Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HD Pivot for 100-Series
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 16:08 
Founder
Founder

NOTE: I am now able to order these via a distributor. The ship direct from Ergotech. I can do international orders, shipping first to myself, then re-posting.

These pivot are needed for large format monitors, whose weight and/or weight distribution "overpower" the standard adjustable pivot. This could possibly include 28" and 32" 4k UHD panels, but particularly effects 34" curved ultra-wide panels. These are compatible with the WSGF Stand, and any "100 series" Ergotech stand.

The weight (and more importantly), the weight distribution on the curved panels pushes the center of gravity "forward" and causes the standard pivot to tip forward. This caused the panel to "tip downward".

Shipping & Handling

For detailed information, please visit the Shipping & Handling page. This page provides further S/H details, including which countries we ship to. International shipping rates below are an initial estimate, and may be revised after order. PLEASE NOTE: Customers are responsible for any import taxes and fees required. These fees or taxes are not included in the product price or shipping costs.

Shipping costs for this item are as follows:

US CAN US APO/FPO AUS EU UK JP HK
Cost $10 $20 $5 $25 $25 $25 $25 $25
Ship Method UPS (Continental US). All others USPS Global Priority.

Repairs & Refunds

TL;DR
Ergotech offers a Lifetime Warranty on their stands. Repairs are rare. We can, and will work to resolve any and all issues with your stand. For full details, visit the Repair & Refunds page.

Installation

• USE COMMON SENSE
  • PDF Installation Instructions for "Base Model" Freedom Triple Stand from Ergotech (the basis for this SKU)
  • Don't do anything that will cause the stand to tip over
  • ALWAYS load from the center out, and the bottom up
  • After you have the center monitor installed, take time to check the height (before adding additional monitors)

Last edited by skipclarke on 06 Jun 2019, 14:40, edited 33 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2017, 09:10 

The monitor seems a bit light for a 34 incher. Think I could get away without purchasing it?

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienwar ... ccessories

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 14:48 
Founder
Founder

I'm almost 100% sure you'll still need the HD pivot. The issue is not just the weight, but the weight distribution. The curved 34" panels tend to be thicker in the middle, and then the screen curves forward on top of that. This pushes the center of gravity out in front of the pivot, adding extra downward force.