NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7460
Articles: 505
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 165
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
New Lower Price - $799

We are currently out of stock, and are offering $25 off during our "Out of Stock Sale". Updates to stand availability can be found here.

This is a second version of our custom SKU, based on two WSGF Ultimate v2 stands. The Mega is basically a "mod" to merge two WSGF Ultimate v2 stands together.

This stand distributes the monitor weight across two heavy duty bases, which helps ensure stability of the entire installation, and the two clamp points greatly reduce the flexing of the arm (from the weight of the monitors).

The Mega offers options for a greater range of monitor sizes and configurations, and allows for greater stability. The stand can support, 3, 4, 5 or 6 monitor configurations. Using either the short or tall poles, and one Mega Bar, the stand can support up to 3x 32" monitors.

Using the tall poles and adding two of the mini-bars, it can support 2+3 with 27" monitors (the included poles are not tall enough for two rows of 32" monitors). Using two Mega Bars, the stand will support six 27" monitors in a 3x2 configuration. (You can purchase the 36" or 48" poles from Ergotech, which will support six 32" panels.)

Additionally, the outer wings on one bar can be removed, allowing for a 1+3 configuration - mounting the top monitor between the two poles. Finally, if your needs change, the Mega v2 can be reconfigured into two separate WSGF Ultimate v2 stands.

PLEASE NOTE: Do to the spacing of the poles, this product cannot be wall mounted. It can be mounted with the Thru-Desk mounts. The picture at right shows the eight positions at which pivots can mount, but only six pivots are included.

Check out the Reviews Page to see what people have said about the Ergotech and WSGF Edition Stands.

The custom "Mega" stand will support:
  • Triple Widescreen: 3 x 30" (2560x1600)
  • Triple 4k UHD: 3 x 28" or 3 x 32" 4k UHD (3840 × 2160)
  • Triple Ultra-Wide: 3 x 29" (2560x1080)
  • Mixed-Mode Triple: 27" 16:9 (L/R) and 34" 21:9 (Center)
  • 5x1-Portrait: 3 x 27" (2560x1440) with thin bezels

The shipping package includes:
  • 2x Heavy Duty Base
  • 2x "Short" Pole (16" height)
  • 2x "Tall" Pole (28" height)
  • 2x "Mega Five Segment Bar" (two clamp points)
  • 2x "Mini Bar" (used to mount the "1" in "1 over 3" configurations)
  • 6x Pivots (6 adjustable)

Please Note: If you are planning to mount a 34" ultra-wide panel, you will also need to purchase an HD Adjustable Pivot.

PicIt also includes the following items, which are pictured to the right.
  • 26 cable clips - 6 pole clips, 20 bar clips
  • Alignment Tools - protractor and level
  • 2x Neoprene base pad

Technical Specifications

The stand weighs approximately 60 pounds, fully loaded with four pivots. Each base measures approximately 18" square. It supports the following monitor specifications.

Total Bar Weight 1+3 Total Weight 3x1-L Width* 5x1-P Width* 1+3-L Height* Price**
WSGF Edition Ultimate 75 lbs 125 lbs 29.5 in 15.0 in 16.0 in $849
*These measurements are the physical height and width of your monitors - NOT the diagonal viewable area. Please measure your monitors. **Street price.

Shipping & Handling

For detailed information, please visit the Shipping & Handling page. This page provides further S/H details, including which countries we ship to. PLEASE NOTE: Customers are responsible for any import taxes and fees required. These fees or taxes are not included in the product price or shipping costs.

Shipping costs for this item are as follows:

US CAN US APO/FPO ANZ EU UK ME JP/HK
Cost $80 $300 $150 $450 $300 $350 $400 $400
Ship Method UPS (Continental US). All others USPS Global Priority.

Repairs & Refunds

TL;DR
Ergotech offers a Lifetime Warranty on their stands. Repairs are rare. We can, and will work to resolve any and all issues with your stand. For full details, visit the Repair & Refunds page.

Installation

• USE COMMON SENSE
  • PDF Installation Instructions for "Base Model" Freedom Triple Stand from Ergotech (the basis for this SKU)
  • Don't do anything that will cause the stand to tip over
  • ALWAYS load from the center out, and the bottom up
  • After you have the center monitor installed, take time to check the height (before adding additional monitors)
  • Do to the spacing of the poles, this product cannot be wall mounted. It can be mounted with the Thru-Desk mounts

New Lower Price - $799

We are currently out of stock, and are offering $25 off during our "Out of Stock Sale". Updates to stand availability can be found here.
Last edited by skipclarke on 26 Sep 2017, 17:42, edited 24 times in total.
Reason: Edit
frijoles

Forum Posts: 4
Hello, I hope this is in the right place, if not please let me know and I will go to the right place to ask about this.

I recently bought three 32" monitors to use with Nvidia surround, and the monitors are fantastic, but right now I am having to use a door on its side in place of a good desk because of the sheer size of these behemoths.

Even with a 3' by 8' door taking up the majority of space in my room I still have less space on my desk than ideal and I'd like to downsize in terms of desk size by quite a bit anyway.

I found two, I think, separate monitor stands that both support 3 32" monitors. If the page on newegg is to be believed these are right around 29" wide each. One of them I am not sure of the quality, as if it keeps my monitors even slightly crooked I would lose my mind, and the other one is sold on this site.

