Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 01:08 
Founder
Founder

unispeed wrote:
holy cow those stands are big! but also beyond my current budget, lol. In any case it looks like the bar that spans it is the same, just modified to be supported in 2 spots. Also I noticed that there are some that are doing it on these very forums with the single pole stand. http://www.wsgf.org/node/22352 I dont mind if the arch is not as tight, I just wanted to know if it was possible and also if a 15.5" width would in practice work with the included bar. I also muuuuuch prefer the look of one foot on the desk as opposed to 2...

A few notes on that build
- It was only one person who tried that setup - l88bastard
- The Samsung panels he used only weigh 11.5 pounds with the stand. Yours weigh 17.1 pounds.
- Taking the base off will reduce that, but I don't know how much.
- Acer doesn't list any weights on its site. I had to Google elsewhere for it.
- l88bastard also bezel stripped his panels and took off all the plastics - further reducing the weight and size
- He also had to manually tape the WSGF stand pivots to the back of his monitors with gaffers tape
- He had to tape the outer ones close to the "inside" edge of each monitor (rather than the normal center spot)
- This allowed the ends of his monitors to stick out much further than would normally be allowed
- l88bastard knew he was using the stand beyond the rated specs.
- The whole project was a mod for him, and he accepted the risk if it all failed

The bar is only rated for 75 pounds total. You would need your panels to be less than 15 pounds each to make it. And you'd really want less than that rating is keyed on a traditional setup of three monitors - 25 pounds each in left, right and center. You'd really want 12 pounds or less for each panel, so that the each outer pair came in under 25 pounds.

The stand is rated for how I can safely claim it can be used. If you want to try and go out of spec, then you do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible if it all comes crashing down and your monitors or the stand get damaged. I understand that the single base looks better. But I can't promise that will work.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 01:19 

skipclarke wrote:
unispeed wrote:
holy cow those stands are big! but also beyond my current budget, lol. In any case it looks like the bar that spans it is the same, just modified to be supported in 2 spots. Also I noticed that there are some that are doing it on these very forums with the single pole stand. http://www.wsgf.org/node/22352 I dont mind if the arch is not as tight, I just wanted to know if it was possible and also if a 15.5" width would in practice work with the included bar. I also muuuuuch prefer the look of one foot on the desk as opposed to 2...

A few notes on that build
- It was only one person who tried that setup - l88bastard
- The Samsung panels he used only weigh 11.5 pounds with the stand. Yours weigh 17.1 pounds.
- Taking the base off will reduce that, but I don't know how much.
- Acer doesn't list any weights on its site. I had to Google elsewhere for it.
- l88bastard also bezel stripped his panels and took off all the plastics - further reducing the weight and size
- He also had to manually tape the WSGF stand pivots to the back of his monitors with gaffers tape
- He had to tape the outer ones close to the "inside" edge of each monitor (rather than the normal center spot)
- This allowed the ends of his monitors to stick out much further than would normally be allowed
- l88bastard knew he was using the stand beyond the rated specs.
- The whole project was a mod for him, and he accepted the risk if it all failed

The bar is only rated for 75 pounds total. You would need your panels to be less than 15 pounds each to make it. And you'd really want less than that rating is keyed on a traditional setup of three monitors - 25 pounds each in left, right and center. You'd really want 12 pounds or less for each panel, so that the each outer pair came in under 25 pounds.

The stand is rated for how I can safely claim it can be used. If you want to try and go out of spec, then you do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible if it all comes crashing down and your monitors or the stand get damaged. I understand that the single base looks better. But I can't promise that will work.

I understand. So is the bar that comes with the twin foot version of the stand any wider than the bar that comes with the standard one? Without the stands I think I will come close the 75lbs. Can you link me to the tread where it shows how he set up his panels?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 03:19 
Founder
Founder

Here's an article I posted about it - http://www.wsgf.org/article/wsgf-edition-stand-27-5x1-p

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 08:21 

I am wondering how you "label" the contents of the shipment.

I am from the EU (Belgium) and I really like the stand, been looking at it for a few years almost.

Problem is, this stand would cost me around 664€ if the "value" was set as total. (Shipping + street price) since there's so many extra import % added.. :wtf:
Labeling only the value of the actual stand (375$) would net me around 482€ after tax.
Also depending on the type of "product" it changes the outcome. :? (electronics, hardware, metal,...)

To be clear, I am not asking you to commit fraud and label it as a 1€ "empty" :shh: "giftbox".
I just want to be sure I don't run in to weird situations when I go and pick up the stand. :crazy:

Currently, buying the ergotech version on amazon UK and then import the upgrade bar is cheaper, it would be around 374€, bit I don't really want to go that route.
I'd spend the extra 100€ to have all the parts come from you, (for ease & bragging rights :rockout: ) but if it goes into the 200€ range I might as well just do the work around. (Not that big of a fan 8-) )

Thanks in advance,
Ralph

In case I have to go with the work around:
Is there a difference between the models listed as "100-D16-B03" (what you say on the kit page) and "100-D16-B03-TW" models.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 14:11 
Founder
Founder

The online US Postal form I use online requires me to submit the value of the stand, and it automatically includes the shipping costs on the form. No way around that. I label the contents as "office furniture".

The "B03" model is the standard triple offering from Ergotech. The "B03-TW" is the model with the telescoping wings. The WSGF model uses our custom 5-segment bar, which is wider than the TW bar and more stable. You can see a comparison of the TW and 5-Segment bar here: http://www.wsgf.org/article/wsgf-monitor-stand-reviews (pic in the middle of the page).

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 22:55 

Hey guys,

Igot one question to the monitor stand..

Whats the diameter of the pole? I can´t find that information anywhere on google and i know u guys have some experience with this product ;)

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 23:24 
Founder
Founder

blackstar2e wrote:
Hey guys,

Igot one question to the monitor stand..

Whats the diameter of the pole? I can´t find that information anywhere on google and i know u guys have some experience with this product ;)

OD is 1.5"

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 17:51 

Is there any chance you will sell the wall mount accessory again? I've been running with the WSGF V2 Desk Stand for over 2 years and just moved and want to save some desk space. If not, any tips on what I could do to make one?

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 20:30 
Founder
Founder

Sales of those slowed to a crawl about a year ago. I did a sale to sell the inventory. I can post the parts you'll need. Let me check my kit when I get home.

PS - Sorry i hadn't replied to your email yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 20:34 

No worries! I saw you checked the forums relatively frequently so I thought I might as well post here. Thanks for helping!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next