View topic - How-To: Close the gap below the +1 monitor

b0n3z
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 64
skipclarke wrote:Not with the current hardware in the kit. About a year ago Ergotech updated the clamps they use on their full-sized monitors bars. It pushed that row of monitors out. You can do you own custom mod on the +1 my using longer screws and a spacer (stack of washers or something).

I'm working to see what I can do to fix this in future orders, but don't have solutions as of yet.

Hello Skip,

First - Thank you for putting together a great stand! I ordered the WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 and later ordered the Thru Desk Mount option. I now have a very simple clean adjustable stand that looks amazing. However as you mentioned - there is a gap for my 4th monitor. I have taken apart of one of the adjustable pivots. I purchased the longest screws that home depot had with this same thread. Unfortunately, these are still too short. I was thinking about making something that would be adjustable much like the height adjustments. I thought about how a scissor car jack works and found the following - "Lab Jack". These come in several sizes and would allow the bracket to extend. I'm just not sure about the weight it can support.

I wanted to know your opinion or opinions of others. If they have tried something similar or different - please share.

Thank you,

-Ken
(aka b0n3z)

Image Image
ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup
b0n3z
NVIDIA Surround Users

Now I'm wondering if something like this might be more simple and also give me further downward angle (which I need for the TN panel above). However, I don't believe it will provide enough depth to match the top of the center panel below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824992039

The other option is to order another center mount bar or one with extensions and mount some light weight speakers. This option would also have a gap once the top monitor is tilted downwards, but smaller spacers on the vesa mount could then be used.

Just posting/thinking out loud in case someone else has a similar idea or comes up with a better solution.

-b0n3z
ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7451
Articles: 504
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 166
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
I've been working to sort this out as well, but everything that I've come up with is expensive. This option looks to be cheaper and better than what I've been trying to sort out. I'll buy one to test.

Looking at the stand with the lower bar and top mounting block, the pivots do line up vertically when you put the fixed pivot (no height adjustment) below, and the adjustable one above. The issue occurs when you tilt the top monitor.

stand1.jpg

What I've looked at doing is making a short mounting bar for the top, that would mirror the bar underneath. The problem here is expense. It costs me about $30 just to order the bar. Then I'd have to pay upwards of $40 to get it cut shorter (the width of the mounting clamp) and move the "security" set screws that sit at the ends.

This would end up being a $75 part, and would only give about 1" more depth.

stand2.jpg

The mount from Rosewill is $15 and has a 2" depth. It also pivots on the bottom edge, and not the middle - which will give more "depth" in practice. The issue to be sorted is whether the screw holes on both sides are 100mm VESA. Based on this picture, it doesn't look like it, but extra holes can probably be drilled easily.

24-992-039-04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Just to update folks. I did one of these Rosewill adapters in from NewEgg. It does have 100mm VESA pattern on both sides. Looks promising. Will set it up and test with a pair of my 25" panels.
b0n3z
NVIDIA Surround Users

skipclarke wrote:Just to update folks. I did one of these Rosewill adapters in from NewEgg. It does have 100mm VESA pattern on both sides. Looks promising. Will set it up and test with a pair of my 25" panels.

Skip - thank you for posting that VESA pattern is on both sides. :onethumb: I just now ordered one from NewEgg after reading your post. If this does work as intended, I'll take pictures and post for others in the same scenario.

My plan B if this doesn't work is to look at a ErgoTech 200 part and see if the pole for the 200 series is the same as the 100. This also comes in black. I would also need to contact ErgoTech to find out if they sell this part separately.

-b0n3z

Last edited by b0n3z on 01 Sep 2016, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

Current Setup
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

b0n3z wrote:
skipclarke wrote:Skip - thank you for posting that VESA pattern is on both sides. :onethumb: I just now ordered one from NewEgg after reading your post. If this does work as intended, I'll take pictures and post for others in the same scenario.

My plan B if this doesn't work is to look at a ErgoTech 200 part and see if the pole for the 200 series is the same as the 100. This also comes in black. I would also need to contact ErgoTech to find out if they sell this part separately.

I'm hoping to test mine soon. So many unfinished projects...

Let me know if Ergotech can't sell directly to you. As a reseller I can order parts directly from them, which may not be available to the retail public.
b0n3z
NVIDIA Surround Users

Skip - so I received my shipment from Newegg - Rosewill Tilt Monitor Mounting Kit (THMS-11004). What I didn't expect is all the hardware included. It came with 4 black spacers and several sets of four bolts (Short and Long). So I already had some white spacers. These combined with the black spacers gave me enough added length to shorten the gap between the bottom center monitor and the top monitor with a sharp angle downwards. I think this may be the new solution! I'm extremely happy with this bracket and how flush the top monitor is now with more angle included. :D

Something to note: the bracket would not sit flush on my monitor (ASUS PG278Q) because it's inset. So I had to use some white spacers from Home Depot. However, this worked in my favor with the distance I needed to close the gap. I can't remember what size the white spacers are (I measured them to be 1" length) from Home Depot. The black spacers came with the Rosewill Tilt Monitor Mounting Kit. I had to purchase some nuts and washers to fit the M5 long bolts that came in the kit. Although not necessary I changed the side bolts that adjust the angle to a black hex bolt. I was hoping I could get all the hardware in black...

-b0n3z

Last edited by b0n3z on 01 Sep 2016, 04:08, edited 4 times in total.

Current Setup
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

BITCHING!!! :rockout: :rockout: Thanks for testing. Can you provide some details (size) about the spacers you used?
b0n3z
NVIDIA Surround Users

skipclarke wrote:BITCHING!!! :rockout: :rockout: Thanks for testing. Can you provide some details (size) about the spacers you used?

I'm not sure about the exact size, but it needs to have the inner diameter wide enough for the M4 or M5 bolt to fit through and screw into the monitor VESA mount. I guess some monitors are M4 and others are M5. :think: For my ASUS PG278Q I used the M4. So this is why I needed washers and bolts for the extra M5 bolts used to hold to the ErgoTech. The length of the white spacers where 1" long. Below is the attached instructions which shows all the hardware included.

I'm glad we got this all figured out. :cheers: I'm curious to hear your opinion after your testing too or others if they go this same route.

-b0n3z

Current Setup
darthf1

Forum Posts: 2
Found something similar in the Netherlands (https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/324098/ ... a-w60.html)
Next

Return to Monitor Stand Store