My main quesiton is that I am not 100% sure which one actually will hold my monitors. I don't especially want to drop $700 on a monitor stand, especially when I don't need most of the features it provides.

I simply want to hold three 32" monitors and keep them aligned as perfectly as possible. I don't need to hold more than that, I don't need to have all this adjustment and tilt and swivel or expansion options or anything. I JUST need to hold these three monitors level and straight. I don't care of it clamps to the desk, or if it sits on it, although I'd prefer a clamp if given the choice. I even looked into getting three separate ergotron arms, but I can't verify 100% if they will hold my monitors or not.

Does anyone have a suggestion or can anyone clear up which WSGF stand does what or what would be best for my needs? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Abram
Insiders
AMD Eyefinity Users

Forum Posts: 2026
From http://www.wsgf.org/article/wsgf-editio ... itor-stand "

...The WSGF Edition will fit monitors up to 25.5" wide (physical width).

So i think you're out of luck with this stand. I have a 32" in the center of my non-WSGF ergotech stand with teh telescoping wings, and there's no way I'd be able to fit two more on here. (instead i flipped my 24" for PLP). Before this tand, i had 3x desk-clamping arm mounts that worked fine. I got them from Monoprice.com.
frijoles

Abram wrote:From http://www.wsgf.org/article/wsgf-editio ... itor-stand "

...The WSGF Edition will fit monitors up to 25.5" wide (physical width).

So i think you're out of luck with this stand. I have a 32" in the center of my non-WSGF ergotech stand with teh telescoping wings, and there's no way I'd be able to fit two more on here. (instead i flipped my 24" for PLP). Before this tand, i had 3x desk-clamping arm mounts that worked fine. I got them from Monoprice.com.

I'll grab a measuring stick to confirm real quick and edit.

What brand were they? Do you remember? Or what you paid?
Abram
Insiders
AMD Eyefinity Users

Forum Posts: 2026
Monoprice branded. I bought them for 24" displays, so they may not be up to muster for 32".. It was 7 years ago that I bought them. Just look through the site and check specs. I've purchased 100's of their products, and the 2-4 times I've ahda problem, they've replaced it very quickly.

Edit: Oh here we go. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5402 Pretty much what i had. Looks a bit different. I actually still have one sitting in a box somewhere.. I had my side displays outstretched pretty far, adn I don't recall much sag. Of course, not nearly the adjsutability of teh Ergotech stand, but I was satisfied with them. I fgot my Ergotech because i wanted a smaller desk/footprint. Of course now I have a 6-foot wide desk. :/

Food for thought: When i started looking into large stands, i found a lot of build video and guides for custom-made mounting options. If you're comfortable with such things and have access to tool/equipment, you may want to consider it. There are also a few companies that make stands for display arrays for powerplants, oil rigs, and places of that nature that look awesome, but the price skyrockets when i you start looking into that stuff. Then again, this was some time ago, so maybe things have improved with the increased popularity of multi-monitor and the ever-increasing display sizes we now have.

Good luck with your hunt.
Last edited by Abram on 28 Jan 2016, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
frijoles

Abram wrote:Monoprice branded. I bought them for 24" displays, so they may not be up to muster for 32".. It was 7 years ago that I bought them. Just look through the site and check specs. I've purchased 100's of their products, and the 2-4 times I've ahda problem, they've replaced it very quickly.

Edit: Oh here we go. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5402 Pretty much what i had. Looks a bit different. I actually still have one sitting in a box somewhere.. I had my side displays outstretched pretty far, adn I don't recall much sag. Of course, not nearly the adjsutability of teh Ergotech stand, but I was satisfied with them. I fgot my Ergotech because i wanted a smaller desk/footprint. Of course now I have a 6-foot wide desk. :/

Oh, duh! Yeah I was thinking about three of something like that. I didn't think the size would actually matter, if it's just an individual device. I figured the most important thing would be weight, but I was still worried about it because they listed it as a limiting factor so I wanted to confirm. Thank you.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Size can make a difference, if it impacts weight distribution. Case in point, the standard pivot for the Ergotech stand is rated for 25 pounds, but I've just found that it won't hold a 34" curved 21:9. These panels are only 20 pounds. But, they tend to be "bottom heavy" due to speakers and other components. And, the curved nature pushes the center of gravity forward. The pivot can't take it.

Also, you need the adjustments such as tilt, swivel, rotate and lift to ensure your monitors are aligned properly. If your desk isn't perfectly flat, then you need the tilt to adjust and get your monitors perfectly vertical - otherwise they won't line up and will have gaps in between. The rotate and lift offset any flex or bend in the monitor arm. This will happen with any product. It's just the physical of metal.
ElBerryKM13

Forum Posts: 16
Skip do you offer any option to upgrade from mega v1 to this new revision? If so for how much?
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

ElBerryKM13 wrote:Skip do you offer any option to upgrade from mega v1 to this new revision? If so for how much?

I can work something custom out. Are you wanting to do one row of monitors, or two?
ElBerryKM13

Forum Posts: 16
I want to do 6 monitors. Currently using 2x 34" at the botton(left and center) and 1x 27" botton right and 2x 27" at top. I want to put 3x 27" monitors on top row and 3x 34" on bottom row.
Next

Return to Monitor Stand Store