="false"

* So far, this will allow you to run Risen 3 at 2560x1080 in a window. However, the window will have thick borders (not fullscreen) and the Windows cursor might not disappear and show up in-game (seems it doesn't happen all the time). Continue onto these steps:

3. Download Fullscreenizer (http://www.mediafire.com/download/6utvc ... enizer.zip). You can use this app to "fullscreenize" (aka remove windows borders) from any windowed application

* The next step is only useful if you're having an issue with the Windows cursor showing up in-game when you're in windowed mode

4. Download Nomousey.exe (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y08agiwbhdmk ... usy1.5.zip). Create a shortcut to the exe (I put mine on my desktop), and edit the shortcut's properties. You need to change the path of the "target", and add "/hide" to the end (so mine reads "C:\nomousy.exe /hide"). You can run this shortcut to remove the windows cursor, and run it again when you're done to bring it back.

And that's it. You should now be running at 2560x1080, fullscreen, without a windows cursor in the way. As far as I can tell there are no real issues with the UI or any of that. This technique may work for folks running even wider resolutions.

Let me know if you find an easier way, if you please. Enjoy!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 16:13 

Thanks a ton. Was waiting for FW to update until i played this, but no more :D

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 17:04 
Editors
Editors

just setting the "Right" to 5760 does not enable Eyefinity :(

P.S if anyone has problems with the game crashing/not(endless) loading when you press new game, disable Hyperthreading!

P.P.S It would be great if you could add some Screenshots and the way how you modified the game in the Detailed Report: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/risen-3/en

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 18:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I just sent a copy of the game to Helifax, since he has a Risen 2 full screen multi screen fix from before. Hopefully when he has time he can come up with a full screen fix like before.

Just to add, adding in the ConfigUser.xml 5760 and 1080 does not work in full screen.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 22:03 

I just add 2560 and 1080 and set the full screen to "true" and it seems to work now, i have the game running in full screen but no so sure about the resolution, how can i check it ?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2014, 22:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I can get the game to run in borderless window @5760x1080, and I can make the HUD scale properly, but adjusting the 1920x1080 GUI option to 5760 - BUT the GUI is on the left monitor and I get that cursor problem.

To be honest this game seems a little sub-par anyways, so I'm not even sure if I'll put in the time - glad I got it cheap.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 00:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Fullscreen working !

Centered Interface

Centered In-Game Menus

Corrected FOV during Cinematics

Remaining Issue is the HOT-BAR which for the love of GOD It doesn't want to be centered....

Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 02:15 
Insiders
Insiders

@Helifax , Holy Shit that was fast :) ! :rockout:

Awesome man, thanks for working on it looks awesome in multi.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 03:40 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
@Helifax , Holy Shit that was fast :) ! :rockout:

Awesome man, thanks for working on it looks awesome in multi.

It's fast because he doesn't do anything else!! You bum Helifax! :hide: Ok, good work I guess :rockout:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 03:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Yeah I can get the game to run in borderless window @5760x1080, and I can make the HUD scale properly, but adjusting the 1920x1080 GUI option to 5760 - BUT the GUI is on the left monitor and I get that cursor problem.

To be honest this game seems a little sub-par anyways, so I'm not even sure if I'll put in the time - glad I got it cheap.

Don't give up on it, make sure you at least join a faction and play as a faction with the new skills etc(basically this assigns a class to you and open up the game). Once you pick a faction then it is a totally different game and owns big time. I really dig it.