Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2014, 04:25 

Ok, so I confirmed that flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer do not work with the GOG version of Witcher 2. They are both up to date but there is a difference between the two exe files on both versions. Unless someone else has a better idea, it seems like the steam version is the only one that works with the fix. Here is a screenshot of both exe files and the difference. The one on the left is the Steam version and the GOG version is on the right.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2014, 04:39 

Really odd.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 06:51 
Editors
Editors

The Witcher 2 on Steam offers achievements, leaderboards, Steam Cloud, etc. The code for those features could account for the increased file size of the Steam version over the GOG exe. This is just a guess, since I don't own the game on Steam.

Given that a 1-byte difference in exe size could render a memory hack useless, it's not surprising the Steam fixes fail with the GOG version here.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2014, 20:48 

gumbo1919 wrote:
Ok, so I confirmed that flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer do not work with the GOG version of Witcher 2. They are both up to date but there is a difference between the two exe files on both versions. Unless someone else has a better idea, it seems like the steam version is the only one that works with the fix. Here is a screenshot of both exe files and the difference. The one on the left is the Steam version and the GOG version is on the right.

I have the version on the right side although I purchased the steam version. No fix is working for me at all. It drives me crazy..

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2014, 01:56 

gumbo1919 wrote:
Ok, so I confirmed that flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer do not work with the GOG version of Witcher 2.

Can't confirm that. Got v3.4.0 from GOG and Widescreen Fixer works just fine. Did you correctly set your resolution in WSF?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 04:25 

Whenever I try the fix (both retail and steam version) it stay on the center screen and is very compressed like this http://i.imgur.com/4WHb9ND.jpg

also here is comparison to the non fixed version

http://i.imgur.com/3BPzuJG.jpg

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2015, 17:15 

Could someone help me get this game set up on my brand new Dell U3415W monitor?

For the life of me, I can't get that game to work in 21:9 and I've tried using both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen fixer. I have the 3.4.0 version from GOG. The black bars remain each side no matter what I do. Never had a surround/eyefinity setup or Ultrawide monitor before so I've no experience about these things..

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 02:17 

Giant_Panda wrote:

For the life of me, I can't get that game to work in 21:9 and I've tried using both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen fixer. I have the 3.4.0 version from GOG. The black bars remain each side no matter what I do. Never had a surround/eyefinity setup or Ultrawide monitor before so I've no experience about these things..

When using Widescreen Fixer, are you clicking the gear icon next to the Select Game dropdown? If not then select The Witcher 2 and click the gear icon to configure the settings for that specific game.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 08:27 

Ryukan wrote:
Giant_Panda wrote:

When using Widescreen Fixer, are you clicking the gear icon next to the Select Game dropdown? If not then select The Witcher 2 and click the gear icon to configure the settings for that specific game.

Yeah. I have been doing that. And I've tried the default settings and forcing 21:9 and bunch of other aspect ratio settings. Nothing works.. :/

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 09:24 

Hi guys,
I just bought a Dell U3415W and wanted to get Witcher 2 to run. After fooling around managed to get it to work in 21:9.

Here are the detailed steps with Widescreen Fixer:
1) You MUST have more than 1 monitor connected (tried with just one monitor and it could never work)
2) Don't need to enable Surround
3) Set Widescreen Fixer to CINEMASCOPE Aspect Ratio
4) On Witcher 2 Configuration choose one of the 21:9 ratios - 3440x1440 or 2560x1080
5) the aspect ratio should be blank. If it is not blank - try to enable surround and run the game at least once choosing a SURROUND ASPECT RATIO - 3xreso or 2xreso - anything is fine
6) Once you load up the Witcher 2 - Screen may be blank but you should hear sound.
Use '*' to toggle widescreen fixer on and off
Note that starting videos for me are in 16:9
Once you hit the main game area or arena - press '*' again if required.
21:9 should be working

You can safely detach your 2nd monitor after that. It is no longer required. I tried it. Just don't touch the aspect ratio again after that! (I am assuming)

If you run into problems, try running Widescreen Fixer as Admin.

Anyways, just wanted to help out! It's running great now. Remember, seems to need an additional monitor to get the fix working first time (could never get it to work with 1 monitor connection).

Enjoy!

Note my system specs:
Nvidia GTX660