Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2017, 20:16 
Founder
Founder

RadioActiveLobster wrote:
Figured I'd try a landscape setup and it fits... barely.

It pushes this stand to its limit. Not sure if I'll keep it this way or if it's even advisable to keep it this way. I do have the stand bolted through the desk so that's helping. I doubt this would work with the included metal plate stand (or that I'd trust it).

I had to push my computer case farther back but luckily there was room and it's rather small compared to my old case where this would never have fit.

And this is why I've never claimed that the stand would support it. Physically there is barely enough room. It's the weight and distribution that makes it a risky proposition. Glad to have a visual confirmation. Thanks for trying it out.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2017, 13:01 
Editors
Editors

These pictures are unsettling... and I don't mean just the dust. Impressive, though ! So much desk space spared and a ridiculously sturdy stand put to the ultimate test. Commendable, if not recommended.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 16:10 

Just finished my setup ;)

the Stand (with the addon for up monitor) is GREAT :)

PostPosted: 29 May 2018, 22:06 

Is it possible to add a second bar without upgrading to the Mega?

I'd like to do a 3+3 and I currently already have the Ultimate v2, it looks like the vertical bar is the same?

Specifically I'm using 27" thin bezel monitors, fairly lightweight... 10lbs ea.

PostPosted: 29 May 2018, 23:07 
Founder
Founder

hardatk wrote:
Is it possible to add a second bar without upgrading to the Mega?

I'd like to do a 3+3 and I currently already have the Ultimate v2, it looks like the vertical bar is the same?

Specifically I'm using 27" thin bezel monitors, fairly lightweight... 10lbs ea.

Yes, it can be done. I currently don't have any for sale at the moment. If you want to send me an email using the contact form, I can put you in line when I have my hands on more.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 18:13 

skipclarke,

I currently use 3 Asus PB278Qs for gaming. Not particularly current -gen, but beautiful 2k screens, regardless. Will the WSGF v2 mount be an option for a traditional nvidia surround gaming setup, or are they too big/heavy even if the mount is secured to my custom wood desk? Thanks for guidance, it is appreciated.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6824236294

Kyle Jones

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 17:09 

JohnShaft wrote:
skipclarke,

I currently use 3 Asus PB278Qs for gaming. Not particularly current -gen, but beautiful 2k screens, regardless. Will the WSGF v2 mount be an option for a traditional nvidia surround gaming setup, or are they too big/heavy even if the mount is secured to my custom wood desk? Thanks for guidance, it is appreciated.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6824236294

Kyle Jones

It will probably work, but you are right at the limit for weight and width. This stand can handle 60#, your monitors are listed at 19.4 each, so about 58.2#. Width specs say 25.5, yours are listed at 25.31.

All that being said, I don't believe this stand is available. Please see the original post.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 18:19 
Founder
Founder

The Ergotech 100-series stands, and the custom WSGF Ultimate (which was based on the 100-series) have been discontinued. They have been replaced by the new 130-series which Ergotech just launched. These are now available in the WSGF Store. Keeping this thread for historical reference.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29