View topic - WSGF Mini Mega Desk Stand v2

john bentley

Forum Posts: 123
Hi Skip,

I'm looking to buy a WSGF stand, probably the WSGF Mini Mega Desk Stand v2, and want to clarify a few things.

In broad terms my requirements are:
  • Triple monitors.
  • To have two vertically supporting poles, as the WSGF Mini Mega Desk Stand v2 has, in order to put my feet up on the desk, through the centre.
  • Support for my current three of 22" inch monitors (20"/508mm, wide) (with future proofing for larger monitors). In using smaller monitors I'm old fashioned in this regard.
  • My current two angles are 35° and 30°.

The main thing I want to check is that given the stands are specifically designed for wider monitors, my narrower stands aren't going to encounter problems (for example the gap in angles, between 30° and 50° as mentioned in Prototyping the WSGF Edition Mega Monitor Stand, with regard to 3 of 34" monitors).

So my specific questions are:
  • Am I right that the 5 segment bar that comes with the WSGF Mini Mega Desk Stand v2 has 3 of 12" segments in the middle? That is, that the 16" segments apply just to the outer 2 segments?
  • Can you recall (perhaps in the early days) achieving a full range of angles with this 5 segment bar for three 22" monitors? (If the answer is "no": that's not too big a deal. I can prototype something from your answer to the above).
  • Am I right that there'd be no advantage, for three of 22" monitors, to moving to another kind of segment bar, such as the (early version) 3 segment bar, or the 3 segment bar with telescoping wings?
  • How's availability at this point in time (noting that you are thinking of winding down)?
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7451
Articles: 504
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 166
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
John,

Thanks for your note and questions... The current Mega design has 12" segments in all positions. I no longer have the 16" segments on the outside. You can check out the video below, which I just posted. It is an unboxing, setup and config of the WSGF Ultimate. With 25" panels, I can go all the way around to 90 degrees. So, you'll have all the range of motion you want.

https://youtu.be/8WXkL49kPfc

I have new parts coming in to support more of these. They should be back in stock in a week or two. I have a couple in the queue now. And, it looks like I will be staying with the stand business. I will probably make smaller orders from Ergotech, as the sales are slowing. But, I've lowered prices across the board (Mini Mega just dropped $50), so we'll see what happens.
skipclarke
Founder
Administrators
Like a Boss
21x9 Users
AMD Eyefinity Users
NVIDIA Surround Users

Forum Posts: 7451
Articles: 504
Blogs: 21
Game Reports: 166
Media Galleries: 7
News Reports: 281
John,

Thanks for your note and questions... The current Mega design has 12" segments in all positions. I no longer have the 16" segments on the outside. You can check out the video below, which I just posted. It is an unboxing, setup and config of the WSGF Ultimate. With 25" panels, I can go all the way around to 90 degrees. So, you'll have all the range of motion you want.

https://youtu.be/8WXkL49kPfc

I have new parts coming in to support more of these. They should be back in stock in a week or two. I have a couple in the queue now. And, it looks like I will be staying with the stand business. I will probably make smaller orders from Ergotech, as the sales are slowing. But, I've lowered prices across the board (Mini Mega just dropped $50), so we'll see what happens.
john bentley

Forum Posts: 123
Hi Skip,

Thanks for the informative reply.

It's good to have confirmed:

* The 5 segments bar @ 12" will be OK for my 22" monitors. I've mocked this up at home with cardboard as a double check. It all looks good.
* The 5 segments bar @ 12" will be good for 3 X 27" (as explained at 2:39 in your video). If I was to go big I too would probably go no higher than 25", as you demo in your video. So it is good to have seen your 25" monitors there.
* You are still in business. :)

I still have in mind an ideal stand which marries: your 5 segment bar; three spring loaded arms that keeps the desk clear; and a crane-like cable system that prevents the arms from sagging over time. Please feel free to take that idea if you iterate another design.

However, short of that ideal it does appear that you've created, with ergotech, the best multimonitor stands in the world. Thanks for your efforts on this.

I've noted that you've got stock on the way " in a week or two". There'd be no rush from my side. I'll just want to join the que. So I'll place an order shortly.
Previous

Return to Monitor Stand Store