Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 19:19 

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum and I have a LG29UM65. I can't play The Witcher 2 on 21:9, I tried all, also your fix, but it seems to not work. Please someone could help me?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 23:50 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't think either of the fixes were actually made using one single screen and a 21:9 aspect ratio. At the time 21:9 wasn't even released in consumer monitors...

All I can say is that both fixes are working both on Steam and GOG. The rest is up to you (the user) to find the correct parameters to put int the fixes to make it work...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 14:42 

So it's impossible to play without black bars? Sad for that... :c

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 22:28 

joker339 wrote:
Hi guys,
I just bought a Dell U3415W and wanted to get Witcher 2 to run. After fooling around managed to get it to work in 21:9.

Here are the detailed steps with Widescreen Fixer:
1) You MUST have more than 1 monitor connected (tried with just one monitor and it could never work)
2) Don't need to enable Surround
3) Set Widescreen Fixer to CINEMASCOPE Aspect Ratio
4) On Witcher 2 Configuration choose one of the 21:9 ratios - 3440x1440 or 2560x1080
5) the aspect ratio should be blank. If it is not blank - try to enable surround and run the game at least once choosing a SURROUND ASPECT RATIO - 3xreso or 2xreso - anything is fine
6) Once you load up the Witcher 2 - Screen may be blank but you should hear sound.
Use '*' to toggle widescreen fixer on and off
Note that starting videos for me are in 16:9
Once you hit the main game area or arena - press '*' again if required.
21:9 should be working

You can safely detach your 2nd monitor after that. It is no longer required. I tried it. Just don't touch the aspect ratio again after that! (I am assuming)

If you run into problems, try running Widescreen Fixer as Admin.

Anyways, just wanted to help out! It's running great now. Remember, seems to need an additional monitor to get the fix working first time (could never get it to work with 1 monitor connection).

Enjoy!

Note my system specs:
Nvidia GTX660

I'm using 3.4 GOG: I didn't need a second monitor but following steps 3-6 and toggling the widescreen fixer works perfectly. Thank you! :onethumb:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 04:36 

I can't seem to make this game work in Eyefinity. Well, to be clear, I can get the fix to work, and the game can load up with in my bezel corrected 3x1080p resolution.

However, it crashes, sometimes hard, after nothing more than a few moments. It will completely freeze, sometimes I can get to the task manager to kill the process (without mouse use), or sometimes the attempt to bring that up causes the machine to enter into a hard lock.

For reference, I have a 290x Crossfire system, with an i7-2600K and 16GB DDR3.
The game is from GOG.com, v3.40. Widescreen Fixer is the latest version.
I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Motherboard is latest bios for my P8Z68 Deluxe, and system is rock-solid stable.
I've looped Heaven 4.0 with success, as well as played both BF3 and BF4 multiplayer at the same resolution with zero issues. I also just confirmed that Bioshock Infinite runs at that resolution without trouble, and Crysis 3 was also stable.

I was on the Catalyst Omega 14.12 release, but on a hunch, I figured I should test the recent beta release, 15.3. Well, no change, none whatsoever. I've disabled ULPS in Afterburner just in case, again, no change.

note: I just recently setup my triple monitor system again, after updating my cards to these MSI Lightning 290x's in the past month. So I've tested different things because I do want to ensure the system is still stable with these new cards, as the first one I had bought actually was a dud that ended up crapping out, and I had to send that to MSI for RMA service. However, again, all stress tests have checked out, and I've played the BF games at length without issue.

Any thoughts? I've played around with different settings in Widescreen Fixer, and found out that Flawless Widescreen does not work at all for this game.

edit: I didn't realize this is sort of the wrong forum for this question. I've posted it under Multi-monitor/Eyefinity here.

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 21:12 

Spent some time to set it up for 21:9 3440x1440 (and probably 2560x1080 too, but haven't tried) and just wanted to share with others who may need it. To add onto what joker339 has already pointed out:

- Widescreen Fixer works for patch 3.4, but NOT 3.4.1. If you have 3.4.1, you must downgrade to 3.4 to get the fix to work. I couldn't figure out how to uninstall a specific patch so I had to re-install the game from scratch and install the patches up until 3.4.
- Make sure you have 3440x1440 or 2580x1080 selected as your resolution in the launcher and your aspect ratio is blank
- In Widescreen Fixer, click the cog when you have Witcher 2 selected to bring up the settings. Uncheck 'Automatically Detect Aspect-Ratio', choose 'Custom' and set it as 21:9. You can also just choose 'Cinema' from the list since I haven't really noticed any differences between it and Custom 21:9, but I went with Custom 21:9 just in case. Save the settings.
- Enable the fix when you are in game. The menus and starting videos are in 16:9 regardless of whether the fix is enabled or not. You have to get into the actual game first where you can run around to see if the fix has worked correctly or not.

Hope this helps.