AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7457
Articles: 505
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 166
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
To report spam on the board, please use the "Report this Post" button at the bottom-right of that post. It is the upside-down triangle with the exclamation point in the center. Click that button, choose a reason, and then submit.

reportpost.jpg

At one time (well, more than one time) we had some serious issues with spam on the WSGF forums. When we migrated to phpBB3 we instituted a "Moderation Queue" for all new users. This meant that all newly registered users had to get their first 2-3 (depending on the configuration) posts manually approved.

This worked to stop the spam, but it added delays to posts for new users, and ultimately ended up with double or triple posts in many instances. It was simply something we had to deal with at the time, as the board being overrun by spam was much worse. Since that time we've instituted a number of measures to combat spam, and they have proven very effective.

Some spammers may still get through. If they do, please use the report feature to notify a WSGF Editor about the post. They will take care of it as quickly as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bifurk8
Insiders
I Donated

Forum Posts: 250
Game Reports: 1
The irony...it burns.

*Edit: Hey, at least this particular spammer brought the report spam button to my attention since I didn't catch this post the first time around. Thanks, helpful spammer!
Gamepakhsh

Forum Posts: 1
thanks for the help

Return to Monitor Stand Store