Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 07:05 

Hi I was wondering if the stands allow for adjustment "on the fly". I'm a software developer so during the day I'd like to run 1 or 2 of the monitors in portrait mode and then be able to easily rotate them back to landscape for gaming.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 13:47 
Founder
Founder

Yes. You can rotate the pivots while the monitor is still attached.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 00:13 

b0n3z wrote:

Hello OldQuack,

I'm currently running ASUS (3) PG279Q with (1) PG278Q above 3+1 configuration. These PG279Q monitors are 27", however the physical width of these are just under 24 1/2". I can tell you that I can have some pretty sharp angles to turn in the outside monitors. But in order to really give you an answer - I would need to know the angle you need.

I would suggest taking a picture with a protractor showing the angle from the center monitor.

-b0n3z

c1em3ntchua wrote:
Hi OldQuack, I have three Acer XB271HU, with the side monitors mounted at 43 degrees with respect to the middle one. It seems like I can go all the way to 90 degrees if I want to. It's not that clear (in the second image) but the 5-segment bar ends at around the top edge of the G27 rim.
http://i.imgur.com/PaCwflg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gy8xDPb.jpg

Lost track of things there for awhile as a stand solution for my monitors got kicked to a back burner.

Bonez - Once upon a time I had a protractor somewhere in this house. I have pencil compass but not a protactor. Go figure. But seeing multiple reviews and the pics shown by c1em and others. Im pretty confident it would work. Even if I have to open the angles a bit, I can still make it work.

With that said, I have one on the way. Just ordered it, so I'm looking forward to it's arrival and getting it set up.

To be honest, I was considering the 100-D16-BO3-TW on Amazon. Yes, I could have had that one for (much) less, but I was worried about the stock extensions that come with that stand. And who could pass up those cable management clips. (And is it possible to get extras if needed?)

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I've had my eye on that monitor stand ever since I came across these forums while doing some research of wide screen stuff.

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 17:23 
Founder
Founder

octojay wrote:
I see this stand ""only"" supports 24-25" monitors on either side of a 34" ultrawide.

I have a 34" ultrawide flanked by 2x 27" panels, are there any sort of mods I can do to this stand to accommodate my setup? Or will I just have to wait for a version 3?

Thanks!

You would need the WSGF Mega

http://www.wsgf.org/products/wsgf-mega-desk-stand-v2

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2016, 17:17 

Use case question. I currently use 3 BenQ xl2420z 24 inch 16:9 monitors for my bottom 3, and a dell Dell U2415 24.1 inch 16:10 monitor mounted to an ergotech freedom arm wall mount as my auxiliary. My lower 3 are always in landscape, but I need to be able to convert the upper from landscape to portrait. Does this mount support 3l+1p (and have a 90 degree pivot up top) OR can I use the upper pole to place the ergotech freedom arm (since I know the WSGF stand is ergotech, its possible that the parts might be intercompatible). If not, can someone direct me to a solution to recreate this setup WITHOUT A WALL MOUNT (I note that the freedom arm on non wall mount does not reach high enough for my uses), as I'm off to uni, and have a feeling the school doesn't want me drilling into the dorm wall...

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 18:35 
Founder
Founder

Donbuster wrote:
Use case question. I currently use 3 BenQ xl2420z 24 inch 16:9 monitors for my bottom 3, and a dell Dell U2415 24.1 inch 16:10 monitor mounted to an ergotech freedom arm wall mount as my auxiliary. My lower 3 are always in landscape, but I need to be able to convert the upper from landscape to portrait. Does this mount support 3l+1p (and have a 90 degree pivot up top) OR can I use the upper pole to place the ergotech freedom arm (since I know the WSGF stand is ergotech, its possible that the parts might be intercompatible). If not, can someone direct me to a solution to recreate this setup WITHOUT A WALL MOUNT (I note that the freedom arm on non wall mount does not reach high enough for my uses), as I'm off to uni, and have a feeling the school doesn't want me drilling into the dorm wall...

I have had someone try this. I didn't hear back that they had any issues. I did pre-test the wall mount arm, and it does fit over the WSGF Stand pole (see picture). You'll need to use the retaining ring under the arm mount to set its height.

Attachment:
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg [ 128.35 KiB | Viewed 2433 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 13:53 
Founder
Founder

obvious94 wrote:
Hey guys. Any recommendations for a triple monitor stand? I also need a review for it, I can't go buying it based on others opinions. Thank you.

Uh, we sell a triple stand here. There's a link in the top menu to several reviews.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 19:31 

Quote:
I have had someone try this. I didn't hear back that they had any issues. I did pre-test the wall mount arm, and it does fit over the WSGF Stand pole (see picture). You'll need to use the retaining ring under the arm mount to set its height.

So, after trying this for several days, I have some comments to help anyone else with the same question.

The pole designed for the Ergotech Freedom Arm is slightly slimmer than the pole found on the WSGF ultimate. Therefore the plastic retaining sleeve that comes with the Freedom arm is both unneeded and impossible to install without making the pole too thick to fit the stand on. While this sleeve COULD be used to set the height of the arm as you suggested, I would not advise doing so.

What I did instead was take the part designed to mount the upper track for monitor four, and install it upside down on the pole, and simply slid the freedom arm on top. At the maximum height, with fairly heavy monitors below, and a monitor just about of the minimum weight a freedom arm will support, the stand WILL fall over at the freedom arms maximum extension. After it gets moved about an inch down the pole, the stand merely becomes unstable at maximum freedom arm height and extension directly in front. Maximum extension to either side is not a problem.

People attempting this setup should take care not to put the arm at its maximum extension without adding additional weight at the bottom, though looking at the balance, simply C-clamping the back of the desk stand to the desk is a non destructive method of securing it, something I intend to do once I move this setup to its more permanent location on Tuesday.

Despite the lack of a retaining sleeve, the freedom arm does NOT tend to sit at a downwards angle dependent on monitor location like it does when mounted to the normal pole/ wall mount without the sleeve, thanks to the additional thickness of the pole. I will check this thread from time to time, if you want to direct anyone with questions my way.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 19:30 

Hey everyone!
Heard alot about the WSGF and figured you guys were the best to come to for my questions. so heres the dilemma. I got 3 Curved 27" Screens (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/samsung-27 ... 0171646.ip). I want to vesa mount them but i have no idea what will work! any advice is GREATLY appreciated. im very new when it comes to doing something like this and have no idea what to go for. I was looking at the Ergotech 100-D16-B03-TW but from reviews im seeing it BARELY fits 27" monitors and with mine being curved i would assume i would have to bend them in more to give it that surround feel or edge to edge feel it would need. I would assume if there is a 32" monitor stand that would work i just cant find one. ANY advice is helpful as again im a big new when it comes to triple monitor builds. Just in case you need to know my build info, I included it below. I appreciate ANY and ALL help thanks!

Intel Core i7 6700K
Asus z170-A Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws (32GB) Ram
Samsung 850 Evo SSD (500GB)
XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GPU
EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 17:24 

Donbuster wrote:
Quote:

So, after trying this for several days, I have some comments to help anyone else with the same question.

The pole designed for the Ergotech Freedom Arm is slightly slimmer than the pole found on the WSGF ultimate. Therefore the plastic retaining sleeve that comes with the Freedom arm is both unneeded and impossible to install without making the pole too thick to fit the stand on. While this sleeve COULD be used to set the height of the arm as you suggested, I would not advise doing so.

What I did instead was take the part designed to mount the upper track for monitor four, and install it upside down on the pole, and simply slid the freedom arm on top. At the maximum height, with fairly heavy monitors below, and a monitor just about of the minimum weight a freedom arm will support, the stand WILL fall over at the freedom arms maximum extension. After it gets moved about an inch down the pole, the stand merely becomes unstable at maximum freedom arm height and extension directly in front. Maximum extension to either side is not a problem.

People attempting this setup should take care not to put the arm at its maximum extension without adding additional weight at the bottom, though looking at the balance, simply C-clamping the back of the desk stand to the desk is a non destructive method of securing it, something I intend to do once I move this setup to its more permanent location on Tuesday.

Despite the lack of a retaining sleeve, the freedom arm does NOT tend to sit at a downwards angle dependent on monitor location like it does when mounted to the normal pole/ wall mount without the sleeve, thanks to the additional thickness of the pole. I will check this thread from time to time, if you want to direct anyone with questions my way.

Hello Donbuster,

I would be really interested in viewing several pictures please. I too have also thought about putting a series 200 or Freedom Arm. I'm hoping the series 200 doesn't have the same diameter problem of being a different size. My plans are to use a part highlighted in the image (series 200 part) for my top monitor mount. Then I could move the monitor forward and not have the gap between the center monitor and the top monitor tilted downwards. These come in silver and black. So black would be a bonus.

-b0n3z

UPDATE: Looks like I solved the monitor gap and don't need this expensive monitor arm after all. http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=26462&start=20 :twothumb:

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next